/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bothers and Sisters, please help me. Jazaakoum Allah khayran

amin22
01-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Salam Borthers and Sisters,

I am a born muslim who married a non-Muslim woman. I did not practice my religion that much so I was not careful enough looking at the validity of my marriage. My wife comes from a christian family, however when I married her, she mentioned that she does not go to church anymore because she does not believe that Jesus was the son of GOD or any of the concepts of trinity. However, she says she believes in a powerful one god who controls everything, and prays to him every day.

Today I am trying to be a better Muslim so the validity of my marriage is at sake.

What I know is that she prays to God, one God but does not entitle herself to any religion. I repeat, she prays for one GOD so no idolatery is hapenning. Now, I find myself with a definition of Ahl-al-kitab (people of the book), I don't know if she meets or not the requirement. Am I living in sin?

She says also that she believes that God sent messengers and prophets to humanity, but do not give details on that, she likes to have her faith to one GOD as a private matter. So can she be considered as people of the book? or am I living in sin?

Today, she reads the quran to know the truth but nothing but Allah guarantee that she will become muslim, so I have a dilemma too.

Could you please let me know what you think, I will really apPreciate, wa jazakoum Allah khayrane.

Thank you again brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-02-2013, 04:04 AM
:wa:

bro , if possible , ask a Mufti . Can u contact the Imam of ur local mosque ?

Muslim men are allowed to marry chaste Jewish and Christian women . If ur wife was not a practicising Christian but from a Christian background and now no more believe in any specific religion , then she is not fulfilling the condition mentioned in Quran .

But still talk to a Mufti and keep doing dawah to ur wife . May Allah help her to find the Truth.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I dont think anyone on this forum is qualified to advise you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!