/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salat

Jslayton
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
As-salamu alaykum,

Brothers and Sisters I have questions regarding Salat, When I a revert to Islam do Salat, Is it premissable to say it in my native tounge (english) until I learn Arabic ? (ive got a few videos from youtube to help me with arabic pronoucation). Or should I just play the videos in arabic and repeat them ? Also I have an injury to my knee which prevents me from preforming rakah as Im unable to get down and sit on my knees, What would be proper way for me to do rakah?

As a sister advised me that for Salat I should write the translation on paper and just read it, as I learn to Salat. Also I do not own a prayer rug, or a hijab as of yet, (I do not have finances for them either, although that should change in feburary when I expect to have some finances). Is it okay for me to go out in public, not having hijab ? Is it okay to preform Salat with out prayer rug ?

Thanks Brothers and Sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Wa'alaikum Asalaam

When I was learning salaah, I read it off a paper for a while, and during my free time I would just sit down and memorize a little everyday.
You can do the same thing. Also you could play the video as you pray and just listen to it and repeat the words. May Allah make it easy for you!

If it is very painful for you to do jalsaah (which is the part where you sit on your knees) or even sujuud (prostration, where your forhead is on the ground) then you can place a chair behind you and sit on it and just bend forward for sujuud, and then sit upright for jalsaah, then when you want to perform the 2nd rakaah, just stand back up in the original position. I hope that makes sense. let me know if you want me to describe it to you in a different way (:

I wish I was still living in the US, I would have mailed you some hijaabs! It is better to wear proper hijaab when going out, and it is required while praying to cover yourself properly or the prayer is not accepted. If you go to a mosque, ask some sisters where they get their hijaabs from. I know you can get some scarves from regular department stores and you can wrap them around just like regular hijab. I've done this a few times. You can even just go to a fabric store and sew up the sides (: I'm sure there are videos on how to do this if you have a sewing machine. There's also some sites where there are inexpensive hijaabs, maybe around 8-12 dollars. If this is still too much for you, let me know and inshallah I will try to help you further.

You do not need to pray on a prayer mat, you just need to pray in a clean place. You can even use a clean towel to pray on (: as long as there is no impurities on the ground (such as dirt, animal excrement, etc), even praying on the carpet is fine.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!