PDA

View Full Version : Advice on File Conversions

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Please help,

I have downloaded a 'TVD File'.

What program can I use to open it?

The programme that is suggested is 'Freefileviewer' - but this does not work.

Any suggestions?

JazakAllahu khair,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
12-23-2012, 04:35 AM
http://file.downloadatoz.com/tvd-file-extension/

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow
JazakAllahu khair,

Im not sure if Im doing something wrong (which is highly possible!).......Ive tried all 3 'Recommended Software' for Windows, but the download doesnt occur or it takes me to a Chinese website :/
My anti-virus just dodged a threat as well :/

Ive tried to google 'TVD download'/ software - but end up with 'The Vampire Diaries', lol.

Help?

marwen
12-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Have you tried VLC Player ? I dunno if it helps, but VLC can read many file extensions, it could work.

http://www.videolan.org/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 07:10 AM
^ Shukran, gonna give it a try now.... Ive got reeeally slow internet connection at the moment - hope this works insha Allah!

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 07:21 AM
^ Ive just downloaded VLC Player:

No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.
Now what?
:''''''(

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 07:26 AM
What are 'BNL' files? :/

marwen
12-23-2012, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.
Sorry for that. I did a small search and found this for ".tvd" files : http://www.fileviewpro.com/fr/download you may see if it helps :hmm: (I didn't try it)
It could take sometime to download ".Net Framework", something it needs. may be 5 to 10 min. Good luck.
What are 'BNL' files? :/
Where do you get these files from ?! anyway, google said it's used by the this software : MicroSim PCBoard Netlist For The Board Layout, don't ask me what it means because I don't know.

Signor
12-23-2012, 09:09 AM
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/

^^try this depending upon your system specs,MPC have loads of codecs in its package

marwen
12-23-2012, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I did a small search and found this for ".tvd" files : http://www.fileviewpro.com/fr/download you may see if it helps (I didn't try it)
It could take sometime to download ".Net Framework", something it needs. may be 5 to 10 min. Good luck.
If this helps (or helps to not waste more time) I just tried "fileviewpro", that I proposed above with some video files, but it doesn't seem to work. Sorry.

islamica
12-23-2012, 09:26 AM
hmmm still at it?

Why not convert your file into something else that is readily played.

http://www.convertfiles.com/

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Ahh, thanks guys!

@marwen, I had already downloaded 'fileviewpro' - and as you mention, it does not work : (

So far, ive also tried RegCurePro - apparently, there must be some system fault, if Im unable to open BNL files.......according to this download i have 4505 system errors!! And they want me to subscribe to fix them all! My laptop seems to be working just fine (for now).....so gonna give this a pass (i think!)

Im actually trying to update my 'QuranPen' - cos I want to upload Sh Mishary Al Afasy onto it.
And Ive found this site that has the updates available: http://www.alquran-pen.com/ - it appears that all the downloads are in TVD format....or it can be opened as a BNL file (in my case, I cant open both).

Im going to try the above 2 suggestions next....

If I dont log back on for today, it means ive burnt out my bandwidth for the month!

I hope this is it, insha Allah!......

Signor
12-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Im actually trying to update my 'QuranPen' - cos I want to upload Sh Mishary Al Afasy onto it.
And Ive found this site that has the updates available: http://www.alquran-pen.com/ - it appears that all the downloads are in TVD format....or it can be opened as a BNL file
I guess they are device oriented formats/specifically for device named as "Quran Pen"

~Zaria~
12-23-2012, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow

I guess they are device oriented formats/specifically for device named as "Quran Pen"
I guess so.....I cant understand why they would provide links for updates, if its so hard to format : (

bt84
03-27-2013, 01:05 PM
If you are still interested I have made an application for PC which extracts the mp3 audio files from the TVD Quran files and allows you to listen to them as you would listen to any mp3 file. Please note that a TVD file usually contains several thousand mp3 files as each of them contains the reading of an individual verse. However, the extraction utility creates a series of directories (one for each sura) so that you can create a playlist from them and then select how you want to listen to the files.

