/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Nourishment Original Strawberry halal

User29123
12-20-2012, 08:40 PM
As the title says is the drink halal cause it says not suitable for vegetarians but I don't see what meat they put it I think it is something like E120 Vegetable fat.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
:sl:

From their website:

9. Is Nurishment suitable for vegetarians?
However, Nurishment Strawberry, Raspberry & Cherry are unsuitable due to the red colour E120 - Cochineal.
Cochineal is made from a variety of red insect.

http://www.nurishment.co.uk/page/83/...-Questions.htm

User29123
12-20-2012, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

From their website:

Cochineal is made from a variety of red insect.

http://www.nurishment.co.uk/page/83/...-Questions.htm
So what does that mean lol?

Insaanah
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
So what does that mean lol?
It's not halal for us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
12-20-2012, 09:23 PM

Edible Insects: Cochineal Beetle

Posted on March 29, 2012

A recent article at ABC brings home another fascinating use for edible insects. In the article, Starbucks gives it’s reasoning for adding Cochineal Beetle “extract” to one of it’s beverages:

“In what the company, in a statement, says was a move intended to reduce its use of artificial ingredients, Starbucks has started using cochineal extract to supply its Frappuccinos’ strawberry hue……..

Before you get all cold-and-bothered about your insect-Frappuccino, be advised: Cochineal is considered safe by the FDA, and is widely used for coloration in jams, preserves, meat, marinades, alcoholic drinks, bakery products, cookies, cheddar cheese and many other food products.

It has been found by the World Health Organization, however, to cause asthma in some people, and in some others an allergic reaction.”

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...ed-by-insects/

_Y168
12-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Also look out for the words Carmine and Carminic Acid. They are both also 7araam.

E471 should also not be consumed if there is no vegetarian sign, as it could have an Animal Carrier. And there are many more doubtful E Numbers.

YusufNoor
12-20-2012, 10:50 PM

i don't even understand the question. i see, "hey, there's some crap i want to drink. is it halal?"
i think, "you understand it is crap, right?"
ooooh, but it tastes so good, you might say.
but it's...crap...
there is a marvelous and wondrous drink water. Allah made it;
it is good FOR YOU.
you are practically made of it.
you NEED IT.
you are not born needing...crap.
you know what tastes soooo good?
well, water actually,but...
many haram things taste great!
but we don't need them.
your body is like a fine tuned machine.
it works better if you put the stuff in it that you are supposed to.
tired of water?
have a cup of tea.
try putting some chocolate ice cream in your gas tank.
sounds pretty dumb, right?
why feed your car with more care than your body?
ever stick a banana in a USB port?
NO, why?
cuz it'll screw it up.
odds are, "if you have to ask"
you probably don't need it.
look for FOOD in your food,
not chemicals and preservatives.
but that is just an old dude,
shaking his head :heated:

masalaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!