/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you pass aptitude tests?

Salahudeen
12-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Is there any tutorials or guides anywhere?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Generally speaking there is no passing or failing of an aptitude test. An aptitude test is a tool often used by school and employment counselors to determine what field a person has the greatest chance of success in. It is a measurement of a persons strengths and weaknesses, not of ability to perform a specific task.

An aptitude test will measure such things as reading understanding, spatial ability and abstract reasoning along with things like mechanical ability, memory retention, ability to follow written and visual instruction, ability to stay on task and many other factors.

It is for your own benefit to help you decide what field you should seek to go into. sometimes it is not what we want and we will choose to go into a field we have less ability in but more enjoyment.

There is no preparation possible for a true aptitude test nor is one needed. It is not designed to measure what you know, but on what you have the potential to learn.

Sometimes a job placement test is called an aptitude test, but that is really a qualification test not an aptitude test. That will test your knowledge of a specific job or role and that can be studied for. In that case study all you can about the particular job and how it is ideally performed.

If you know the specific test you will be taking or what the purpose of it is post that here, and perhaps specific guidelines can be given. I am thinking you may be seeking advice about a qualification test and not an aptitude test.

Salahudeen
12-25-2012, 03:10 PM
JazakAllah the appptitude tests I'm coming across are numerical ones full of Math, which is my weakest point, its frustrating because the jobs I'm applying for entail no Math at all, however these tests are common practice now due to high number of applicants, I want to learn enough Math to get past these tests so I'm trying to find a book or guide that just covers the same Math as in these tests.

Woodrow
12-25-2012, 03:44 PM
In that case I would suggest an algebra tutorial. You want to be able to at least be able to balance polynomial equations. A good understanding of algebraic reasoning will prepare you for almost any form of math problem.

I believe this link has just what you need HERE

Especially this book HERE from that link. It can be downloaded or read online. The price is right-- FREE

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!