/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite iPHONE APP?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
What is it? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
The new new new new new new new new EyePhone. =)

Naeema
01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
ASA,

My favorite is:
Muslim Kids Series: Dua
Cute and friendly. Not just for kids.

Scimitar
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Mines is ... oh wait, me don't have an i-phone. Me have a phone that makes and receives phone calls and can do text messaging whoohoo. Nokia, connecting people... T-Mobile, making Nokia's job harder than it should be. +o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
nokia e6...no iphone and no apps apart from whatsapp and opera mini web browser

Scimitar
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
whoa, that's better than my c3... which is, let's face it, a very confused phone which has buttons and a touch screen, and browses net like it belongs in the early 90's or something. blueh.

I can't even what's app up my phone... and opera mini browser looks pretty, but works like pretty dumb on my phone.

glo
01-02-2013, 07:10 PM
iPHONE APP???

Here is MY phone:

From 2005 ... I guess that makes it a classic! ;D

Cabdullahi
01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Don't follow the hype, you do not need a phone which allows you to browse the net like a desktop computer, play games, watch videos, check recipes and knitting guides.

You will lose a part of your life by purchasing a smartphone.

Mr.President
01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
^ android fanboy ! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
i didnt realise i created a discussion thread about whether or not an iphone is productive

i got one since my i had been carrying a craked screen phone for a year and a half and trust me its good.

so i gess we can either turn this thread empty or contribute positively

Ali_008
01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Android > iPhone :shade:

_Y168
01-02-2013, 10:01 PM
That's gotta be بوابة الحرمين! :)

mnagaria
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I am new to the forum and since I am an app developer I am going to ofcourse like my own app

Its Salat Helper, the best app that helps you learn how to pray salat with prayer timings !!!

I cant post any links yet as I am new but you can search Salat Helper on itunes and you will see it

Signor
07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't have a smart phone and still using 'dumb' phone;D

So favoritism of an app never arises

UmmuShaheed
07-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
My favorite app is Qamardeen or Husnul Muslim. I always use it
I personally have a samsung galaxy s3 but love the classics.
And I agree! you do loose a part of yourself

phylly9
07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
whats app is my favorite app

phylly9
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Viber and Imo is also good.

Scimitar
07-05-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm surprised no one noticed that I develop android and iphone apps for a living, yet I dont own a smart phone *enter faceplam here* :D

Scimi

zoron
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I dont have an iPhone, but i have an android, and my favorite app is the english Dictionary, very helping me to translate something i dont know.
Btw, if you have an iPhone, can you give your iPhone to me so i can say and show off to my friends that i have "YourPhone", or we can call it yPhone,
Do you understand the joke my friend? :)

~Zaria~
07-06-2013, 07:00 AM
:sl:

A few beneficial apps:

QuranExplorer:
If you are trying to memorise the Quraan/ certain surahs, then this app is very helpful, alhmadulillah.
It allows you to have individual ayaa to be repeated (as many times as you like), or you can have the entire surah on repeat.
There are many recitors to chose from (so it feels like you have the likes of, e.g. Sheikh Mishary Al Afasy, teaching you the correct tajweed as you learn : ) ), and the app has recently been updated to include tafseer from Mufti Taqi Usmani.

(If you do not have an I-product, they also have a website: http://www.quranexplorer.com/ )

myDuaa
This app contains the entire 'Fortress of a Muslim' Kitab - with duaas to be recited each day, and at different occasions.
It also contains the duaas in audio format if you have difficulty reading in arabic.
(This particular app comes for a very small price, but it is absolutely worth it, alhamdullilah)

QamarDeen
This app allows you to keep track of your salaah, Quraan, sadaqah and fasting each day, and it allows you to monitor your progress week-by-week/ over the entire year by means of graphs for each act of ibaadat.
I hope they update this app to include more Nafl acts, in shaa Allah.

Allah
An app with the 99 names of Allah, their basic as well as extended meanings and benefits.
Also has audio play-back.

Al-Quran
Contains the entire Quraan in arabic and english translation, Tafsir by Ibn Kathir, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

Quran Study
If you are studying Arabic, then this is a very useful app alhamdulillah.
It provides word-for-word translation as well as the root-derivations for each word and mentions how many times that particular word is found in the Quran.
(The full version comes at a small cost.)

Many of these apps are available on android as well.

If we use the blessings that Allah Taa'la has provided us, by means of technology, then in shaa Allah, they can become the means of increasing our deeni knowledge and drawing towards Allah.

However if we use these same means to waste our time on e.g. social networks, useless apps that do not serve any benefit towards our Aakhirah, then we will be instead using Allahs blessings to incur His displeasure.

May Allah guide us towards all that is good and pleasing to Him.
Ameen

:wa:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2013, 11:19 AM
i have a new favourite:

QuranMajeed - Abdul Basit edition

its more beneficial then anything ive got atm.

Periwinkle18
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Don't have an I phone I've got an android I don't have a favorite app as such I've been playing angry birds a lot :p

I like the qamardeen app, iQuran ,paint for friends and the 13 line Quran app. The new updated Skype app is nice.

I've got tons of apps for my nephew though he's 1.5 n knows how to use a smart phone he's the one who usually playing.

Intagram is good too.

Lol don't have a favorite though.

Oh n I like whatsapp n viber too :p

Periwinkle18
07-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Wish I had Quran explorer buh it's not for Android users

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2013, 12:28 PM
your right thats a shame. for someone whos trying to master their tajweed correctly its brilliant cor practise but my teacher says the best thing to do is read quran with tajweed in mind.

tajweed and arabic are my priorities atm and i have over 50 apps to that affect lol

may Allah reward those developers

Scimitar
07-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know of a Muslim charity organisation that could do with an App for free? We'll develop it for android and iphone so it will be available for both in sha Allah...

...last week, i contacted Ummah Welfare Trust to offer them an app, but they've already got a brother developing one for them masha-Allah.

Let me know if you have any ideas in sha Allah.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!