/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at a Primary School in the US

tw009
12-14-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

As many as 27 people have been killed, including many children, in a shooting attack at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut, US media say.

At least 18 children are among the dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, the Associated Press reported.

State police spokesman Paul Vance said the gunman died at the scene - but would not confirm the number of deaths.

If confirmed, Newtown would be the second-deadliest US shooting, after 32 people died at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Friday's shooting is the third major shooting in the US in 2012.

In July attack that killed 12 people at a premiere of a Batman film in Aurora, Colorado. In August six people died at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.
Children's 'eyes covered'

Governor Dannel Malloy is meeting the families of the victims, a spokesman said, and is expected to visit the school later in the day.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters that US President Barack Obama had been informed of the incident and was receiving regular updates.

Sandy Hook School - described by correspondents as a highly rated school has more than 600 students in classes from Kindergarten to 4th Grade - spanning the ages five to 10.

Police arrived at the school soon after 09:40 local time (14:40 GMT), answering reports that a gunman was in the school's main office and one person had "numerous gunshot wounds".

Scores of officers at the scene carried out a full search of the site. Classes were cancelled as the situation developed.

Schools across the district were immediately on lock-down as a preventive measure, officials said.

The shooter has been described as a man in his 20s, dressed in black, with links to the school, a law enforcement official has told the Associated Press.

The official said the gunman used a .223-calibre rifle during the attack, adding that police in the state of New Jersey are investigating a location there in connection to the shooting.

With the death toll rising, it emerged that one entire classroom of students may remain unaccounted for, local sources reported.

Three other people were taken to hospital and are reported to be in "very serious condition", Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton told CNN.

One witness speaking to CNN said that shots were heard coming from the hall. There "must have been 100 rounds" fired, she told the channel.

Local media have reported that firefighters instructed children to close their eyes and run past the school's office as they exited the building.

Other sources suggest that some of the shots were fired in a school classroom.

There were early unconfirmed reports of two shooters, but no further details of a second gunman mentioned by police.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-14-2012, 08:33 PM
A heavily armed man invaded a Newtown, Conn., elementary school today, killing his mother and 26 others, mostly children, federal and state sources tell ABC News.
The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, of New Jersey, was killed inside of the school.
In addition to the casualties at the school, a dead body was also found in his home, officials said. Sources said Lanza was armed with four weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest when he opened fire in the elementary school.
Among the dead was the gunman's mother, found in the school, sources told ABC News.
"The shooter is deceased inside the building," Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance said at a news conference. "The public is not in danger."
Authorities initially believed that there were two gunmen and were searching cars around the school.
First grade teacher Kaitlin Roig, 29, locked her 14 students in a classroom bathroom and listened to "tons of shooting" until police came to help.
"It was horrific," Roig said. "I thought we were going to die."
She said that the terrified kids were saying, "I just want Christmas…I don't want to die. I just want to have Christmas."
The massacre prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.
President Obama was briefed on the shooting by FBI Director Robert Mueller.
It's unclear how many people have been shot, but 27 people, mostly children, are dead, multiple federal and state sources tell ABC News. That number could rise, officials said.

It is the second worst mass shooting in U.S. history, exceeded only by the Virginia Tech shooting in 2007 when 32 were killed before the shooter turned the gun on himself. Today's carnage exceeds the 1999 Columbine High School shooting in which 13 died and 24 were injured.
The Newtown shooting comes three days after masked gunman Jacob Roberts opened fire in a busy Oregon mall, killing two before turning the gun on himself.
Today's shooting occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, which includes 450 students in grades K-4. The town is located about 12 miles east of Danbury.
State Police received the first 911 call at 9:41 a.m. and immediately began sending emergency units from the western part of the state. Initial 911 calls stated that multiple students were trapped in a classroom, possibly with a gunman, according to a Connecticut State Police source.
Vance said that on-duty and off-duty officers swarmed to the school and quickly checked "every door, every crack, every crevice" in the building looking for the gunman and evacuating children.
A photo from the scene shows a line of distressed children being led out of the school.
Three patients have been taken to Danbury Hospital, which is also on lockdown, according to the hospital's Facebook page.
"Out of abundance of caution and not because of any direct threat Danbury Hospital is under lockdown," the statement said. "This allows us simply to focus on the important work at hand."
Newtown Public School District secretary of superintendent Kathy June said in a statement that the district's schools were locked down because of the report of a shooting. "The district is taking preventive measures by putting all schools in lockdown until we ensure the safety of all students and staff," she said.
State police sent SWAT team units to Newtown.
All public and private schools in the town were on lockdown.
"We have increased our police presence at all Danbury Public Schools due to the events in Newtown. Pray for the victims," Newtown Mayor Boughton tweeted.
State emergency management officials said ambulances and other units were also en route and staging near the school.
A message on the school district website says that all afternoon kindergarten is cancelled today and there will be no midday bus runs.

