/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Gang Rape in India's Capital

Ali_008
12-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Last week, a 23 year-old girl was subjected to an act as inhuman as rape, but that wasn't enough for the culprits as they did barbaric things to her. They took brutality to a whole new level. You can read the story in the link below, but it doesn't contain the gruesome details.

Code:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/delhi-gangrape-victim-narrates-the-tale-of-horror/article4230038.ece
Apparently, after she was raped by the 6 convicts, the hooligans realized that they weren't done, and inserted a metal rod in her genitals. All this went for easily over half an hour, and she went unconscious after that. It has hurt her insides so terribly that her entire intestine was injured, and was at the risk of spreading gangrene to the rest of the body. Consequently, the doctors had to remove her intestines. The Indian police, and the doctors who are treating have admitted that this is the most barbaric incident of rape they've ever come across.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
12-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon

islamica
12-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Gang-rape protesters face tear gas, and lathicharge (baton beating)

Police used batons, tear gas and water cannon to turn back thousands of people marching on the presidential palace in intensifying protests against the gang-rape of a woman on the streets and on social media. The 23-year-old victim is battling for her life in hospital after she was beaten, raped for almost an hour and thrown out of a moving bus on a busy New Delhi street. he protesters, largely college students, are demanding the death penalty for the accused and safety assurances for women. The savage rape and torture occurred on Sunday night, when the woman and her male friend boarded a private bus in south Delhi after watching a movie. The woman was brutally and repeatedly assaulted by six men. Her male friend, who tried to save her, was also beaten up by the rapists. Both the girl and her friend were stripped and dumped by the roadside near the domestic airport, after the nearly 40-minute ordeal in a moving bus, that passed unchallenged through five different police check points while the ghastly act was underway.

Ramadan90
12-26-2012, 12:19 AM
This is absolutely beyond sick!!! What world do I live in?!:raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
12-26-2012, 12:35 AM
^^what world you live in?

Hello, you live in world of humans. Everything is possible here. God tests us, humans test us. It's a hell-hole we live in.

~Zaria~
12-26-2012, 06:20 AM
SubhanAllah, this is heart-wrenching ;'(

I pray that she has imaan, and if not, that Allah Taa'la guides her towards His deen and showers His endless mercy and blessings upon her. Ameen

And just as painful to read, is the response of the police towards the activisits against abuse:

format_quote Originally Posted by islamica

These police should be charged the same!

Whats going on with the men in India?? Such brutality against women - even by those who are meant to uphold the law and protect society?

SubhanAllah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-26-2012, 09:24 AM
No one talks about the crimes committed against Muslims during 2002 Gujrat riots. :cry: Girls were raped these aswell...and burnt after. Pregnant women's tummies were cut open and fetus were burnt. Daughters and sisters were raped before of their men. Burning tyres were put on their necks and were forced to run naked...just to name a few.

And this crime is equally gruesome. imsad

Ali_008
12-26-2012, 09:43 AM
^^^ Bro says true. The Gujarat 2002 riots were the most barbaric thing to may have ever happened in India. The tummies of pregnant women were literally cut with swords.

Well, I posted this here, because of the reaction this rape has received. Due to this particular case, rape has taken a central seat in Indian news today, and whenever covering up or hijab is mentioned, you have to see the opposition and disgust people are offering for it. It is unbelievable to see how people are forcing the government to take huge steps, but are not willing to make sure that obscene clothing is questioned. Under so much pressure, the govt., it seems, has passed a law where a girl can injure and even kill a man if she is getting raped. I commend the law, and I think it is very well done, but its exploitation has to be considered as well. I'm not sure if that is an official law, because I've read about it only on facebook, but if that happens, then men in India are in for some serious trouble. The dowry law itself has seen mass exploitation in India, now this law will cost lives, if exploited. A tiny scuffle between couples might be the end of the man's life. :nervous:

In addition to that, please go through the following news as well which left me :cry:
http://www.aaj.tv/2012/12/in-india-g...ting-officers/

islamica
12-26-2012, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
No one talks about the crimes committed against Muslims during 2002 Gujrat riots. :cry: Girls were raped these aswell...and burnt after. Pregnant women's tummies were cut open and fetus were burnt. Daughters and sisters were raped before of their men. Burning tyres were put on their necks and were forced to run naked...just to name a few.

