/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urdu ?

Jslayton
01-07-2013, 02:01 AM
So as a new revert to Islam, would it be wise to learn Urdu ? or should I just stick with learning arabic ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
01-07-2013, 02:21 AM
learn Arabic, THAT is the language of the Quran.

Bint-e-Adam
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
The best of all is to learn Arabic. But if you are interested in Urdu then it is on your choice. because Urdu is 70% similar to Arabic. it is on you. but Arabic is best of all as it is the language of Quran. i am too native urdu and i am learning arabic. and it is too easy for me to learn arabic as many many words are similar to urdu.

Big Ragu
01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
If one can read Urdu then one can also read Farsi and Arabic! ?

Can someone confirm that if one can read Urdu then they can read Arabic and Farsi aswell?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shailas
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm learning Urdu because it's my fiance's family's first language. - A separate pursuit from my learning Arabic.

Bint-e-Adam
01-08-2013, 05:06 PM
yes ofcourse arabic, urdu and farsi texts are similar....

Muezzin
01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Big (jar of?) Ragu

Can someone confirm that if one can read Urdu then they can read Arabic and Farsi aswell?
Can someone confirm why this is such an important question?

Big Ragu
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Well what is the answer please?

Ali_008
01-09-2013, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Big Ragu

Yes. The Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu dialect is the same, and thus the knowledge of any one of them makes the reading of other two easier. If you know Urdu, you can read 70-90% Arabic pretty easily.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!