~Zaria~
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bt84
If you are still interested I have made an application for PC which extracts the mp3 audio files from the TVD Quran files and allows you to listen to them as you would listen to any mp3 file. Please note that a TVD file usually contains several thousand mp3 files as each of them contains the reading of an individual verse. However, the extraction utility creates a series of directories (one for each sura) so that you can create a playlist from them and then select how you want to listen to the files.
Thank you. I still have not been able to extract these files. I would really, really appreciate your help.

bt84
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Hello Zaria,

You (or anyone else interested) can download the application from h t t p : / / d r o p c a n v a s . c o m / 4 n i y z / 3. It is a zip file with 2 files - the application and a small readme file. Please extract the files from the zip file to the directory where you keep the .tvd files to be worked on.

The application is called tvd-to-mp3.exe and it is a Windows Console application. I hope you are familiar with console applications but there are instructions how to use it in the readme.txt file.

Finally, the application was made for and works with the .tvd files found at h t t p : / / w w w . a r o m a h . c o m / ? p a g e _ i d = 2 1 8. If your .tvd files are coming from a different source it may not work and it may produce unpredictable results. In such case please let me know where you have downloaded your .tvd files from so that I can double check if it can work with them. At any rate, you can still download the .tvd files from the above mentioned link and listen to Quran verses from the numerous readers (including many translations).

I hope you will find the application useful. Please let me know if you have any problems with using it.

~Zaria~
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Hello Zaria,

You (or anyone else interested) can download the application from h t t p : / / d r o p c a n v a s . c o m / 4 n i y z / 3. It is a zip file with 2 files - the application and a small readme file. Please extract the files from the zip file to the directory where you keep the .tvd files to be worked on.

The application is called tvd-to-mp3.exe and it is a Windows Console application. I hope you are familiar with console applications but there are instructions how to use it in the readme.txt file.

Finally, the application was made for and works with the .tvd files found at h t t p : / / w w w . a r o m a h . c o m / ? p a g e _ i d = 2 1 8. If your .tvd files are coming from a different source it may not work and it may produce unpredictable results. In such case please let me know where you have downloaded your .tvd files from so that I can double check if it can work with them. At any rate, you can still download the .tvd files from the above mentioned link and listen to Quran verses from the numerous readers (including many translations).

I hope you will find the application useful. Please let me know if you have any problems with using it.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Will give it a try later this weekend God willingly, and will let you know how it goes.

~Zaria~
04-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi bt84,

I have downloaded the file from dropcanvas, as well as the suggested link on http://www.aromah.com/?page_id=218. (in case of compatibility problems).

Im facing the following problems:
- Im not sure how console applications actually work......
Ive tried to follow the instructions on the readme.txt.file :exhausted......but im stuck on instruction #2 :hiding:
I have Windows XP, so Im not sure if this makes any difference....

- The actual tvd-to-mp3 application doesnt seem to run on my system.
Ive tried to extract the files, but it doesnt work when I try to run it, and doesnt appear on my program files.....

Im not sure what else I can do....

Hope you can help me further, if possible

Thanks again!

bt84
04-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Zaria,

I'm sorry I didn't explain step 2 in more details because I didn't know which OS you had and in Windows XP is little bit different. Here is what you do there:

- press Start key (lower left corner of the PC) - you should see a list of various applications and folders and other items;
- on the bottom of the list you should see 'Run...' and you select it;
- a dialog window should pop-up with the prompt 'Open:' followed by a blank line;
- on the blank line you type 'cmd' and click on OK (or press Enter key);

Once you complete the above a Console window (some call it a Command Prompt) should appear with a blinking cursor. Before the cursor you will see a current path of the console. Usually it is something like C:\Documents ans Settings\username.

Now you have to set the current path to the path where your tvd files and the tvd-to-mp3.exe application are located. Before you do this, I suggest that you create a new folder on the Desktop and name it something simple, e.g. 'tvd'. You do this by right clicking on the Desktop and selecting 'New' -> 'Folder' and then typing 'tvd' for the folder name. After that you open Windows Explorer, go to the folder where you have your tvd files and the tvd-to-mp3.exe application located, select all of those files and move to the 'tvd' folder which you just created. I hope you know how to do that (in Windows Explorer the new 'tvd' folder is listed under the Desktop items).

Once you complete all of the previous steps you go back to the black Console window. You should type 'dir' and hit Enter key just to confirm that the 'Desktop' folder is there. Then you type 'cd Desktop' and hit Enter key again. You should see that the current path has changed to Desktop.

You are now one step from the completion of this (tedious) task. Just type 'cd tvd' and hit Enter key again. You should see that the current path has changed again and it is now set to 'tvd'. Type 'dir' (and hit Enter) to confirm that you see all your tvd files and the tvd-to-mp3.exe file there.

