Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
:salamext:

.. I can't find any success ..

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Crimson
12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Good speech but success for me isn't for desires (cars, houses, etc), statuses, etc. I study and want to get top grades and go into a good university and study the course I want to make myself happy and to show myself that I can accomplish what I wish and aim to achieve which also gives me hope that I will be able to lead a healthy life in this world. How does one manage to just aim for the next world in this day and age, they way I see it is that if I focused on just the hereafter I wouldn't get anywhere in this life, no family, no residence and maybe I won't even be able to survive.

So it's impossible to just ignore the worldly aspirations of this era because how will you survive or even be able to 'compete' (finding a wife, raising a family, etc)?

جوري
12-24-2012, 02:54 PM
The issue is one of trust in Allah :swt: which is what the sheikh was trying to convey. That if Allah :swt: is your guide then he'll be your eyes, your ears, and that when what you request of him you'd be granted, the same way birds leave with empty bellies in the morning and return full. This of course provided you do your part completely and not just sit there and hope that things would fall upon you from the sky, but if you've done your part completely and are afflicted with a calamity then let not bitterness enter your heart and temper it with the knowledge that everything in life is temporary.

I think you were the gentleman who was professed fear of making prayer in public lest you be attacked by a sniper after I posted the story of the serial killer targeting middle eastern men? I know it is only human but if one places the fear and desire to please and seek his protection & guidance above all mundane & worldly things, then one will not have fear of men or death or not having a job or finding a suitable partner for all the conditions of a Muslim are for his/her good.

and Allah :swt: knows best

:w:

Crimson
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
The issue is one of trust in Allah :swt: which is what the sheikh was trying to convey. That if Allah :swt: is your guide then he'll be your eyes, your ears, and that when what you request of him you'd be granted, the same way birds leave with empty bellies in the morning and return full. This of course provided you do your part completely and not just sit there and hope that things would fall upon you from the sky, but if you've done your part completely and are afflicted with a calamity then let not bitterness enter your heart and temper it with the knowledge that everything in life is temporary.

I think you were the gentleman who was professed fear of making prayer in public lest you be attacked by a sniper after I posted the story of the serial killer targeting middle eastern men? I know it is only human but if one places the fear and desire to please and seek his protection & guidance above all mundane & worldly things, then one will not have fear of men or death or not having a job or finding a suitable partner for all the conditions of a Muslim are for his/her good.

and Allah :swt: knows best

Hmm I see were you're coming from but somehow I just find that hard to do :/ but no I wasn't the one who commented on your serial killer thread :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-24-2012, 04:57 PM
:jz: sorry for mistaking you for someone else..

Iqra101
12-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I understand Crimson's point of view of trying to work hard to benefit in this world, but my point of view is just being grateful that I do get my 3 hot meals a day and have clothing as well as shelter. You should work hard to maintain a decent lifestyle that accommodates your needs not your wants. The best way to learn this is reading the Quran. Try to achieve a lifestyle close to our Beloved Prophets way of life. Understand the true message to get the true essence of what it means to work hard and be successful in this life and the next. readquranonline.net

Eric H
12-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Crimson;

if I focused on just the hereafter I wouldn't get anywhere in this life, no family, no residence and maybe I won't even be able to survive.
Work as if everything depends on the efforts of your hands, pray as if everything depends on Allah.

In the spirit of putting our trust in God

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!