And this crime is equally gruesome. imsad
The two are not the same. This is a gang rape. The Gujrat was a state planned, sponsored, law enforcement backed and community participated mass rape, torture, mutilation and massacre of the Muslims.

Signor
12-26-2012, 10:13 AM
No one talks about the crimes committed against Muslims during 2002 Gujrat riots. Girls were raped these aswell...and burnt after. Pregnant women's tummies were cut open and fetus were burnt. Daughters and sisters were raped before of their men. Burning tyres were put on their necks and were forced to run naked...just to name a few.

And this crime is equally gruesome.
Bro,I can feel for you.Whats sells more hurts more..this is whats going on

Uncle Jee
12-26-2012, 10:48 AM
If this happened in Pakistan then Islam would be blamed!

Maybe we should blame Bollywood.

Predator
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Noone talks about muslims and they are afraid that if islam spreads they can no longer enjoy , yeah like 1000 muslims arent worth a brahmin fingernail for them . During wars , they say spare the brahmins and cows. These cowardly urine drinkers should burn in hell for their hate of muslims.

And What is more shocking to see is that many muslims of gujarat themselves are suffering from stockhome syndrome and are still supporting that hindu zionist pig Modi and he won state elections and now plans to become prime minister

See here Irfan Pathan well known cricketer shares the stage with that murderer in his election campaign

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

GuestFellow
12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Ah this is what always happens in protests. A big group of people come. A big police force is present. What do you get? CLASH! o_O It's like mixing sugar and spice but without everything nice.

islamica
12-26-2012, 10:54 PM
A quick search of "girls molestation" on india times website shows it is an epidemic over there, not even sparing as young as 4 yr olds. And they are not safe from anyone, brother, father, uncles, teachers, principal, caretakers, officers, neighbors, you name it.

~Zaria~
12-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Indian teen kills self after gang rape

2012-12-27

Amritsar - A 17-year-old Indian girl who was gang-raped committed suicide after police pressured her to drop the case and marry one of her attackers, police and a relative said on Thursday.

Amid the ongoing uproar over the gang-rape of a student on a bus in New Delhi earlier this month, the latest case has again shone the spotlight on the police's handling of sex crimes.

One police officer has been sacked and another suspended over their conduct after the assault during the festival of Diwali on November 13 in the Patiala region in the Punjab, according to officials.

The teenager was found dead on Wednesday night after swallowing poison.

Inspector General Paramjit Singh Gill said that the teenager had been "running from pillar to post to get her case registered" but officers failed to open a formal inquiry.

Cash settlement

"One of the officers tried to convince her to withdraw the case," said Gill, the police chief for the Patalia area.

Before her death, there had been no arrests over her case although three people were detained on Thursday. Two of them were her alleged male attackers and the third was a woman accomplice.

The victim's sister told Indian television that the teenager had been urged to either accept a cash settlement or marry one of her attackers.

"The police started pressuring her to either reach a financial settlement with her attackers or marry one of them," her sister told the NDTV network.

Gang-rapes are a near daily occurrence in India where official figures show that 228 650 of the total 256 329 violent crimes recorded in 2011 were against women.

The real figure is thought to be much higher as so many women are reluctant to go to report attacks to the police.

During an address to the chief ministers of India's states on Thursday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh pledged to bring in new laws to cover attacks on women.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Ind...-rape-20121227

The police force in India is a crime in itself!

Make duaa for our brothers and sisters, as well as all those innocent people around the world who are facing horrific atrocities.
May Allah lighten their burdens and shower His mercy upon them. Ameen.

;'(

ardianto
12-28-2012, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Amritsar - A 17-year-old Indian girl who was gang-raped committed suicide after police pressured her to drop the case and marry one of her attackers, police and a relative said on Thursday.
Indian police did it?

I thought "to protect and serve" is universal principle of police department in the world. :exhausted

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-28-2012, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Indian police did it?

I thought "to protect and serve" is universal principle of police department in the world. :exhausted
Brother, it's Indian police. If you have money they can be in your pocket.

ardianto
12-28-2012, 04:54 PM

Brother, it's Indian police. If you have money they can be in your pocket.
I've watched a number of videos about Indian police, but the news above still made me shocked.

Ramadan90
12-28-2012, 10:02 PM
The woman died today in the hospital according to swedish news.

sister herb
12-28-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
I want to change the world!

But it is natural to me as I am pasifist and idealist.