Now you can proceed with the step 4 from the readme file.

I'm sorry for this lengthy instruction but could not do better. By all means please let me know if you have any problems.

~Zaria~
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
^ Oh my goodness.....thank you so much for all your time!

My cluelessness must have been apparent, for you to have outlined these steps in as much detail for me! Thank you!

Unfortunately, the bad news is that......Im still stuck:exhausted

Ive got to step 4 and have typed in: tvd-to-mp3.exe 51893

This is the reply:
'tvd-to-mp3.exe' is not recognised as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Ive followed all your steps perfectly....

Just out of interest......
- How did you find this thread and decide to help with my dilemma?

- Can you tell us a little more about how Dropcanvas actually works?

Really appreciate your help.
Thanks once again!

~Zaria~
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
One more question:

If/ once Im able to open the TVD file, I'll need to transfer it to my Quran Pen - its an actual 'pen' that senses the letters in a quran, and reads it out aloud (with or without translation).

Would this be possible.....or will it only work on my laptop?

bt84
04-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Don't worry, we'll make it work. It's just too slow if we aren't on instant messaging so that you don't wait hours for my reply as I'm not always close to my PC. The message you got means that the tvd-to-mp3.exe file is not present in the current console path. Try typing 'dir' command (followed by the Enter key) and see what files are listed there. You should see your tvd files as well as the tvd-to-mp3.exe file in the list. Please try to make sure that tvd-to-mp3.exe file is copied from the place where you had downloaded it from the Dropcanvas place.

As for your other questions (backwards), you can transfer the file to the pen if the pen supports the tvd format. Not all pens are the same and so only those that support the tvd format can use it. But if you have such pen you don't need to do anything with this stuff, you just download it from the Internet and copy it to the pen and it will work. Based on your question I guess you don't have such pen.

Dropcanvas is just a place on Internet which allows someone to share files with someone without having to send the file through the mail or upload to any other place. As this forum does not allow uploading files I had to find same way. I only learned about Dropcanvas first time when I was looking for the way to send the files to you. Dropcanvas will keep the files there for 60 days and then it will delete it (unless I register:D).

And finally, I found your question about listening to tvd files when I was looking for more information on tvd files which at that time were unknown to me. Decoding and extracting the audio from the file was part of the project where I had to create an application to replace the individual mp3 files inside the tvd file with different files so that the pen can be used not just for reading Quran but also for any other book. Once I was able to decode and extract the files I remembered that someone was asking about this and found your question again.

Please let me know your progress with running the application and don't give up. Once you do it you will see that the effort was worth for.

bt84
04-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi Zaria,

I just tested the app on Win XP platform and found that you were right and that the application I made works only on Win 7 or higher. I'll make a new version of the tvd-to-mp3.exe for Win XP and let you know where to take it from. It will be probably done tonight.

Sorry for confusion, talk to you later.

~Zaria~
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Im really amazed.....and you only have 6 posts here!

I had thought that you were with the Dropcanvas team, and was promoting your product on the forum :P

With regards to my progress :exhausted, this is what it shows me when I type in dir:

854 51893_Mishary-bin-Rashid_05Jul12(1).tvd- Shortcut lnk

1029 tvd-to-mp3 - Shortcut lnk

2 files 1883 bytes

2 Dir(s) 181 839 388 672 bytes free

Btw. i do have the quran pen, and Im not planning on giving up, God willingly.

Tbh, I have not been using it in the last few months because I really, really like the voice of Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy (its just not the same without it).
Im really hoping that this works out eventually!

Im not sure how to really thank you for your time!

In Islam, when we would want to thank someone, we say: Masha'Allah - which means: It is as Allah (God) wills.
Its a means of expressing appreciation and praise for an event or person that is mentioned, while still serving as a reminder that whatever is made possible, it is only through the will of our Creator.

I do hope that we can be of benefit to you as well on this forum, God willingly.
Please let us know if there is anything on your mind.....

God bless

~Zaria~
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
^Ive just seen your new post.

Thanks!

Apologies for all the trouble.
I really appreciate all your assistance!

bt84
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Zaria,

I've uploaded a new version of the application and you can download it from h t t p : / / d r o p c a n v a s . c o m / f r b h 8 / 1. I just changed the name to tvd-to-mp3xp.exe so that you don't confuse it with the previous version which you can delete from your PC because it is only for Windows 7.

