/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me understand if any job/earnings I may receive might be halal??!!

Aishath
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I am really worried if any future job I may hold may not be halal income for me. I am studying abroad without mahrams at all currently

This is very common practice amongst people back home to send their daughters abroad too even though its a muslim country. I was 16 when I first came abroad and at that time i didn't know at all it wasn't allowed. No one said so and the decision wasnt really mine. I only started finding out towards the end if my degree but at that time I didn't think much about it. I cancelled a holiday I had planned based on that ruling but didn't consider the matter more seriously. It was a time of a lot of transitions for me in terms of me practicing Islam better and trying to establish good routines like salat. So understandably I put it to the back of my mind at that time and prioritised other aspects of islam. I didn't even understand the full extent of this

After my degree I was a bit pressured by family to apply for a masters which I also did and I'm studying that now. Insha Allah I am leaving to go back home next month.

My main concern now is will any future job I may hold Insha Allah ever be a halal earning for me?? Because any job would obviously consider my education qyalifications abroad. And my UK certificates will be held in a much higher regard than any home-education ceritifcates I may recieve. I don't think there are many opportunities for studies back home, although we have a university now, hence why so many parents send even their daughters abroad. Astagfirullah today I can see that this good intention was misplaced.

I am feeling really trapped and I can see now how much culture has deviated from Islam. I am finishing my course this month Insha Allah. How would I go about trying to ensure my earnings are halal?

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I am unsure about your question. Are you worried that your earnings may not be halaal because your degree would be from abroad since you traveled alone??

Perseveranze
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

You should honestly ask a Scholar this type of question. Here is sort've a similar question to yours though - http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=121191

Even though I'm 100% sure your earnings won't be haraam, especially considering you didn't first know etc. I still think you should ask a scholar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!