/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The World's First Invisibility Cloak Conceals from All Angles -also caught on tape

Ibn Masud
12-22-2012, 12:51 AM
assalamu alaikum

The World's First 3D, Free-Standing Invisibility Cloak Conceals from All Angles

Military //

The search for the perfect invisibility cloak lumbers onward, but that lumbering is starting to pick up speed. We're hearing more and more these days about metamaterials, the possibilities of time cloaking, and other such future-stuff. And today, from deep in the heart of Texas, we get another tantalising finding: UT researchers have, for the first time, cloaked a three-dimensional object in free space. That is, no matter the angle of observation, the object was rendered invisible in 3D.

So that's pretty huge. What we generally hear about when we hear about invisibility is some new trick with metamaterials that allows for cloaking in two-dimensions by bending light around some tiny object. This means that from a single side, the object is concealed. Take a walk around the object, and it reappears. Less like a cloak, more like an invisibility curtain.

The UT team used a different method, known as plasmonic cloaking, to conceal an 18-centimetre cylinder from every direction. This is true "cloaking," as the plasmonic material is actually coated onto the object to be concealed. These plasmonic materials work by doing the opposite of what normal materials do: reflecting light. When you see an object, it's because light is bouncing off of it and striking your eyes, which send that info on to the brain for processing. Plasmonic materials scatter light instead, producing what is essentially transparency from all angles of observation.

Ready for the attached strings? This has only been demonstrated with microwaves. In the visible range, the cylinder is still plenty visible. But the UT Austin team thinks that making this work in the visible spectrum isn't outside the realm of possibility. And if they can pull that off, you'll know it because it will be leading the news here. In previous studies the team has shown that its plasmonic coating can cloak any object regardless of shape or symmetry. If they can sort this out in visible light, we may someday be able render just about anything invisible.

source; Popular science.

-----------------------------

INVISIBLE soldier caught on video

Do a search on youtube for "INVISIBLE soldier caught on video" you will find the mujahideen have cought one on video during one of there road side attacks on a tank, he gets out of the tank and gets back in. [i cant post links yet].

-----------------------------

A Canadian company says it has made a camouflage material that makes its wearer invisible.

Invisibility cloak

Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corp, a Canadian camouflage design company, claims the technology, called Quantum Stealth, works by bending light waves around the wearer.

"The material removes not only your visual, infrared (night vision) and thermal signatures but also the target's shadow," Hyperstealth president and CEO Guy Cramer said in a statement on the company's website.

Mr Cramer said he could not reveal how the material bent light or show photos of it working "for reasons of security".

Photos published on the website that are described as a "mock up" show a woman lying on grass draped in a material that looks exactly like the grass around her.

Mr Cramer said the US military and two Canadian military groups had tested the material and could vouch for it working "without batteries, lights or mirrors".

He also claimed to be working with the US military to develop the technology further.

But don't put one on your Christmas list just yet.

Mr Cramer said he did not expect the material would be made available for sale to the public.

"Not in the near future unless the military decided to release the technology and I don't anticipate that will happen anytime soon," he said.

Sources: Hyperstealth, CNN.

Read Mr Cramer's full explanation of the material and its development at hyperstealth dot com/Quantum-Stealth/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Urban Turban
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
If true I'd still say all this is just plain showoff, all of their tech put together hasn't made them win the war.
Lesson: Stop getting awestruck by the enemy.

جوري
12-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I believe I read once that when Khalid Ibn Ilwaleed & his army were facing a huge number of the Roman army, he told them to cast their eyes (not to be overwhelmed) & remember Allah :swt: in their hearts... indeed victory is from Allah :swt: not from the latest technology!

:w:

ardianto
12-28-2012, 03:44 PM

I hope it's effective enough to fight Invisible Cloak.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
There was an article about this about 2 or 3 months ago on the Guardian news. I'll dig it up.

Endymion
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I believe I read once that when Khalid Ibn Ilwaleed & his army were facing a huge number of the Roman army, he told them to cast their eyes (not to be overwhelmed) & remember Allah :swt: in their hearts... indeed victory is from Allah :swt: not from the latest technology!

:w:
O Prophet, sufficient for you is Allah and for whoever follows you of the believers.
O Prophet, urge the believers to battle. If there are among you twenty [who are] steadfast, they will overcome two hundred. And if there are among you one hundred [who are] steadfast, they will overcome a thousand of those who have disbelieved because they are a people who do not understand.
8:64-65.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!