I read the list of the dir command in your working folder and it's not good. The problem is that you have shortcut links to the files instead the actual files in the directory. Your listing shows

854 51893_Mishary-bin-Rashid_05Jul12(1).tvd- Shortcut lnk

and the first number 854 is the length of the file which is only 854 bytes instead 236920913 bytes. The same problem is with the tvd-to-mp3.exe file (which you now need to replace with tvd-to-mp3xp.exe). It must not be the link but the actual file.

When you drag the file from one window to another, you have to hold Ctrl key before you release the file in the new location. That way you will not create a link but will copy the entire file. Another way to copy the entire file is to right click on the file in the original location, select 'Copy' and then right click in the new location and select 'Paste'.

So, with the new exe file everything remains the same, you just type the new name and then the initial 5 digits of the tvd file name and hit Enter. Please note that the extraction process can take quite a while on XP (on my PC it takes more than 2 minutes) so be patient.

Please let me know how it went. Good luck!

~Zaria~
04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi bt84,

Alhamdulillah, the extraction process worked perfectly, having followed your instructions above

I have copied the files onto the pen.

However, the pen still does not 'read' Sh Mishary - when I place it over his name (on the quran voice option card).
I also cant access the file when scrolling the menu on the pen itself.

The files do open on my laptop though.....

Im not sure if you are familiar with these quran pens?
Any advise from here?

imsad I really hope that this works out, in shaa Allah.

Many thanks for all your assistance.

bt84
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi Zaria,

Glad to hear that it finally worked out. You said you hoped I'd have some benefit on the forum too, so I can already confirm this. I'm beginning to learn Arabic, word by word, phrase by phrase. Some of phrases are actually the same in my language, like Masha'Allah which we write mašala and it has the same meaning...

It seems there was a misunderstanding about what you actually wanted to achieve. Based on your opening post and the question how to open TVD files I was under impression you wanted to listen to the TVD file on the PC and indeed no audio player can do that because the TVD file in not a simple audio file but a sort of a container for thousand of small mp3 files. Now I realize you wanted to transfer an additional TVD file to your pen reader and use it with the Quran book.

The problem is that your pen supports only the format of the audio files which came with the pen. This is because there are numerous pen manufacturers around and almost each of them have their own file format (probably because of the copyrighting-licensing issues). I know at least three extensions - tvd, bnl and qrs. The pen will not even show on its menu any other downloaded file. Do you know which extension is for your pen (or tell me at least the pen brand name or manufacturer)?

However, if you have any standard mp3 player you can download the extracted mp3 files to it and listen to Quran reading on your own. You can place files into sections that correspond to individual suras and even record some explanatory voice (like 'beggining of "The Food" sura', 'end of "The Food" sura'). I understand that the pen gives you additional advantages but as said earlier you may not be able to listen to any format other than the one that the pen came with.

Will wait for your reply...

~Zaria~
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Greetings bt84,

This is sad news.
I was really hoping for this to work out......
In shaa Allah, it will.

When I had purchased the pen, I was told that I could get any additional downloads off the internet.
Unfortunately, the sellers themselves cant help me with regards this....
The pen also says that any additional reciters, as well as the english translation to the hadith and commentary (it is in arabic at the moment, of which my understanding is limited), can be obtained from the net......so I trusted that this would be easily available to us imsad

The product is called: 'The Quran Pen', Model: M9
It has the following website on the box: http://www.alqalamreadpen.com/ - but it does not have any downloads on it.

Heres a pic that I found on-line:

The pen has a 4Gig memory, which is already in use, and it allows for the insertion of a micro-sd card for further uploads.

You said you hoped I'd have some benefit on the forum too, so I can already confirm this. I'm beginning to learn Arabic, word by word, phrase by phrase. Some of phrases are actually the same in my language, like Masha'Allah which we write mašala and it has the same meaning...
Alhamdulillah, I am happy to hear this.

Heres a new word: 'Alhamdulillah' - it means: 'All praise belongs to Allah (God)'

When it is mentioned, it means that whatever has happened - it was only possible through the decree and mercy of God.
If a muslim is asked - 'How are you today?' - he/ she will say: 'Alhamdulillah'.....Even if that person is going through some difficulty....still he is recognising that it is only by the permission of Allah, and that Allah only wants good for His creation.
So, we are praising our Creator for all that occurs in our lives - from the small, seemingly insignificant moments to the life-changing ones as well.