:D

GuestFellow
12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I want to change the world!
:sl:

Change, change, change, we will have CHANGE! *throws pennies*

Let's change ourselves first before we attempt to change the entire world BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :/

ardianto
12-29-2012, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
The woman died today in the hospital according to swedish news.
It's true. She died in Mount Elizabeth hospital, Singapore. :cry:

QueenofHerts
12-29-2012, 02:33 AM
I feel so sad about this.

Perseveranze
12-29-2012, 04:38 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Shocking to say the least. I have heard of worst cases, such as this Japanese girl who went through torture for 44 days after being locked up in a house [by teenagers/young adults sadly...] - and she eventually died from basically just being continuously raped, beaten, burned etc.

[video removed]

But I must mention, had this been in a "Muslim society" or the perpetrators been Muslim, then believe that religion and stereotypes would've been dragged right into it.

Ali_008
12-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Brother Perseveranze, I know about the case. Please remove that video, because when I had read about it, I couldn't get it out of my head for over a month. She definitely suffered the worst treatment humanly possible. I haven't seen the video, but I know for a fact that the entire case is too graphic. It is not the time to make comparisons between which case was worse. Please take it off.

The girl passed away. :cry:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/vi...ngapore-310939

Signor
12-29-2012, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
The girl passed away.
I don't celebrate death but in cases like this where you are not in living ones or the dying ones,Allah came with what best suited for her.

seokochin
12-29-2012, 10:15 AM
This morning she is dead.
Allah..!

Ali_008
12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Sexual crimes in India haven't stopped even now as right on the day of the girl's death, another similar molestation case has been reported.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/a...lhi-bus-311289

And nobody even wants to hear the effect of hijab and banning immodest clothing.

QueenofHerts
12-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Agree with Sanefellow.

Indian Bro
12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
As-salamu alaykum

When I spoke to my friends about this issue they suggested that the accused be brutally tortured and killed. I suggested that they be publicly hanged because this would shake the spine of every male witness, knowing that "If I commit this crime, this could happen to me". If you brutally torture and kill the accused behind closed doors then how on earth will it teach a lesson to the public. And rape and other crimes are quite a common theme in India since this country is so corrupted due to the wrong people existing within the Government. A small bribe can get you away with murder these days, this is the world we live in. These people don't believe they will be accountable for their actions and don't think they are being watched.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path.
السلام عليكم

LauraS
12-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Sexual crimes in India haven't stopped even now as right on the day of the girl's death, another similar molestation case has been reported.

And nobody even wants to hear the effect of hijab and banning immodest clothing.
But do we know how the victims were dressed? Women shouldn't have to hide their faces in order not to be raped, this was beyond men being "tempted" by immodest clothing, it was a violent attack.

abcdcool2012
12-30-2012, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indian Bro
As-salamu alaykum

When I spoke to my friends about this issue they suggested that the accused be brutally tortured and killed. I suggested that they be publicly hanged because this would shake the spine of every male witness, knowing that "If I commit this crime, this could happen to me". If you brutally torture and kill the accused behind closed doors then how on earth will it teach a lesson to the public. And rape and other crimes are quite a common theme in India since this country is so corrupted due to the wrong people existing within the Government. A small bribe can get you away with murder these days, this is the world we live in. These people don't believe they will be accountable for their actions and don't think they are being watched.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path.
السلام عليكم
Walaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu brother there only one way to stop these crime and that is establish islamic law and these type of peoples should get death penalty as in islamic law people of these kind should tightened to a tree in front of everybody and then everybody should throw stones to them till they die...

Indian Bro
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
But do we know how the victims were dressed? Women shouldn't have to hide their faces in order not to be raped, this was beyond men being "tempted" by immodest clothing, it was a violent attack.
السلام عليكم

no one is asking women to hide faces, if they wish to do so then fantastic, however, as Muslims we ask women to dress with modesty. A true Muslim man would never be tempted to rape in the first place because Muslim men lower their gaze, however it is impossible for a man to never spot a woman in the streets even if he is lowering his gaze because otherwise he'll just bump into a lamp-post, so men try to lower your gaze as much as much as they can and women must dress as modestly as they can.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path
السلام عليكم

Indian Bro
12-30-2012, 04:49 PM
السلام عليكم

no one is asking women to hide faces, if they wish to do so then fantastic, however, as Muslims we ask women to dress with modesty. A true Muslim man would never be tempted to rape in the first place because Muslim men lower their gaze, however it is impossible for a man to never spot a woman in the streets even if he is lowering his gaze because otherwise he'll just bump into a lamp-post, so men try to lower your gaze as much as much as they can and women must dress as modestly as they can.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path
السلام عليكم
Sorry, I am unable to edit my posts because I'm new to this forum, but I'm down with a fever and not able to type properly so I apologize for that. I meant to type that Muslim men must try to lower their gaze as many times they are capable of doing and Muslim women must dress as modestly as they are capable of doing.