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-s...opstories.html

aamirsaab
12-14-2012, 09:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those affected by this heinous and despicable crime.

جوري
12-14-2012, 10:12 PM
This is pretty bad.. I am just struck by how many of these vile acts of people going postal we're experiencing of late.. just a week or so ago a crazy man pushed this poor Korean guy down the train, someone snapped a picture of him as he was about to die no one helped him. crazy loon opens gunfire at shoppers in the mall, another crazy one shoots at theater goers watching a batman movie, another crazy man in NY targeting middle easterners .. honestly it is all too much.. so much senseless killing every where..imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Independent
12-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Those kids saying they 'just want to have Christmas' is painful to read.

YusufNoor
12-14-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/038352_sc..._cover-up.html

LauraS
12-15-2012, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Seriously? We're turning this into another conspiracy thread instead of just paying respect to those poor innocent children and teachers who were murdered?
What's really more likely, that this was government mind control or a psycho who has taken advantage of America's lax gun laws?

Terrible terrible thing, my heart goes out to those families.

I just can't imagine (nor do I want to) what would possess someone to do that. You want to take your own life but why take it out on little children? That's the horrible thing too, there will be no answers because the coward is gone. He can't face justice or face the families.

YusufNoor
12-15-2012, 01:39 AM
:sl:

no, i just posted that. i didn't say anything. there are no words for happened.

history IS rewritten the moment it happens. what we see becomes what we saw. i agree that was quick, but i check different sites.

it's a tragedy no matter what.

YusufNoor
12-15-2012, 01:40 AM

no, i just posted that. i didn't say anything. there are no words for happened.

history IS rewritten the moment it happens. what we see becomes what we saw. i agree that was quick, but i check different sites.

it's a tragedy no matter what.

crimsontide06
12-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Please change the thread title...the guy was Adam lanza...ryan, his brother, was not the shooter...seems the brother had the guys ID on him..maybe on purpose? That's what I see on the news

glo
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I heard a criminal psychologist (didn't catch his name, unfortunately), who stressed that the ongoing international media coverage of such tragedies only increases the likelihood of other similar events happening in the future.

Because the events get hyped up and the perpetrator gets so much media attention (even after death), others might fancy getting similar attention.

His advice was to keep the media attention as low as possible, to keep it local, to make the story as 'boring' as possible and to barely give the perpetrator any mention!

Cabdullahi
12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
How about help the youth with their problems...so they do not lose it and kill.

Jedi_Mindset
12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
US a collapsing society with alot of people becoming depressed, stressed and crazy.

The youth get incluenced by war movies and games like Call of duty and battlefield. Making them more aggresive and more wanting to become a ''soldier''. And they will get send to iraq, afghanistan, somalia to shoot everyone there and to shoot ''ragheads''. In these games u also get teached how to steer a predator rocket from a drone. US military is considering to use these gamers to steer drones in afghanistan, pakistan or yemen.

The people rights to have guns doesnt have to do with this. Everyone who wants to shoot someone will find a gun, legally or not.

Its really the psychological mess the people are in, the US is the testing ground for this zionist elite. Not that europe is better, but the current crisis is only limited to a few european countries.

Last year a 24 year old guy here killed 6 people and injured 17 when he suddenly started to shoot in a shopping mall with a rifle.

I blame the western scoiety for this, there isnt a other reason to think about.

yas2010
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
ASA/Peace,

As a mother of children of elementary/primary school age, my heart goes out to those affected by this awful crime.
May Allah (swt)) shower his mercy upon us all.

islamica
12-15-2012, 04:08 PM
People are asking a question nobody knows the answer to: "WHY?"

"I swear by He in Whose Hands is my Soul! The world will not pass until the people face a time when the killer does not know why he killed, and the victim does not know why he was killed." -Sahih Muslim

Jedi_Mindset
12-15-2012, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
People are asking a question nobody knows the answer to: "WHY?"

"I swear by He in Whose Hands is my Soul! The world will not pass until the people face a time when the killer does not know why he killed, and the victim does not know why he was killed." -Sahih Muslim
Sis i would like to have the hadith number and volume, if you have jazaak'Allah khair

introspective
12-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Anything can go wrong in this world and one can only hope that unfortunate events do not fall on them. May be these shooters were fed up by the decadence in today's society.

But the alarming fact is that the Aurora and Newtown shooters are the same age as me. I'm wondering to myself if I have the same propensity to express my anger through these acts of violence.

GuestFellow
12-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I think the person responsible wanted some attention. They should not display these kinds of stories to the entire world. Keep it local. This topic in my opinion should be closed as we are giving it too much attention (my last post).