I hope you would be able to assist me further with this, in shaa Allah (If Allah wills).
You've been a great help so far!

God Bless

~Zaria~
04-03-2013, 05:47 PM
By the way, if you are wondering why I am trying so hard to upload the reciter: Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy, onto the pen - you can listen to him with translation, as well as really beautiful depictions of the verses, on the following thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...citations.html

Have a listen to Surah Mulk - alhamdulillah, its really beautiful.

bt84
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
The link you provided does not seem to be link of the manufacturer but rather of some re-seller. I couldn't even find an offer for the pens, they just provide some sponsored links. Isn't there some other information on the pen? There should be something like product ID and the manufacturer name. Without it I can't really see what format is used.

So, it seems you only got the pen with preloaded audio and nothing more - too bad. But while working with this I realized that there is a huge competition of pen sellers around and they really sell all kinds of suspicious stuff, many of them probably just cheap copies of the original.

Thanks for the new word, I already saw it on the forum. I'll have to go now, talk to you later.

~Zaria~
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
The link you provided does not seem to be link of the manufacturer but rather of some re-seller. I couldn't even find an offer for the pens, they just provide some sponsored links. Isn't there some other information on the pen? There should be something like product ID and the manufacturer name. Without it I can't really see what format is used.

So, it seems you only got the pen with preloaded audio and nothing more - too bad. But while working with this I realized that there is a huge competition of pen sellers around and they really sell all kinds of suspicious stuff, many of them probably just cheap copies of the original.

Thanks for the new word, I already saw it on the forum. I'll have to go now, talk to you later.

You are right - there are many such types of quran pens on the market (in fact, I had actually returned my previous one, which had Mishary on it - because it did not provide the ability to download updates from the net. Now I wish I had just stayed with that one!)

This particular product does not have any other info, exp for the serial number (I doubt this would be of any use). Theres no manufacturer name or any other form of ID.

I guess reality is setting in - it looks like Ive been duped! imsad

I really thought this would work - because they provide a cable to connect to the laptop, place for a micro-sd card for memory, etc. Allahu alim (Allah knows best)

Its too late for me to return it, and I would also feel bad to do so - because the guys who sold it to me are Egyptian foreigners in my country, who are just trying to make ends meet.....I dont think they are aware of these problems. I trust that they were sincere in their sale.

Oh well imsad......theres a lesson to be learnt in everything.....
And it could have been worse.....

Also, the way I see it - something good has come off this after all!: We have a new and very knowledgeable member on our forum, and I hope that you will spend more time here, reading through our many interesting threads.

Please do not hesitate to ask us, on anything that may be on your mind.
I would sincerely like the opportunity to return the generosity that you have shown.

Thank you once again, for all your time and effort.
Nowadays, its not common to find someone who is willing to help another out, without the expectation of anything in return - but simply for the sake of assisting another person in need.

This is something that we are taught from very young - that when we do anything in life, we do it solely for gaining the pleasure of our Creator, and not with the expectation of gaining something from His creation. If they show gratitude, then this is ok. But if they dont (as is often the case in life) - then, we still will not be dissappointed, for we know that our actions where motivated by a higher purpose.

So, great stuff! :thumbs_up

bt84
04-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Zaria,

When you connect the pen with the USB cable to the PC what do you see? Is it a list of files that are in the pen? Do you see their names and extensions? Can you transfer the files from the pen back to the PC? If this is possible we could find out which type of files the pen is using. Please let me know if you ca find out anything about this.

I'm glad too that I met new people on this forum. I once had a very, very good friend from Egypt whom I met and befriended while being on a student practice in Norway, quite a while ago. However, due to my failure to maintain the friendship with him our communication stopped soon after we got back home. This is the thing I much regret but people learn from their mistakes (even better from other people's mistakes:).

I'll check the recitations you suggested and I'm now planning to transfer the translated Quran readings to my flash and play it to learn more about it. However, I was not brought up as a religious man and I look at this whole matter from a different prospective.

~Zaria~
04-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi bt84,

Hi Zaria,

When you connect the pen with the USB cable to the PC what do you see? Is it a list of files that are in the pen? Do you see their names and extensions? Can you transfer the files from the pen back to the PC? If this is possible we could find out which type of files the pen is using. Please let me know if you ca find out anything about this.
The pen has 2 folders - one is an audio with mp3 files, and the other contains 'DPR' files.
It does allow me to transfer the files onto my laptop.