And Allah knows best.

السلام عليكم

crimsontide06
12-30-2012, 05:03 PM
This is so sad :/ There is not much goodness left in the world.

abcdcool2012
12-30-2012, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
This is so sad :/ There is not much goodness left in the world.
brother we know this will happen iblis challenged this to allah swt billions year ago and today it is happening and ad-dajjal is still left to come..just think what will happen when he will come..i am scared

Muhaba
12-30-2012, 06:01 PM
it's a messed up country. girls get brutally raped, children get kidnapped and then forced into begging or prostitution. and some of the women their want to legalize prostitution too. that's what happens when the politicians are corrupt and care about their own well-being and bank accounts over the public.

~Zaria~
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I completely agree.

This week Channel Islam reported on Swazilands decision to ban miniskirts and tanktops: http://www.ciibroadcasting.com/2012/...irts-tanktops/
Its a somewhat strange read - but insha Allah, its a step in the right direction.

We are undoubtedly seeing an incredible increase in the number of violent attacks on women - brutally violent as depicted by the stories in this thread - being perpertrated from younger ages and predominantly in states where hijab is not enforced (however, this is not to imply that muslim countries are immune from these crimes).

Kids raping kids.
Waves of horrific 'gang rapes'.

The reasons are multiple: influences of media, the unlimited availability of porn to anyone and of any age, a general moral decay in society, etc.

While we do not wish to lay blame on the victims of these horrendous crimes, I think its about time that women honestly reflect on what possible contribution they are making to these statistics.

Is society going to continue to deny that men, by their very nature, are visually stimulated (more so, than women)?
And add to this fact, all of the above mentioned factors - certainly, it is a recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately many women in todays society are psychologically primed from very early in life, to strive to be the 'object of as many desires'.
There are many who wish to be the ones to make 'heads turn' when they enter a room.
To be nothing but a constant temptation to those around them.

A temptation that is never meant to be ful-filled - only to leave the tempted one hungry and unsatisfied....

This does not remove blame from the perpertrator - as we have the ability to decipher right from wrong, and make the appropiate choices in life.

But, it highlights that we need to also address as many 'roots' to this problem as possible - womens' attire just being one of them.

SubhanAllah, who can deny the wisdom behind each and every command of Allah Taa'la?
Every prohibition is there for OUR benefit - does the hijab/ niqaab benefit Allah, or His creation?

As soon as we realise this, will we see positive change in our ummah and our society at large, insha Allah.

:wa:

teeba
12-31-2012, 06:08 AM
Asalamualaikum..
Undoubtedly this is the most barbaric crime that any one can commit and we all should protest against it.
However, here we also need to ponder upon whether such a crime could be committed in a society were islamic laws are practiced..... Knowing the intensity of punishment for such a crime in islam perhaps no one would even dare to commit such a crime.. And they say muslims are oppressors of women ????

Al-bint
12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
This case is just one of it's kind happening in delhi. Since this thing happened there have been at least 5 more (in delhi alone), and one such case just happened yesterday -- Again in a BUS!
As far as I can recall, i had even heard cases like an 11 year old child committing the same thing against a KG student.

I wonder if any one read what a woman in India had to say:

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/MP-...28063-NOR.html

it's disgusting! She being a woman actually dared to make that comment! :raging:

Ya Allah save us all !

teeba
12-31-2012, 09:03 AM
here i would like to add something..
no doubt the perpeterators of such a crime do not deserve to be called as humans.. but are we ,the women not to be blamed for the way we go out of our homes without a proper dress code.. thereby putting ourselves up for display in front of everyone??????/

Ali_008
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not saying that the victim was immodestly dressed, I'm talking about immodest clothing, in general. The increased number of rapes in today's world can't be blamed on anything but the acceptance and encouragement of obscenity. You can blame the culprits all you want, and they surely do deserve the blame in all cases, but they are motivated to rape because of constant exposure to lewd content. You can't deny that rapes in 2012 must be a lot more than what they were 60 years ago, or even 30 years ago. The numbers were so less back then because women would be dressed modestly, and there would be no provocation for any man to take up such an action. In most cases, the victims pay the price of someone else's action. Porn is more easily available than water in our world, and we have these so called glamorous women exposing every inch of their body on the grandest of hoardings. They are the ones that incite a man, and an innocent victim suffers because of it.

