/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Constitution Unofficially Passes Referendum

Sethi
12-23-2012, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Jazeera
Al Jazeera's Mike Hanna, reporting from Cairo, said that early indications are the that the draft constitution will be approved.
"It appears at the moment that in the region of 68 percent of voters have approved the draft constitution, some 32 percent have voted against," said Hanna, adding that only 35 percent of Egypt's roughly 50 million eligible voters turned out for the poll.
The referendum committee may not declare official poll results until Monday, after hearing appeals.
Best of luck to Egypt. I hope the opposition participates in the parliamentary elections in two months, and doesn't boycott. I hope the Freedom and Justice Party rules wisely, as I suspect they will be able to get a majority in parliament as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Not quite the same sentiments as your fellow Americans - very refreshing.

Perseveranze
12-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Doesn't matter if 50 million or a 100 million turned up to vote, the results would be the same.

جوري
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
sadly he put alot of corrupt people in the council of shura under duress and threatning not to pick 'Islamists' he put on the shura council, wh0res and actresses and losers and that's not the way to go. Mursi has got to stop being soft out of fear perhaps that they'll say the 'Islamists' are dictators.. we've backed him and now he has to have a bit of an iron grip :ia:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Doesn't matter if 50 million or a 100 million turned up to vote, the results would be the same.
That's very true.. there are 11 members from my family who didn't get to vote who would have voted with yes.. only my mom was able to and we're glad of it.. so yeah they can say 1/3 of those eligible voted but it doesn't change the outcome any.. I suspect in fact it would have been more favorable!

:w:

Sethi
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
Not quite the same sentiments as your fellow Americans - very refreshing.
Thank you, I find it quite offensive that many Americans equate the Muslim Brotherhood with terrorism, for no real reason whatsoever. I would like to see a successful Islamic party in a successful democracy, to demonstrate that the two are not incompatible. I am glad for the help that Egypt gave in negotiating a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in the recent conflict, and think this shows that they can be a voice for peace in the region.

Good brother
12-23-2012, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
sadly he put alot of corrupt people in the council of shura under duress and threatning not to pick 'Islamists' he put on the shura council, wh0res and actresses and losers and that's not the way to go. Mursi has got to stop being soft out of fear perhaps that they'll say the 'Islamists' are dictators.. we've backed him and now he has to have a bit of an iron grip :ia:
Any evidence !!

جوري
12-23-2012, 11:47 PM
you speak Arabic?

here you go:

http://www.almokhtsar.com/node/97220

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!