Im not sure if this is of any help for you? Let me know if there is any other information that I can provide you with.

I'll check the recitations you suggested and I'm now planning to transfer the translated Quran readings to my flash and play it to learn more about it. However, I was not brought up as a religious man and I look at this whole matter from a different prospective.

Alhamdulillah, I am pleased to hear this.

You know, its amazing how God has given each one of us a different life's course to follow.
From the moment that we are born - every minute that passes is unique to each one of us.

So, for some, God has placed them into very religious and spiritually inclined homes.
For others, they may have been raised without any concept of religion whatsoever.

Yet - no matter where you started off in life.....we all have a common ending: Death is a guarantee upon each and every one of us......and we are all destined to return to the One who created us.

I think that the point of life is to come into awareness of our Creator, to acknowledge Him and give thanks to Him - for our very existence and sustenance is due only to Him.

Some people may have reached this acknowledgement merely from the fact that they were brought up in an enviroment that was already focussed in this direction.
This is a blessing in itself.
For others, who may not have had this - they are given opportunities in their life, that constantly directs them to their Creator.

Our challenge in life is to recognise these signs around us....
If you think about it, no matter in which direction that you look, there are signs of our Creator - a simple leaf (that can never be recreated, no matter how many scientists put their heads together), the birds that are held up in the air, the alternation of night and day, the amazing human body.....and soo much more.

This life is just a test - nothing more.

A test to distinguish those who acknowledge the One who has given them life; His messengers (from the time of Adam, to the final messenger - Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon them all), His books (the final being the Quraan - a guidance for all of mankind), and who realise that this fleeting life will be culminated by a Day on which we will all be brought back, to take account of all that has passed before us.

I do hope that you will oneday appreciate life through these eyes, in shaa Allah.

I say in complete sincerity, with nothing to gain - that once our hearts are opened to our true purpose, it gives life a completely new and beautiful meaning!

I hope you enjoy listening to the recitations.
I will post more of such videos in the above mentioned thread, in shaa Allah.

God bless

bt84
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi Zaria,

There is one last thing we can try with your pen. It seems it works with DPR files and in the DPR directory there should be some files with .dpr extension, like 32985minshavy.dpr or similar. What you can do is to upload one of those files to your laptop, then open the dropcanvas.com site (again that one :)) and then drag the .dpr file from your pc to the site (the site allows drag & drop files). Once you do that the pc will transfer the file to the site (it can take twenty minutes or so, depending on the internet speed - I hope you can wait that long).

Once the upload is complete right click onto the file and select "copy link location". Then you send me the link (right click in the message window and select 'paste') and I will download the file here and check its format. If it is similar to TVD I might be able to convert Sh Mishary's TVD file to DPR format and you will be able to download it to the pen and listen to it. I can't promise that I'll be successful but I'll try.

~Zaria~
04-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi bt84,

I have uploaded the smallest file that is on the pen (the others were taking ~4 hours to upload).

I hope this would be of help in shaa Allah.

This is the link location:

http://dropcanvas.com/wz49s/2

Im praying this works!

Thanks!

Vito
04-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I found someone who sells these. I'll try to get more info for you

~Zaria~
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
:jz: brother,

From personal experience, Ive found that the sellers dont really know about the complexities of trying to download additional files to the pen.

In shaa Allah, your friend may be able to help us more.

:wasalamex

Vito
04-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't personally know them. I just found several vendors online who are selling these so I asked if there is a way to download the file from them. A lot of the pens say they come with Afasy as one of the reciters (I believe that's who you want right?). Its weird why yours doesn't have it.

bt84
04-05-2013, 09:37 PM
At first sight the file does not seem to have familiar format but I can see its structure. This one seems to have about 60 implemented codes (places associated with some audio). I'll take a more closer look tomorrow.

~Zaria~
04-06-2013, 08:36 AM
^ Thanks bt84,

If this is a lengthy process, then dont worry.
I am already grateful for all your help so far, so if this is too time-consuming, then dont stress.

format_quote Originally Posted by Vito
I don't personally know them. I just found several vendors online who are selling these so I asked if there is a way to download the file from them. A lot of the pens say they come with Afasy as one of the reciters (I believe that's who you want right?). Its weird why yours doesn't have it.

Most pens do come with Al Afasy on it. I was quite surprised when i realised that mine didnt.