Such an extensive availability of arousing stuff turns every man on, and some of them go as far as rapes to quench their lust. We need to nip such things in the bud, instead of thinking of what punishment be given to such culprits. Prevention is better than cure, and bringing even the harshest punishment will only be a cure. It will only be a reactive step, not a proactive one. Plus, there are thousands of cases stuck in court rooms today. Hardly are the convicts ever justly punished for their crimes, and most of the times they get away with it. It is a lot like legalizing alcohol, but expecting no one to drink and drive. In fact, it is the perfect example where no law has been able to prevent people from drunken driving. The fines have been increased, even jail time added to the punishment, but you can still find cases of drunken driving on a daily basis.

The inspiration for lewd clothing comes from celebrities, but people fail to realize that those creatures are paid to wear that stuff. They wear those things in exchange for a price, and wherever they go they have security surrounding them. You don't have security protecting you all the time, neither are you getting paid for wearing those kind of clothes. The only thing you are accomplishing is what you set out to accomplish and that is, make people desire you. You are desired very well, the result of it may not affect you, but it isn't making a good contribution to the society either.

The appeal for modest clothing has been tagged "primitive" and "backward" thinking on online forums, but why don't people realize that it was the primitive and backward days when women were much safer than they are today. Mankind is not inherently evil, it is just the product of its environment. A lewd environment will obviously create indecent citizens.

Roasted Cashew
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
No one talks about the crimes committed against Muslims during 2002 Gujrat riots.
What about the crimes Muslims committed against Hindus? Do we talk about them? As for as "no one talks about" part of your comment:

Indian court convicts 31 over Gujarat riots
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...048877302.html

Ex-Gujarat minister jailed for role in riots
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...340950531.html

These protests are about rapes in general..be it of Muslim women or Hindu. So let's not stray away into the past.

Roasted Cashew
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Give me prove that dressing modestly has decreased rape cases?? If that were the case, there would be no rape cases in many conservative societies. We have evidence of rape cases in Pakistani villages where women dress very conservatively. Women with headscarves have been raped. This is bullshit. Yes, women should dress modestly. But please stop relating modesty with rape because statistics don't add up. 11 year olds have been raped...4 year old have been raped? Are you telling me 4 year old girls dress immodestly??

Punish the men. PERIOD! Any restrictions if wanted to be applied should be applied on men. Inject them with libido reducing injections. Stop men from leaving houses after 10pm. Stop making women lives harder...

جوري
12-31-2012, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
rape because statistics don't add up
you should get this book:

although I agree, it isn't just about clothing, it is also the type and style of punishment received. If more pigs received a crucifixion before witnesses in a public square it would leave an indelible impression upon anyone whose soul whispers to him to commit such a heinous crime.
When you eliminate all confounders can you then come speak of statistics!

best,

purple
01-01-2013, 11:14 AM
It nothing to do with how women dress. Rape is not a new crime, it has been happening even when women were dressed modestly. We now have global media and it being reported alot. In fact it is soooo disrespectful to men to suggest such a thing. If a naked woman was to stand in front of your fathers, would he rape her? Is there a special gene that activates as soon as a man see a female dressed immodestly? Yes men are visual but dont they have free will? Just like I am able to distinguish myself from a female who rapes a baby, it about high time for men to able to distinguish themselves from rapists. We are forever blaming the victims. For that reason men, women, and children don't report rape and are ashamed.

Whenever, news about rape is reported. We ALWAYS talk about the female dresses. But I am sorry to say this victm was wearing Indian traditional clothing therefore dressed reasonably modest manner. Don't disrespect male as gender.

Rapist are of a different kind just like those that rape children. Rapist always love that people deflect away from their action to how the victim dresses in general.

Most rapes happens at home from relatives. Now how does modesty relate to those that raped by their partners, brothers and fathers etc?

purple
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Even if every female were to dress modestly that still wouldn't be enough for most people. Even if we were to cover our faces that still wouldn't be enough. We would then be blamed for simply being present. How can our men be amir and the only potential person to be a leader if they are that weak? Go as far as rape for lust? If even they can get for free with their partners or a *****?

