/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to Islam :)

Jslayton
01-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Hello all,

I am new to Islam, On Friday when I visit the local mosque/masjid here where I live I will more than likey say shandah, and revert to Islam. I am female and have arranged to meet a sister there. I feel very nervous as I do not know what to expect, I do not own a dress or hijab, but plan to where clothing that covers all but hands and head. (pants, polo shirt, longsleeve shirt under polo shirt). I am wondering should I bring a Quran with me, is this customary ? I have a Quran that I borrowed from the Library while waiting for a free copy of Quran to be shipped to me :). Thanks for any advice :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KnockKnock
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Peace be on to you sister
All praise and thanks for the Creator for guiding you to Islam. It is such an awesome blessing and nothing can be ever compared to it, ever! May Allah keep you steadfast on this deen with the highest Iman. Ameen. I don't think you have to bring a Quran but if you want to, who's stopping you. Also there may be a sister with a head covering because tomorrow is the Jum'ah prayer so I guess you could expect a lot of people! Actually that might make you more nervous :O...

But definitely be prepared for a warm welcome on this forum and Friday at the masjid.
I hope that you have an awesome stay here and become steadfast in Islam. Ameen :)

Peace

crimsontide06
01-04-2013, 01:00 AM
welcome to the forums!

Muslim Woman
01-04-2013, 02:25 AM
:sl:

Welcome to Islam sis :)

u are like a sinless baby / angel , all ur past sins are forgiven , Alhamdulillah.

Start to learn about Islam more by reading Quran , life of the last Prophet pbuh . Try to offer daily prayer . May Allah be with u always.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jslayton
01-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Ive read about 90 pages of quran from cover

(had to learn to open book from right to left, and unlearn trying to read it from left to right as that leave me at end of the quran)

جوري
01-04-2013, 03:48 AM
:welcome: aboard- may Allah :swt: make you steadfast!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!