Apart from this, the pen also has Sahih Bukhari and Muslim, tafseer (commentary on the verses in the quraan) and tajweed (pronounciation rules) - all of this is in arabic, which I am not able to understand well.
Which means that over half of the capabilities of this pen are wasted in my case : (

I had spent hours in the past trying to locate the direct manufacturer of this particular pen (vs the suppliers), but I have not been successful as yet.

I trust that if Im meant to find a solution to this, then it will become possible.
Otherwise, perhaps its not meant to be.....

JazakumAllah khair,

Vito
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I have a guy who says he has the files. Which language / reciters do you want exactly? He can't send everything because its too large so only a few at a time. Let me know and we'll see if he actually sends them.

~Zaria~
04-06-2013, 03:16 PM
^ Wow, really?

Ok, here goes:

I only need one recitor: Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy
(My other favourite is Muhammed al Luhaidan, but I dont think he is provided as an option for these pens....)

Also: Tafseer, tajweed and hadith in english

^I would be happy with any of the above, if he has it available.

The dropcanvas.com seems to a great way to share files with others.
Perhaps he can upload them there and provide us with the link.

JazakAllahu khair!

bt84
04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I was able to extract individual files from 32990.DPR but they aren't in straight mp3 format. It seems it's been encrypted in some way and can be played only by the pen.

I hope you had seen the English translation of Quran reading at h t t p : / / w w w . a r o m a h . c o m / ? p a g e _ i d = 2 1 8. You can extract individual mp3 files from it and listen to them on you laptop while using your pen at the same time for listening to verses in Arabic. Or alternatively you can extract files from your favourite Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy's reading and listen to them in parallel with the English translation.

~Zaria~
04-07-2013, 05:18 AM
I was able to extract individual files from 32990.DPR but they aren't in straight mp3 format. It seems it's been encrypted in some way and can be played only by the pen.

I hope you had seen the English translation of Quran reading at h t t p : / / w w w . a r o m a h . c o m / ? p a g e _ i d = 2 1 8. You can extract individual mp3 files from it and listen to them on you laptop while using your pen at the same time for listening to verses in Arabic. Or alternatively you can extract files from your favourite Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy's reading and listen to them in parallel with the English translation.

Thanks for trying bt84.

The quran pen was meant to help with memorising the quran (by being able to repeat a certain verse over while reading the quran), and ensure correct pronounciation.....as well as having the english translation and commentary of the verses available at the same time.

It doesnt look like this is going to be possible.... (unless brother Vito's contact is able to help out in shaa Allah).

Ive noticed other buyers complaining on-line, about not being able to download the required software as well.....
Its quite disappointing that they make so many empty promises : (

Thanks again for your help!

All the best

bt84
04-07-2013, 07:53 PM
The pen simplifies the process but people were memorizing Quran long before the pens were invented :). You have the reading in Arabic, you have the translation in English and you can certainly do this with little effort without the pen. One way would be to create a playlist in your audio player (most players allow creating play lists) where you would interleave readings in Arabic with the translation. Then you could start the player and listen in Arabic immediately followed by the corresponding translation.

When you extract the mp3 files from two different tbl files you can notice that each file in one set has a matching file in the other, with the identical number portion but different prefix. For example, in 51893_Mishary-Bin-Rashid_05Jul12.tvd reading there is a file e002009.mp3 and in French translation 51910_French_11Jul12.tvd there is a file fr002009.mp3. The number portion 002009 tells you that the file corresponds to 9th verse of the 2nd Surah. The same applies to all other extracted files. So you can create a playlist for each Surah, and for example you can order the files in playlist for 2nd Surah as
e002001.mp3
fr002001.mp3
e002002.mp3
fr002002.mp3
etc

While playing a file in the playlist you can always press a Repeat key and repeat the verse in each language as many times as you like. While listening to the audio you can also have Quran at hand and follow the printed verses.

Of course this is just a suggestion, you will certainly find a way that best suits you.

~Zaria~
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
The pen simplifies the process but people were memorizing Quran long before the pens were invented :). You have the reading in Arabic, you have the translation in English and you can certainly do this with little effort without the pen.

While playing a file in the playlist you can always press a Repeat key and repeat the verse in each language as many times as you like. While listening to the audio you can also have Quran at hand and follow the printed verses.

Of course this is just a suggestion, you will certainly find a way that best suits you.

Lol, yes I do realise that people were memorising Quran before the pens were invented : )

Thanks for the suggestions......it takes the fun out of the pen, but I will give it a try in shaa Allah.