And why don't we use the same logic when men or children are raped. It is amusing how we use this recycle logic towards female only. I would understand the logic if it was about harassment but rape. Force sexual intercourse supposedly by dressing immodestly. And these are the same men that complain society don't respect because of feminism. But why should we respect men if they can't help themselves but rape another human being? Why should I trust you at all even with my children?

So if you want to continue to use this logic that you can be a potential rapist then I am sorry but of course you shouldn't be respected. Of course, you shouldn't be able talk to a stranger child or women in general. Does it also make it acceptable or understandable for husband to have force sexual intercourse with his wife since she is dressed immodestly? I thought so...

Cabdullahi
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
A. Dressing modestly
B. Lowering the gaze
C. Proper punishment for sexual assault/rape

If any of the above are missing it is likely that rape will occur. In the west, the aforementioned things are mostly absent. In some Muslim countries A and C might be present but B is lacking, and if men are not lowering their gaze by watching the filthiest of videos of simulated rape and abuse then rape will occur, check this
pakistan maintains top slot in google search for sex

Quote by Ted Bundy
Before we go any further, it is important to me that people believe what I'm saying. I'm not blaming pornography. I'm not saying it caused me to go out and do certain things. I take full responsibility for all the things that I've done. That's not the question here. The issue is how this kind of literature contributed and helped mold and shape the kinds of violent behavior....

Once you become addicted to it, and I look at this as a kind of addiction, you look for more potent, more explicit, more graphic kinds of material. Like an addiction, you keep craving something which is harder and gives you a greater sense of excitement, until you reach the point where the pornography only goes so far - that jumping off point where you begin to think maybe actually doing it will give you that which is just beyond reading about it and looking at it.

Indian Bro
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Wow, no one is saying rape will be abolished if women start dressing modestly. It's like Allah forbid us to consume alcohol but you're saying "But I'm not drinking enough to get drunk so nothing bad will happen to me" - True, I know many people till today who drink till they get smashed and are still alive but NONE of these people can deny that when you consume alcohol it INCREASES THE RISK of getting drunk which INCREASES THE RISK of getting into a road-accident or any other evil act which a drunk person can commit. I'm highlighting the important words: increases the risk. Same applies to women to dress modestly, we're not saying if you dress modestly you're immune to rape, but how can you deny that if you don't dress modestly it doesn't INCREASE THE RISK of getting raped? And If everyone in the world followed what Allah told us to do in the Qur'aan, I can say 100% there will be NO rapes in the world because no man would glance at a woman in the first place as Allah ordered the man first to lower the gaze THEN ordered to dress modestly. So if men lower their gaze upon seeing a woman and women dress modestly, I can promise you there will be NO rapes.

Cabdullahi
01-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Wow, no one is saying rape will be abolished if women start dressing modestly. It's like Allah forbid us to consume alcohol but you're saying "But I'm not drinking enough to get drunk so nothing bad will happen to me" - True, I know many people till today who drink till they get smashed and are still alive but NONE of these people can deny that when you consume alcohol it INCREASES THE RISK of getting drunk which INCREASES THE RISK of getting into a road-accident or any other evil act which a drunk person can commit. I'm highlighting the important words: increases the risk. Same applies to women to dress modestly, we're not saying if you dress modestly you're immune to rape, but how can you deny that if you don't dress modestly it doesn't INCREASE THE RISK of getting raped? And If everyone in the world followed what Allah told us to do in the Qur'aan, I can say 100% there will be NO rapes in the world because no man would glance at a woman in the first place as Allah ordered the man first to lower the gaze THEN ordered to dress modestly. So if men lower their gaze upon seeing a woman and women dress modestly, I can promise you there will be NO rapes.
Soldier!, we just want sisters to understand that we are being mentally sabotaged with high-octane images, it might not affect them but it affects us. We are not blaming these images for the rape's that occur, rather the rapist must take full responsibility for their actions, however, to have a clean society, both men and women must do their jobs according to what the quran has stated.

LauraS
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by teeba
here i would like to add something..
no doubt the perpeterators of such a crime do not deserve to be called as humans.. but are we ,the women not to be blamed for the way we go out of our homes without a proper dress code.. thereby putting ourselves up for display in front of everyone??????/
But what about the girl on the bus, was she dressed immodestly? This happened anyway and would probably have happened no matter how she was dressed. What are we saying, that men have no control over themselves?

