/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ah salam wa laikum brothers and sisters

michael83drebb
12-09-2012, 09:45 PM
May Allah swt guide us all to the straight path.My names Michael and I'm a new muslim.I'm 29 yrs old and a father of 4..........I'm hear to get advice and meet new friends amongst my fellow brothers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
:welcome: aboard

michael83drebb
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks Sis

Muslim Woman
12-10-2012, 01:33 AM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam , bro.

may Allah bless u always.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
12-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Welcome to Islam and welcome to this forum brother.

May Allah strengthen you in faith and bless your beautiful family with eternal happiness. Ameeeen.

Scimitar
12-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Assalaam alaikum bro Michael :)

welcome to IB.

So, tell us why you chose Islam? I love to read revert stories :)

Scimi

michael83drebb
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you brothers and sisters for all your kind messages and I also hope Allah swt grants you all the same you wish for me plus some Insha'Allah.My revert story goes like this.....Some twenty years ago my white Irish mum met and married a muslim from morocco and Islam was kinda forced on me and my lil bro and a few years later we was forced to emigrate to north africa as my step dad was deported back to his homeland. After 6-7 months my mum had enough and brought us back to london england where unfortunately I through ignorance of being the westernised brit I was then joined a circle of friends who were criminals and fell into my own self destruction with drugs, crime and worse still, sin.At the age of 16 I was homeless and placed in a kings cross where I became addicted to green (Cannabis) hostel by social services where if anyone knows anything about kings cross you'd know not a good place for anyone.Anyway few years later I ended up in prison and after coming out I left london and moved to Wiltshire where I had my 1st daughter thank Allah. This half set me on a straight path but again my ignorance and street life mentality meant I was still involved in drug dealing (Cannabis) and I was still addicted to it which meant I never pulled my mind away from the corruption I was involved in. Having said all of this I must admit I always kinda believed in Islam as I always from young said al-hamdulillah after eating and sneezing and said sukfirllah after burping which I've recently learned is actually meant to be ah-stagfirlah but I was still caught up in this sinful life that's so easy to fall into in this country if none of your friends are muslims and near on everyone I met drank took drugs and partied but couple years back I got into conspiracy theory type stuff and surprisingly enough thank Allah swt that is what actually pushed me back into Islam.I'll explain, after doing a lot of research into the Illuminati I one day came across a youtube vid that was apparently 2 angels taking the soul of a dead baby up towards heaven and being very, very sceptical I showed the vid to my 2 year old daughter which consisted of 2 balls of light basically go into a building and come out with a smaller ball of light and head upwards. She told me the two bigger balls was taking the small one to a hospital in the sky as it was very ill. SubhanAllah that started my first real taste of faith. Then I saw another vid that said the illuminati's biggest enemy is islam, that was another O my type eye opener. Then there was the lion in a zoo that roared Allah hu ackbar and the bird singing praises to Allah swt. (All on youtube). So having seen all of this how can ANYONE deny the signs of our Almighty lord, creator and 1 and only God! Although being honest I can't pretend that's where it ends because it doesn't, unfortunately I am in a very bad situation being that A) I am still living with the mother of 3 of my beautiful children whom I've been with for nearly 6 years, B) I have dogs as I was always a dog lover and C) I am in a lot of debt with the criminals who gave me their product to sell and I really, really, really don't know how to go about fixing my situation. I'm trying to learn how to pray properly by myself from a prayer book as can't seem to get help. Insha'Allah all will come together soon because Islam is what I want and so is heaven what I don't want is to slip back into the corruption of this land hence why I'm online finding you all as friends because I have no muslim friends here. So if anyone can find the time to say a prayer for me it'd be much appreciated. Love to you all brothers and sisters. Michael

Periwinkle18
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Assalam o alikum

akhi welcome to the forum hope u like it here n learn lots n lots inshaAllah

Scimitar
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Bro Michael,

Jut as every saint has a past, every sinner has a future. :)

You will be in my dua (prayers) ... can you get a job to help pay back the debt you owe the shotters?

