/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

truthseeker63
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ? What if a Muslim Man or Woman can't get Married like they are viewed as Unattractive ? Or they are Disabled and not one will marry them ? Or if they are too poor since many people only want to marry people who are rich or make a lot of money ? What if a person has no sexual desires at all they are asexual ? Can Celibacy be halal in these cases ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celibacy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Sayyid Qutb never married. Anyone know any other Muslime like this in history or today ? I have talked to Muslims who no have desire to marry.

Though Islam gave him much peace and contentment,[16] he suffered from respiratory and other health problems throughout his life and was known for "his introvertedness, isolation, depression and concern." In appearance, he was "pale with sleepy eyes."[17] Qutb never married, in part because of his steadfast religious convictions. While the urban Egyptian society he lived in was becoming more Westernized, Qutb believed that 'the current ideas of the society and its prevalent traditions apply great pressure - back-breaking pressure, especially in the case of women; the Muslim woman is really under extreme and oppressive pressure'.[18] Qutb joked to his readers that he was never able to find a woman and had to reconcile himself to bachelorhood.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid_Qutb

Also is birth control only allowed in Islam for certain reasons what about Coitus interruptus is Coitus interruptus a form of birth control can Coitus interruptus only be used for health reasons is sex mostly used for procreation or procreation only not the feeling thank you ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio..._birth_control

Cabdullahi
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
You'll find it hard to celibate in the current climate we are in, unless your eyes are detached from their sockets and you lose your hearing.

truthseeker63
12-14-2012, 10:41 PM
I agree I can't stop liking Women no matter what age.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
12-15-2012, 03:07 AM
I believe that one may choose to not marry as long as he does not have the intention of being or appearing more righteous or holy because he can control his/her sexual urges like monks who seclude themselves in monasteries away from society.

Perseveranze
12-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

From what I remember, scholars like Imam Nawawi (ra), Ibn Taymiyyah (ra), Said Nursi (ra), Tabari (ra) didn't get married. But these scholars were giants, who were so engrossed in seeking knowledge that they probably just didn't have time for it.

Some Prophets didn't get married either;

Marriage is important though, and you really should try to get married. If you don't, it's not exactly considered haraam, but if you have temptations (ie. when you look at women), then you really should get married to avoid falling into any major sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!