Go to a beach here in the west and women are wandering around in their swimming clothes but they aren't having to fight off attacks from violent men and I would say this girl from India was dressed a lot more modestly. It seems to me to problem in India lies with the fact the law favours the men more than the women, you only have to read the story about the policemen who tried to encourage the teenager to marry her rapist. The men are getting away with it and it seems that to be raped is something of shame for the women rather than that they are victims. It used to be the case in the UK around 40 years ago, if a woman was raped the police looked more at how she provoked it rather than blaming the man. This sort of attitude certainly isn't going to lead to progressive change.

Are crimes like this on the increase or is it that the stories are more likely to get reported and spread worldwide these days? Gang rapes most certainly happened in the past and no one had access to the internet then! Although, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the stuff that can be accessed or how women are shown in popular culture...

جوري
01-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Go to a beach here in the west and women are wandering around in their swimming clothes but they aren't having to fight off attacks from violent men
Generally it is because the women look like this but in bikinis:

and the men have Low T syndrome :)

It seems to me to problem in India lies with the fact the law favours the men more than the women
Law enforcement in the west favors homosexual unions I know..

see I too can make sweeping generalizations ..

best,

Urban Turban
01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Even thought what happened in Gujarat '02 was bad, lets not connect that to whats happening currently, if the protests achieve even some kind of safety I'd call them worthwhile, yet, true safety can be achieved only and only if the Shariah is implemented, but lets not go there for now, there was even a call I read somewhere where a protester sarcastically said if the girl had to be sent to Singapore for treatment, then why can't the rapists be sent to Saudi for the punishment indicating the strict laws that Islam has for the law offenders.

If this had been committed by a Muslim - they'd have without a doubt connected it to Islam.
Wish vice versa was the case.

I agree with Cabdullahi on his points [but sick images man, not needed, I hope the mods remove them], what are the triggers? Porn, and those disgusting disgusting Bollywood songs and movies - but the Non-Muslims won't get it. And in India, its the latter not the former because the Internet is still to get in on a larger scale in the villages.

Many rapes don't go reported at all - that's a different story.
Same with molestations, eve teasing etc.

Only if marriages were made simple, less expensive.

There are many things inter-connected.

Urban Turban
01-01-2013, 04:27 PM
How do you edit a thread?

CosmicPathos
01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
why is this rape case getting more attention than the ones carried by indian army in kashmir? why has suddenly the world's conscious woken up?? How was this woman any more innocent than hundreds of kashmiri women who were raped, maimed and killed by the Indian military over the last 30 years?? Why did not Indian public raise their voices as forcefully at that time? Why should we cry for this woman when our tears still have not stopped from flowing for all of the other ones yet??

A vivid example of the cattle and sheep psychology of humanity.

And those theorizing why humans commit rape, you need to learn a bit more about biology, psychiatry and free-will. If people can fall in love with "feet" to the extent of a fetish, it is not surprising that some idiots can fall in love with the concept of "forced" and violent interaction aka rape. Plain and simple. No need to invoke politics, power struggle, and feminism.

Cabdullahi
01-01-2013, 05:22 PM
But what about the girl on the bus, was she dressed immodestly? This happened anyway and would probably have happened no matter how she was dressed. What are we saying, that men have no control over themselves?

Go to a beach here in the west and women are wandering around in their swimming clothes but they aren't having to fight off attacks from violent men...bla bla bla
If beaches had secure and secluded toilets, add a bit of alcohol, and the women didn't look like john the builder we would've heard incidents of rape at the beach

Girl gets raped in a tent..at a music festival

Moral of the story, men don't rape whilst others are looking on...they need secluded places.

'Abd-al Latif
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Cosmic rape is rape. Whether it happens to a Muslim or not it's a very, very sad thing to happen.

Even if it happens to a non-Muslim then we enjoin the good and forbid the evil and hate it in our hearts, if that's the least that we can do.

'Abd-al Latif
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Also a rapist does not necessarily need a woman who is dressed immodestly. A rapist just needs a victim who just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. By and large the blame will go to the one who did the act because he/she made a conscious choice to do it.

Muezzin
01-01-2013, 05:31 PM
We've now stopped discussing the original post and moved to dress codes, politics, biology, and debating whether or not one person's suffering is more worthy of discussion than another's.

I think we can agree this thread has run its course. So I'm closing it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!