Insaanah
12-15-2012, 04:29 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Sis i would like to have the hadith number and volume, if you have jazaak'Allah khair
وَحَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي عُمَرَ الْمَكِّيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا مَرْوَانُ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ كَيْسَانَ - عَنْ أَبِي حَازِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَيَأْتِيَنَّ عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ لاَ يَدْرِي الْقَاتِلُ فِي أَىِّ شَىْءٍ قَتَلَ وَلاَ يَدْرِي الْمَقْتُولُ عَلَى أَىِّ شَىْءٍ قُتِلَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
By Him in Whose Hand is my life, a time would come when the murderer would not know why he has committed the murder, and the victim would not know why he has been killed.

Sahih Muslim > The Book Pertaining to the Turmoil and Portents of the Last Hour (Kitab Al-Fitan wa Ashrat As-Sa`ah) - كتاب الفتن وأشراط الساعة

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 41, Hadith 6949
Arabic reference : Book 55, Hadith 7487

http://www.sunnah.com/urn/269490

MustafaMc
12-15-2012, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
The youth get incluenced by war movies and games like Call of duty and battlefield. Making them more aggresive and more wanting to become a ''soldier''.
You are exactly correct. By the way the .223 caliber rifle used was most likely an AR-15 which is a civilian version of the M-16 used by the US Army during the Vietnam War. I fear that this is just a foretaste of the widespread killing before the Last Day.

Jedi_Mindset
12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
You are exactly correct. By the way the .223 caliber rifle used was most likely an AR-15 which is a civilian version of the M-16 used by the US Army during the Vietnam War. I fear that this is just a foretaste of the widespread killing before the Last Day.
Its MK-ultra bro, on a higher level, people are being programmed to think what the Banker elites want them to think. The US army wants more people in their army, so they program this generation through video games like Black Ops 2 or modern warfare 3.
US in particular is being used for a crusade against islam which suits the zionist/khazarian elitist agenda. This could quickly move on to a war with russia or china, because their interests in middle east is in danger as well, this ofcourse is all planned out. The current deployment of patriot missles in turkey is not to safe the syrian people from Assad, they want to remove Assad while at the same time prevent an islamic government for coming into power, this ofcourse will involve iran&russia. Russia has a base in syria and has deployed S-400 missles near turkey.

Anyway thats not the topic.

The US society as i stated is collapsing on a fast level, the people have been dumbed down and their emotions have been attacked, the current recession has made alot of people depressed.

Now i dont want to talk about theories here but the CIA have been involved to program minds(Mk-ultra) of killers before they started their carnage. This has been in the past, today the people's mind have already been programmed to be a killer, especially the younger generations. look at the ones who commited those massacres. They're not more than below their 30's.

CIA has also been involved in arming the mexican drugs cartels who commit massacres every day.

In my class for example u only hear talks about Black ops 2, and how they shot someone ''beastly''. I have to admit i have this game, and sometimes when i play it my behaviour changes and i become more aggresive. I have decided not to play anymore or very less.

May Allah protect me from the great fitnah and evil. Ameen

Scimitar
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
can't believe your only 17 yrs old bro... that was class!!! Thumbs up. :) Masha-Allah

Scimi

MustafaMc
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
can't believe your only 17 yrs old bro... that was class!!! Thumbs up. :) Masha-Allah

Scimi
You can't be serious. No way is he only 17.^o)

truthseeker63
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
In my view what causes this violence is that people feel Alienation from society a lack of identity and a lack of meaning to live.

Alienation makes the person despise society. He vents his hatred on the
barren wasteland of materialism. Materialism is needed in order to fulfil bodily
and mental necessities (the need for food, shelter, relaxation, recreation,
etc), and it does no harm so long as a higher reality is being aimed at. But
when society sees only materialism as the goal in life, and nothing beyond it,
then that society becomes a living death.

http://www.discover-your-mind.co.uk/3-alienation.htm

Scimitar
12-15-2012, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
You can't be serious. No way is he only 17.^o)
He's also 6foot 4inches in height bro...

And still has time to grow, both in heart, mind and body, Alhamdulillah.

:)

Scimi

glo
12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
I found this elsewhere on the web:

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

LauraS
12-17-2012, 03:07 PM
^^Good point Glo. There was an article with photographs of the children killed but I couldn't look at it, I found it too hard. I honestly cannot imagine the pain of the parents and so close to Christmas too and what about psychological impact on the surviving children? I find the whole thing very hard to comprehend. Although clearly the gun issue needs to be discussed. I don't get it, I and everyone I know have never owned a gun in our whole lives and is hasn't been an issue so why do Americans feel that to not own one would cause a huge crisis? Why are Americans rushing out to buy guns in case the law changes? Why do they need guns?

And to the people trying to use this thread for more anti-American government rants- think about the poor victims rather than how this can be used to fuel more conspiracy theories. It makes me sick.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!