Scimi

michael83drebb
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
My deepest thanks for your dua's on my behalf.....Ya know what brother I wish it we're that simple but man's in DEEP.Like 6 bag deep with one and a couple bag to another and unfortunately no ones willing to wait that long. I even went and borrowed a bag from a shark to try bring it down and had to resort bk to old ways just to clear that and the interest (vicious cycle) but realistically short of finding some one who could afford to loan me that amount and get it bk bit by bit I'm stuck. And in this day and age even if someone could afford that no ones going to trust a stranger even if I am trying to be a proper muslim. I know I should put my full trust in Allah but it's hard. I'm to used to my 15 years of "road mentality" to find a strong faith even though I fully believe and unfortunately this is what happens when you corrupt your self so Insha'Allah this is a warning to anyone else not to slip from Allah's blessing into shaytans evil.

Scimitar
12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Bro, I used to grow it. Hydro, organic, name it. Sat with Arjan and Franco from GHSco - the worlds leading cannabis seed bank. Lived it... 4 DAM trips a year - all expenses paid. Toured the growing belt, and Switzerlands factories... attended over 10 HTCC's... been there, done that, using the t-shirt as a dirt rag.

My story is somewhat similar to yours bro. Except, on a much larger scale... can I ask, how you ended up in debt? I mean, you took a box (cost g-note) on trust, I take it... probably some cheese or haze, right?

Once you shotted it out, didn't you return the money? I mean...what happened? shotting is pretty straight forward.

Scimi

michael83drebb
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Brother I'm my own worst enemy. 1st my 4 bill a wk habit regardless of whether I had enough to cover, 2nd I hooked couple man up who disappeared, then there's rent and providing for my kids and when business was slow I used their paper as I couldn't wait for a re and leave all the bills. So again no 1 to blame but my self but again dunno what 2 do short of slipping bk :(

Scimitar
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Don't slip back... you found your way here, insha-Allah, we will try to go through some option with you.

And don't blaze anymore bro... at all. 4 bill a week is ridiculous to spend on green. I have to admit, when I was growing it, I would smoke a lot... but I made sure I was clean for atleast a few days of the week so my tolerance could recorrect itself.

Cannabis is not physically addictive. And it is remarkably easy to give up. After a few weeks, you won;t even think of it anymore if you have given up your blazing circle of friends.

There are so many better, cleaner, halal buzzes out here in the world bro. Like knowledge. Maintaining relations with good people. Attending lectures etc etc...

But we'll come to those later.

For now... your debt is a problem.

let's see if we can find some solutions insha-Allah.

Bro, do istikhara - your first point of protocol is to do istikhara. Do you know what this is?

michael83drebb
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I ain't smoked for a week bro although that doesn't sound like a long time it's the longest I've gone without in 15 years.. I will never touch it again and yes it was surprisingly easy. No I ain't ever heard of it bro?

michael83drebb
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Bye all. I'm leaving because I tried to inform you all of things I've found out and the moderaters won't allow me to post. Don't agree with hiding things from my brothers and sisters. Breakdacyclefreebuild is where you will find my info on line

michael83drebb
12-15-2012, 07:46 PM
I'd just like to take back what I said about the moderators hiding things from you. After getting a reply I've been made aware this isn't the case it's due to the fact they found my post un-provable and not in line with the their aim which is to teach us all the values of Islam. So although I feel my posts are fact they don't fall into that category. So my apologies for the outburst.

Scimitar
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
It's ok bro Michael.

Sorry for not replying to you earlier, I've been rather absent of this forum off late.

Well done for not smoking for a week bro :) that is the best thing... from here on, it just gets easier and easier. 15 yrs of green is something that will take a few months (at least) to get out of your system, and during that process, you will be awakening to new ideas, and self discoveries about your own "self".

same happened to me, and to other I know.

As for the debt issue, and news on that yet? I have to be honest and say that I haven't given it much thought (have flu atm) but I haven't forgotten about you bro Michael.

Scimi

michael83drebb
12-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Ah-salam-wa-laikum. That's cool brother Scimi my household got flu 2. That week will be 2 on monday Insha'Allah and I'm still very surprised that I've done this well al-hamdu'lillah, must be honest although I haven't craved it my temper is hard to keep at a calm and placid level but I'm trying to maintain it. The debts are still looming and again being honest I'm not sure of the outcome just yet but within next few days it'll come and bite me I'm sure. I MAY just may be able to apply for zakat as I think I fall into the category of it but not sure how long that'll take if I am, can try though and time is the one thing that I ain't got much of lol. Gotta laugh because I ain't the crying type. Again I brought it all on my self and suppose if nothing comes through I'll just have to lay in the bed I made. Anyway enough about my prob's How's your life bruv ? Ps anyone else reading this feel free to join us, we all 1 big family thanks to Allah SWT

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!