/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please please please Help

aliISverynice
12-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Dear all I have recently been having 2 major MAJOR problems as we speak I would take kindly to any help from others.
The first and most major is that on social networking sites I have recently been seeing images meant to be comedic and wiil invovle the phrase "mothe* of god" I sometimes think of this by accident and recently i have been so scared i maybe committing shirk. I only believe in the one and only Allah the most merciful and nothing physical be associated with him but by mistake sometimes i think these things and the really scare me. Am i commiting shirk
Thanks,
A

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-22-2012, 03:31 PM
:sl:

I do not really understand what you mean bro. Did you see image which contains word that related to shirk?, or you were accidentally saying a word that related to shirk when you saw that image?

aliISverynice
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

I do not really understand what you mean bro. Did you see image which contains word that related to shirk?, or you were accidentally saying a word that related to shirk when you saw that image?
Both but always on accident and never intentionally or thoughtfully

ardianto
12-23-2012, 02:27 AM
In the past I was affected by Hollywood movies. So, when I got shocked, instead of said "Astaghfirullah Hal Adzim", I said "Ooohh! Sh*t!".

But then I tried to clean up my mind from rude words and accustom myself to say Islamic word such as "Subhan Allah", "Allahu Akbar".

Okay bro, train yourself to say Islamic words. When you see or hear something that impress you, say "Subhan Allah", when you see or hear something that makes you happy, say "Alhamdulillah", when you see or hear something wrong, say "Astaghfirullah Hal Adzim". Insha Allah, it will clean up your mind from inappropriate words and train your reflex to say "Astaghfirullah Hal Adzim" when you get shocked.

About your question, did you commit shirk?. Mistake that happen unintentionally or accidentally is not a sin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aliISverynice
Dear all I have recently been having 2 major MAJOR problems as we speak I would take kindly to any help from others.
The first and most major is that on social networking sites I have recently been seeing images meant to be comedic and wiil invovle the phrase "mothe* of god" I sometimes think of this by accident and recently i have been so scared i maybe committing shirk. I only believe in the one and only Allah the most merciful and nothing physical be associated with him but by mistake sometimes i think these things and the really scare me. Am i commiting shirk
Thanks,
A

Assalamu-alaikum,

The first and most major is that on social networking sites....
It is our duty to protect our senses from whatever can poison our hearts and minds (to the best of our ability).

And in todays times, when it is becoming increasingly difficult to control what our eyes may view (e.g. pop-up advertising that promotes zina and shirk) and what our ears may hear (e.g. going to malls/ shops that engulf you in music, etc) - we need to make even more of an effort.

So, if you have recognised such a problem on 'social networking sites' - apart from many other problems that exist on these platforms, then perhaps the first thing you can do is to stay away from these sites.
There is good in many forms of technology......but, when used in the wrong way, or when it is causing harm to our imaans - then, it is for US to say: my Islam is more important, and it is time to let it go.

This is an individual choice.....there are many muslims who are able to use these mediums for good, and the benefit of Islam - e.g. dawah.
However, the majority of us (and we need to be honest with ourselves here) - do not possess that level of imaan where we can adequately ward off the many fitnahs that these sites offer us.
From personal experience, I recently closed my FB account - because I realised that it was causing me more harm than good. Alhamdulillah.

Remember, whatever draws your remembrance away from Allah, and towards this dunya - should be left behind us.

We have an average of ~60+ years on this earth - it is a small 'sacrifice' to make (in fact, if we consider the great bounties that Allah has promised us, when we do anything for His pleasure - then it is not even a sacrifice).

The fact that these thoughts are involuntarily entering your mind, could mean that perhaps you are spending too much time on these social sites - such that, it has found a home in your subconscious mind.

Or this is a whisphering of Shaytaan - to make you doubt your imaan and yourself.

Either way, insha Allah, try to occupy yourself with acts that will bring you closer to Allah - read Quraan, engage in much Zikr, read islamic books, listen to lectures, get involved in dawah/ charities, etc.

Insha Allah, this alone may be the cure to your problems.

And Allah (subhanawata'la) holds the cure to all - so turn to HIM, and seek refuge in all that afflicts you from Him.

:wa:

Innocent Soul
12-23-2012, 03:22 AM
As already bro ardianto said its not that we don't do mistakes at all sometimes its important for us to know how sins can make you feel low and guilty. Allah wanted you to turn to him and ask forgiveness you just need to be persistant and defeat shaitan by not doing what he wants you to do.

Unless you repent, make amends, and declare the truth. I will certainly accept their repentance. — Qur'an, sura 2, ayat 160

Ask your Lord for forgiveness, then turn back to Him.
— Qur'an, sura 11, ayat 3

aliISverynice
12-23-2012, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
As already bro ardianto said its not that we don't do mistakes at all sometimes its important for us to know how sins can make you feel low and guilty. Allah wanted you to turn to him and ask forgiveness you just need to be persistant and defeat shaitan by not doing what he wants you to do.

Unless you repent, make amends, and declare the truth. I will certainly accept their repentance. — Qur'an, sura 2, ayat 160

Ask your Lord for forgiveness, then turn back to Him.
— Qur'an, sura 11, ayat 3
Thank you very much For all the support innocent soul and Zaria
I have repented and made some forgivness duas that i have found on *********
I feel much better now

aliISverynice
12-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Thank you very much For all the support innocent soul and Zaria
I have repented and made some forgivness duas that i have found on *********
I feel much better now
I don't know why it blocked out Duas(dot)org

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!