/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why did you start following Islam (properly)?

Indian Bro
01-01-2013, 07:57 PM
As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

I would just like to ask you guys why you started following Islam?

I'll start first...

I was born and raised by a Muslim family who taught me everything about Islam but throughout my life I never cared to follow it, if they told me a hadith i'd take it from one ear and remove it from the other and I never used to pray, etc, etc... But one day while I was riding my bike I thought - if Allah willed, he could take my life at this very moment! Even if i ride as carefully as I possibly can, I can't control others driving around me... And what have I done throughout my life? Surely if Allah wills the Hell fire is my fate if I keep carrying on living like this! From that point till today I've been following Islam...b

What about you guys?

السلام عليكم

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
specs
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Walaykum asalaam brother. Something happened to me about 2 months ago and since then I've started praying. Something that really hurt me and made me turn to Allah for good. I did pray before too but not all the time, I used to miss my prayers and not make up for them. But now if I miss prayers due to work etc I always make up for them. I'm trying my best to be a good muslim.

Iqra101
01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I started following the Quran and Islam after 9/11. People assumed much of Islam in the Western Country, which was wrong and learning Islam personally helped me not only explain things to myself but to others what Islam really is. Ignorance is no excuse not to learn and teach others the reality of what things truly are.

Qurratul Ayn
01-01-2013, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqra101
Ignorance is no excuse not to learn and teach others the reality of what things truly are.
Very true, my dear sister...

"To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step towards knowledge"
Benjamin Disraeli

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
:wasalamex

Because it made the most sense. I had a terrible life before 2006, born a Muslim but hardly knew a thing about Islam. Made two friends then who introduced me to Islam. Hated them in the beginning for it, but Allah softened my heart, and I realized what pleasure I had been missing out on. Frankly, Islam is the most logical thing to me. Every principle and command has so much meaning and wisdom behind it that it is stupid not to follow it once you know it. I also have to give credit to Dr. Zakir Naik as well apart from my two friends who made understanding Islam so easy for me. When it came to religion, I always had the question why should any religion be followed when they just create divisions. Dr. Zakir Naik's lectures gave me such a wonderful explanation of every major religion, and how all of them point to Islam one way or the other.

Innocent Soul
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I was born and raised by a Muslim family who taught me Islam but I was young and didn't knew the meaning behind it.

When I joined an Islamic forum just for being with people of the same religion. I started reading so many articles and came to know the real beauty of Islam and that it was not merely worshiping Allah but believing in Him. Quran and hadith made me believe that we can follow the instructions given by Allah in every aspect of our life. A high Imaan gave me a strength to deal with the difficulties and thank Allah for the blessings.

Sometimes I came to know how many members in our forum are so religious then I realized how unaware I was about my own religion. It motivated me to be how Allah wanted me to be and try to help others and do good to anyone anywhere just for the sake of Allah. Slowly as I was determined I have become an improved person but still we have to strive to be the one who makes Allah happy.

Periwinkle18
01-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Assalam o alikum

Hmm well I was born muslim buh my parents weren't that practicing didnt know abt islam tht much i just knew we were different, i started following islam properly wen we shifted to paki land thats wen i learnt abt islam and wht it meant n Allah just gave me hidayyah alhumdulilah.

May Allah keep all of us guided on the right path ameen

Iceee
01-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Was born and raised Sunni Muslim. My grandfather Inshallah with hard work became a hafiz and I started going to madressa at 4 years old until I was 17. Family never forced me to go to the local masjid to pray... I chose myself.

format_quote Originally Posted by Indian Bro
As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

I would just like to ask you guys why you started following Islam?

السلام عليكم

To answer your question as to what enlightened me to follow Islam some more... Well.
I see a lot of friends doing things (drinking, drugs etc.) which has gotten them killed.
I see parents who get divorced? Why? Because they don't believe in religion much.
I see families broken apart (murder) because they have no religion to tell them right from wrong.

I see many many things in life... Islam is REALLY REALLY helping me. Alhumdulillah that is why I believe Islam is the cure for all the wrong-doings.

abcdcool2012
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
few months back something happened to me i do not know what was that..hmm as much i remember i listened to qur'an in my mother toubng and when i heard about jahannam and its punishment i became scared and from then may be i started reading more and more salah..i am thankful to my rab for guiding me and my brothers and sisters me and my freinds are going to do for this pious deen insha allah by educating peoples sunnah way...pray for me jazakallah khairan

ImadhNasir
01-06-2013, 02:30 AM
All praise is due to Allah, who chose us from many and guided us to the right path.It was when i was working in a book shop with two brothers who practice.and they used to listen to lectures, almost always.and it just happened. without me knowing.Alhamdhlillah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!