Vito
04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
These guys are having issues uploading the file. I gave them another website to try. It takes a while because they are on the other side of the world so the time difference doesn't really help. Hopefully this will work

Vito
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Here is the English file:

http://uploadingit.com/file/ixfp3d1q...997engilsh.DPR

Try this out. They didn't want to upload the reciter because they wanted to see if this works first. Let me know

~Zaria~
04-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Here is the English file:

http://uploadingit.com/file/ixfp3d1q...997engilsh.DPR

Try this out. They didn't want to upload the reciter because they wanted to see if this works first. Let me know

imsad Ive uploaded it onto the pen, but it doesnt seem to work : (

(Im assuming that this it is the file that enables ahadith to be read in english....)

Maybe the recitor will work?
In shaa Allah, Im keen to give it a try....

:jz:

Vito
04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
They tried to upload the other file but they said its taking too long because of its size so they decided not to upload it. I can't say for sure but, if the translation file didn't work, chances are the reciter wouldn't have either. Sorry I couldn't help.

~Zaria~
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
They tried to upload the other file but they said its taking too long because of its size so they decided not to upload it. I can't say for sure but, if the translation file didn't work, chances are the reciter wouldn't have either. Sorry I couldn't help.

:salam: brother,

Thank your for trying!

I really appreciate all the help and advice I received on this thread.

mra1n1
06-24-2013, 05:31 PM
:salam: brother,

Thank your for trying!

I really appreciate all the help and advice I received on this thread.

Hi Zaria and bt84,

I have also bought a Quran Rader Pen to help me memorise the holy quran.
I have downloaded .tdv files from the website that bt84 has mentioned and I want to convert them to .mp3 files,
so that I can listen to the Quran and the translation in my own language on my pc.

I have tried to dowload the tvd-to-mp3.exe and tvd-to-mp3xp.exe files but they have both been deleted from the filehosting servers.

Could you (Zaria or bt84) please upload these files again. (I am using windows7 btw.)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

~Zaria~
06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
:sl:

Unfortunately brother, the above files did not work.

I still have not found the solution to converting the on-line files to mp3 format for use on the pen.

In shaa Allah, if you can find a means to do so, please share it with us.

mra1n1
06-24-2013, 06:05 PM

Unfortunately brother, the above files did not work.

I still have not found the solution to converting the on-line files to mp3 format for use on the pen.

In shaa Allah, if you can find a means to do so, please share it with us.

Thank you for your fast reply, Sister,

I just wanted to extract the mp3 files from the tvd file so that I can use them on my computer. To listen to them through an audio player program.

If you can please upload these conversion programs, I will try to extract the mp3 files from them. I will also try my best to see why it is not working on the pen itself. It might be that the converted mp3 files have a different bitrate or so?

Thanks in advance

~Zaria~
06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Ive tried to upload the files onto Dropcanvas:

http://dropcanvas.com/5ie5m

I hope it works in shaa Allah.

mra1n1
06-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Ive tried to upload the files onto Dropcanvas:

I hope it works in shaa Allah.
Thank you very much sister. If I find a solution regarding the mp3 files on the pen, I will post it in this thread immediately

javdenmac
11-25-2013, 09:36 AM
we need this converter, please upload it again and share the link Thanks

javdenmac
11-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Dear All

Plz Upload Again I need this Converter

Thanks

~Zaria~
11-27-2013, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by javdenmac
Dear All

Plz Upload Again I need this Converter

Thanks

:salam:

A number of members have tried to assist with these file conversions.

Unfortunately, none of them have worked.

I have since given up.....I think that these are possibly counterfeit products, and hence they do not have any on-line support.

If you find success in this, please share it here with us in shaa Allah. We would really appreciate it!

Wassalam

Signor
11-27-2013, 04:41 PM

Is your pen belongs to one of those links?

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...n-M9-M10-.html

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...an-Pen-M9.html

Also can you tell me for how long you have been using this pen?

~Zaria~
11-28-2013, 04:20 AM
^ Yes akhi, it is similar to those examples.

I purchased the pen ~late last year.

javdenmac
12-02-2013, 08:06 AM
AOA to Every One

We are making a Quran Word By Word Learning Software for Teaching Quran .user can Learn itself So i need the Quran Audio of Different Qari and also Translations . So plz Upload the TVD to MP3 Converter or BNL to MP3

Thanks plz Reply me as soon as Possible

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!