/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam this is a old story but it proves a point please give opinions ?

truthseeker63
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Controversial donation after 9/11
Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, Al Waleed gave a check of $10 million to New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He publicized a written statement upon his donation, stating "At times like this, we must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack. I believe the government of the United States of America should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stance toward the Palestinian cause." As a result of his statement, Giuliani returned the check.[15][16]

Al Waleed spoke to a Saudi weekly magazine, regarding the rejection of his check by the mayor: "The whole issue is that I spoke about their position [on the Middle East conflict] and they didn’t like it because there are Jewish pressures and they are afraid of them."[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Waleed_bin_Talal

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Logikon
12-14-2012, 02:53 AM
I heard this story at the time.

from the US perspective they read his comment as: "I don't agree with this action but agree with the sentiment."

The Americans were offended and returned the check.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!