12-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Assalamu-alaikum my brothers and sisters,

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When a man dies, his good deeds come to an end except three:
1. ongoing charity,
2. beneficial knowledge and
3. a righteous son who will pray for him.”
Narrated by Muslim, 3084.

Ibn Maajah (224) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The good deeds that will reach a believer after his death are:
1. knowledge which he learned and then spread;
2. a righteous son whom he leaves behind;
3. a copy of the Qur’aan that he leaves as a legacy;
4. a mosque that he built;
5. a house that he built for wayfarers;
6. a canal that he dug;
7. or charity that he gave during his lifetime when he was in good health.

These deeds will reach him after his death.”
Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Now look into your own lives and ask yourself, if today was my last day on this dunya, what I have done thus far, that will serve as a means of ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah)?

And if we have not done so as yet, do we have any intentions and plans in this regard?

I am sure that we all would want to leave something behind, that will continue to reap rewards for us in the aakhirah - even after we have long gone, and when we may just be a distant memory for those on earth...

We may not be blessed with children/ sons.
We may not have wealth or the means to leave behind constructions for the benefit of our ummah.

But yet, these ahadith apply to us ALL.

Share some of your ideas as to how we can establish sadaqah jaariyah - in any way, irrespective of how small it may appear.

Who knows, just your suggestion may be the means of inspiring some one else to act on it......and thereby, insha Allah, you will receive the full rewards of it, without lessening that of the person who performed the good deed. SubhanAllah.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts insha Allah!

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!