/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it halal or haram if a Man wants to buy/sell a Wife?

truthseeker63
12-19-2012, 08:43 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is is it halal or haram if a Man wants to buy a Wife ? What if a Man wants to sell his Wife ? Also in America I have met Men who buy Wives by mail order bride as it is offen called is this halal ? By the way I am not talking about the Prostitution in Ian an Mutah Marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride-buying

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_selling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_marriages

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
12-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Thank you to all for replying.

Signor
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Before I or anyone answers your questions,tell me:

Why you are using this nick "truthseeker"?What does this means to you?

If you are a revert then for how long you've been a Muslim?

If you are born Muslim then Do you read books?

Akhee,The thing is there are more questions I've to you because what you are questioning is nothingness.The more deeper you gets into these matters,the more sophisticated and entangled you will feel Islam is(which is certainly not).We don't need to know those matters which doesn't have anything to do with our day to day coming and goings or those problems which we don't face in real world.Delving deep into matters of Shariah never benefited anyone.Even Sahabah refrain themselves from unnecessary questioning to Prophet(PBUH).I encourage questioning but question always aims to get some benefit,Instead of query after query which can leave you more confuse.

Assalamu Alaikum

truthseeker63
12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Im a revert look at my pic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
:wa:

bro , why are u asking these questions ? Did u find any related Ayat in Quran or authentic Hadith that makes u interested to know about this matter ?

Muhaba
12-19-2012, 03:44 PM
There is a hadith about the punishment for selling a free humanbeing/free Muslim. i don't remember its exact words but the sin is terrible. i think it's one of those that wipe out all of a person's good deeds. If anyone can find it and post it, it would be good.

a wife is not a man's property so he can't sell her. he can only divorce her if he no longer wants to be married to her. If a man dies, a woman is not inherited by his relatives. She is free to do as she likes, remarry or remain unmarried, it's up to her. She inherits a portion of her husband's property and also has a right in the property of her relatives so if any of them dies, the woman has a share in inheritance. Whatever property she owns or gets (as gift or through inheritance or earnings) they belong to her and noone can take them from her. She is free to use or spend as she likes. Islam gives a woman considerable rights. There is also a verse in Surah Al-Nisa specifically telling people that they are not allowed to inherit women.

Can a man buy a wife? In the past men could get slave girls who were prisoner-of-war and they had the right to have marital relations with them. The man could then marry that slave-girl and then she would be his wife and a free woman. However, there is no such thing as buying a wife. There is no such thing as buying a free woman. free women have to be married to the man to become his wife.

Ramadan90
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
No offence, but what kind of questions are that?:ermm::ermm:

Darth Ultor
12-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not even Muslim and I can tell you it's forbidden.

YusufNoor
12-19-2012, 05:31 PM
:sl:

Akhi, it your sins that you will be asked about on Judgment Day. THIS should concern you. THIS should be what you concentrate on.
can you fully pray in Arabic?
do you know some hadith and dua?
do you regularly attend the Masjid?
are YOU doing anything that is haram?

work on that stuff and quit seeking needless, useless information that is of little or no benefit to you!

ma salaama

Cabdullahi
12-19-2012, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Are Muslims allowed to name their Male Children Muhammad can Muslim Men have this ?
The question of the century.

truthseeker63
12-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok Im sorry to ask questions that seem to be making people here angry.

YusufNoor
12-19-2012, 11:02 PM

don't misunderstand akhi. there are good questions. there are useful questions.

maybe you live somewhere that is lacking in a Muslim population. maybe, therefore, you spend your time online. maybe you are trying to make dawah on unfriendly sites.

what is better is for you to learn your din. it will make things easier for you, in shaa Allah.

go to this site, listen to the following discs. it is a 28 part lecture series on Al Fatihah done in a classroom. it is of great benefit for a revert.

disc 1 intro and place of Al Fatihah

disc 2 explains bismiAllah

disc 4 explains Alhamdulillah (this one rocks. learn this and you will have something to teach others.)

disc 9 and 10 explain "You Alone we worship"

disc 11 and 12 completes ^^^ and continues with "You alone we seek help"

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

this is a very good use of your time. try it, "you might like it"

it is better to learn and teach what Islam is, than what it isn't.

ma salaama

truthseeker63
12-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Thank You.

YusufNoor
12-20-2012, 02:40 AM

you are welcome akhi. you have to remember that some of the people who you will be up against in other forums have hated Islam for years. they have an arsenal of crap bigger than you can imagine. they KNOW to make you waste time. they are not interested in learning about Islam. they enjoy and savor every rotten thing that they post. they are wolves. more than likely, you are just wasting your time. ans Allahu Alam.

may Allah reward you for your intentions and your efforts.

i am not down at you, i am not mad at you. i am simply trying to point you in a direction that will help you learn your din. THAT will make it easier for you to discuss Islam. deconstructing other religions doesn't mean that someone can or will accept Islam. they can only accept Islam is if you can explain some key fundamental concepts. you BEGIN with tawhid. you can learn alot from Sh Jamaal Zarabozo. in my local area, i help born Muslims to understand this stuff in English. IF you know this stuff, you can engage in much more valuable dialogues!

ma salaama

Perseveranze
12-20-2012, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Ok Im sorry to ask questions that seem to be making people here angry.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Ignore them, ask your questions inash'allah someone will answer.

YusufNoor
12-20-2012, 05:50 AM

here is a great video by Mufti Menk, again the discussion is al Fatihah. notice how he explains some misconceptions about Islam in doing his lecture. if you combine this with Sh Zarabozo, and use the manners of the Mufti, you will be able to speak with others around you about Islam.

i pointed out in another thread, i had picked up a client who had an ornery caregiver with her. she was upset that i an Muslim. using this lecture and the disc on Alhamdulillah together, i gave her a 40 minute pointer on what Islam really is. if you understand and can explain Alhamdulillahi Raabil Alamin, using the Mufti's definition of Raabil alamin, it can lead to no other conclusion than we worship the One True God because no one else can fit the bill. then explain that the Kaabah is only the direction of prayer, and the difference between salaat and dua, you will have painted a very full picture of Islam. in this case, she knew not one single thing that i told her. she understood the we are monotheists are we worship the One True God, and ONLY Him. it was alot easier than trying to explain a trinity. there is simply no room for misunderstanding.

we are not responsible for what other believe. we can only deliver the Message of Islam!

ma salaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!