/* */

PDA

View Full Version : problems/Suggestions.

جوري
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
:sl:

:ma: I really love the fact that we can use Arabic words like :ia: :alhamd: and :swt: I am also hoping you'd add 'Sob7an Allah' and if you can make :jz: plural like Jazakoum Allah khyran.. it covers more grounds - also if you can add 'fi aman illah' and 'wala 7awl wala qiwta illa billah' and 'Ameen' and 'Thoumma ameen' not because we're lazy but that it is better to use the Arabic.. especially when some of these words are misused and end up denoting something else.

Now, for the other issue which is, that we're still having the same problems with the forum, some pages don't open, there seems to be some sort of viral attachment and sometimes it is very slow to open..

I think all the mods are doing a kind of splendiferous job.. but I move for the motion to bring Br. ZAK back from his slumber.. I rather his attacks than a forum attack!

:jz:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
I have a question.

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Sob7an Allah
Why put a number there? Isn't it Subhan Allah!?

جوري
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
the 7 is taken to denote ح to which there's no equivalent in English and precisely why we should use the arabic..

you may also be interested in this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/1...vs-thumma.html

Iceee
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM
the 7 is taken to denote ح to which there's no equivalent in English and precisely why we should use the arabic.

Salaam.

Okay I got it. I thought it was funny or weird, now I know. Sorry.
I'm gonna stick to saying subhan-allah if you don't mind. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't mind at all.. it would be nice if the mods turned it into calligraphy though with others I suggested.
It only bothers me when the meaning is rendered something else all together - per the link I included when someone make thoumma into summa thus, rendering the meaning 'poisonous' worse yet when folks right in shaa Allah as one word which means [astghfor Allah(:ia: add astghfor Allah to the suggested calligraphic words)] the 'creation' of Allah or as some Zionists make it 'inch' - better to use the Arabic all together or the correct terminology .. sometimes little mistakes just add up to big ones..

Iceee
01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't mind at all.. it would be nice if the mods turned it into calligraphy though with others I suggested.
It only bothers me when the meaning is rendered something else all together - per the link I included when someone make thoumma into summa thus, rendering the meaning 'poisonous' worse yet when folks right in shaa Allah as one word which means [astghfor Allah(:ia: add astghfor Allah to the suggested calligraphic words)] the 'creation' of Allah or as some Zionists make it 'inch' - better to use the Arabic all together or the correct terminology .. sometimes little mistakes just add up to big ones..

So if I want to say "Inshallah you do better on your next test..." Is Inshallah written as (Inshallah or Insha-allah?)
Is there a difference between them?

Mustafa2012
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
:salamext:

I agree.

This would help us to use these expressions more and :ia: help us remember Allaah :swt1: more often.

I would also like to request if there could be an easier way of accessing these expressions from the WYSIWYG editor like maybe enabling us to access it from below the editor without having to open up a new window.

:jz:

Just a thought.

جوري
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
So if I want to say "Inshallah you do better on your next test..." Is Inshallah written as (Inshallah or Insha-allah?)
Is there a difference between them?
It is three words but you're making it one.
It is in shaa Allah.. if Allah wills.. inshaAllah means the creation of Allah, astghfor Allah, and some people use inch instead of insha which makes it even worse.. think about it!

جوري
01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
'Sob7an Allah'
plural like Jazakoum Allah khyran
'fi aman illah'
'wala 7awl wala qiwta illa billah'
'Ameen'
'Thoumma ameen'
astghfor Allah
also 'Allah' and 'Muhammad' in Arabic would be wonderful as well

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
accessing these expressions from the WYSIWYG editor

we would indeed be much obliged..
of course anyone is free to object or add to these.. I just wanted to say my peace..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!