/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying double ra'kat for years of missed salat?

AFR
12-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Assaalamu alaykum Islamic Boards!

I am a recent revert to Islam, having first embraced the faith when I was younger, but falling off the deen for about 3 years or so. But alhamdullilah I was again guided by Allah (swt) and have come back to the fold of Islam.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that one should pray double ra'kat for any prayers missed, even if it has been years of missed prayers. So I have been doing this. Is this a true requirement? I feel better about having missed the prayers if I make up the ra'kat, but it makes the prayers twice as long so I sometimes am unable to fulfill praying double ra'kat, should I make them up at a subsequent salat?

What is the way here?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
YOu need to makeup only Fard and Wajib prayers.
Fajr 2 fard
Zuhur 4 fard
asr 4 fard
maghrib 3
Isha 4fard and 3 witr.

crimsontide06
12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
what does fard and wajib mean??

Ramadan90
12-26-2012, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I am pretty sure they mean the same thing, which is obligatory.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
12-26-2012, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
There is no difference according to the majority of the scholars

between Fardh and Waajib. Fardh means Waajib and Waajib means Fardh (obligation). However, the scholars of the Hanafi school of jurisprudence are of the view that there is a difference between Fardh and Waajib. Fardh, according to them, is what is proved by absolute evidence (evidence that only has one meaning). And waajib is what is proved by presumptive evidence (Evidence that could have more than one meaning).
Partial Source

To make things easy for you:

Fardh are obligatory prayers like 4 Rakaa'h of Dhuhr,4 Of As'r,Three of Maghrib etc

Wajib are also consider presumably obligatory prayers such as Salat on Eid and Witr of Ishaa etc.

Hope this helps

crimsontide06
12-26-2012, 05:14 PM
ok thanks! sorry about hijacking the thread with my own question lol

amd
04-04-2013, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFR
Assaalamu alaykum Islamic Boards

I am a recent revert to Islam, having first embraced the faith when I was younger, but falling off the deen for about 3 years or so. But alhamdullilah I was again guided by Allah (swt) and have come back to the fold of Islam.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that one should pray double ra'kat for any prayers missed, even if it has been years of missed prayers. So I have been doing this. Is this a true requirement? I feel better about having missed the prayers if I make up the ra'kat, but it makes the prayers twice as long so I sometimes am unable to fulfill praying double ra'kat, should I make them up at a subsequent salat?

What is the way here?

Assalamu Alaykum. I see your question is been a while ago, hope this help in regards to missed salah, missed salah in the past can not be makeup. All you need to do is pray a lot of Nafil salah in replace. May Allah(SWT) accept our salah.

Amat Allah
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

hope this will answer your Q In Shaa Allah:

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

I did not pray until the age of twenty-four. Now with every fard (obligatory prayer) I offer another fard. Is it permissible for me to do that? Should I carry on doing that, or is there something else I have to do?

He replied:

The one who missed prayers deliberately does not have to make them up, according to the correct scholarly view. Rather he has to repent to Allaah, because prayer is the foundation of Islam, and failing to pray is the greatest of sins. In fact, failing to pray constitutes major kufr according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions, because it is narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that stands between us and them is prayer; whoever does not pray is a kaafir.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad and the authors of al-Sunan with a saheeh isnaad from Buraydah (may Allaah be pleased with him).

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him). And there are other ahaadeeth which indicate the same thing.

What you have to do is repent sincerely to Allaah by regretting what you have done in the past, giving up not praying, and sincerely resolving not to go back to it. You do not have to make up anything, either with every prayer or otherwise. Rather all you have to do is repent. Praise be to Allaah, whoever repents, Allaah accepts his repentance. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin at all.”

You have to be sincere in your repentance, and take stock of yourself, and strive to offer prayers regularly on time in congregation. And you have to ask Allaah to forgive what you have done, and do a lot of righteous deeds, and be optimistic, for Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”

[Ta-Ha 20:82]

After mentioning shirk, murder and zina (adultery) in Soorat al-Furqaan, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Furqaan 25:68]

We ask Allaah to guide us and you, to make our repentance sound and help us to remain constant in doing good. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 10/329, 330

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/72216

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!