/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab styles

Jslayton
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Sisters, What are your fav. Hijab styles ? I see there are lots of videos with around 30-40 different styles. Which one do you like the best ? and which one do you wear the most ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
01-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Salaam.

Even though I am a male, a lot of students in my school are muslims.
The girls have a basic way of putting on a hijab, search the following text on YouTube:

How to wear a Headscarf (Hijaab/ Hijab Tutorial): Pink Waterfall

specs
01-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Asalaam Alaykum sister :)
Personally I like to do my hijab very simply, just wrap it around neatly. I don't like doing styles with it because I'm just a simple person. Although I might wear different coloured hijabs. x

Iceee
01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by specs
Personally I like to do my hijab very simply, just wrap it around neatly. I don't like doing styles with it because I'm just a simple person. Although I might wear different coloured hijabs. x
Just like my mom :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lynn4now
01-13-2013, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by specs
Assalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh,

I dothe same simple, but I find when i wear my glasses it moves
. I wear myblack pashmina most of the time but I have a few others. Do any of you ladiesshow your ears to display earrings???? I haven’t worn earrings since wearingthe hijab. I do have a pretty head band that I dress up my black hijab with and i want toget some jersey fabric in a few colors like Purple (its my favorite). I have alotof headbands and small scarfs although being in my area of Texas I dont knowwhere to get a set of bones or a sports hijab...(I have a black belt testcoming) but I do wantto try some of the stylish hijab styles.

islamica
01-13-2013, 11:33 PM
As'salaamu alaikum sister,

I just go with a simple plain looking one. There are many styles of hijab and it can be worn in many ways. Many sisters do it the right way and many sadly don't do it the right way. Some of these hijabs are too flashy, to decorated, too big, too attention catching and flamboyant, and too camel hump among other things. When hijabs like these become an ornament itself that beautifies you rather than conceal your beauty than they are no longer islamic hijabs. A hijab is something that conceals or covers, not extenuates it. And it's a full body covering, not a scarf on the head.

Which ever style you decide to follow, inshallah here's a good reminder to all of us of what the Islamic hijab's criteria is.

1. Extent:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands up to the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of hijaab

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite gender.

5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite gender.

6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers? religions.

Hijaab includes conduct and behaviour among other things
Complete hijaab, besides the six criteria of clothing, also includes the moral conduct, behaviour, attitude and intention of the individual. A person only fulfilling the criteria of hijaab of the clothes is observing hijaab in a limited sense. Hijaab of the clothes should be accompanied by hijaab of the eyes, hijaab of the heart, hijaab of thought and hijaab of intention. It also includes the way a person walks, the way a person talks, the way he/she behaves, etc.

Re.TiReD
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
As'salaamu alaikum sister,

I just go with a simple plain looking one. There are many styles of hijab and it can be worn in many ways. Many sisters do it the right way and many sadly don't do it the right way. Some of these hijabs are too flashy, to decorated, too big, too attention catching and flamboyant, and too camel hump among other things. When hijabs like these become an ornament itself that beautifies you rather than conceal your beauty than they are no longer islamic hijabs. A hijab is something that conceals or covers, not extenuates it. And it's a full body covering, not a scarf on the head.
Jazakillah for your post.

I wanted to say something similar but didn't know how to without offending.

I just wear my Hijab in such a way that my hair is covered, end of.

If you want to make it look nice and style is then fair enough but nowadays you get these 'Hijab stylists' on Youtube and some of them have a new style called the 'turban style'..,Which is basically similar to a guy wearing an Imamah :skeleton: I mean since when was leaving your neck and chest uncovered hijab?? It doesn't make sense to me at all.

So sisters if you want inspiration on how to wear Hijab, by all means check out the tutorials on YouTube but make sure they fulfill the basic criteria of Hijab before you go trying them out in public.

Cabdullahi
01-14-2013, 12:04 AM

ardianto
01-14-2013, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi

Is it picture of Marge Simpson after she convert to Islam and wear hijab?. ^o)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-14-2013, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
is it picture of marge simpson after she convert to islam and wear hijab?. ^o)
loool this!!

ardianto
01-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Hijab style of Tarbiyah Muslimah activist in Indonesia

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JrWgdse6AY...ahasiswaan.jpg

ardianto
01-14-2013, 04:38 AM
There are many hijab style that I've seen in Indonesia. But, honestly, I was so 'surprised' when I saw picture of Alia in Citizen Khan. Does hijab style like that really exist among Pakistani in UK?

Qurratul Ayn
01-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I was so 'surprised' when I saw picture of Alia in Citizen Khan. Does hijab style like that really exist among Pakistani in UK?
Not only Pakistanis Brother ardianto, but across the different cultures that reside here.

It's quite sad to see and is as bad as wearing no Hijab at all. Well, almost...

Back on topic; My Hijab style is plain, black scarf wound around my head and upper body. Simples

Re.TiReD
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Back on topic; My Hijab style is plain, black scarf wound around my head and upper body. Simples

Yeah, I forgot also to mention the above. *thumbs up*

I find it strange how appearing to be big-headed is the new 'in'.

May Allah guide us all.

~Zaria~
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

The Best Hijab Style:

Follow these simple steps : )
1. Wrap one piece of material around your head.

2. Tie second piece of material around your face.

3. Wear any clothes that you may fancy - in any colour or style.

4. Then, wrap your body in an outer garment that is non-transparent, non-flashy and not fitting/ figure-hugging.

You will look like this, insha Allah:

someya t700 1?f40c0e74b997dbb01ce524758e0d04a31382c8af -

Easy peasy : )

And now you are good to leave your home : )

:wa:

Caller الداعي
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
marge simpson one made me laugh lol!

Haya emaan
01-14-2013, 04:51 PM
A simple square piece of cloth folded in triangle
looks like this from the back.. ( wasn't able to find the front pic)

two ends in front side, one pined at the opposite shoulder and the other use to cover the face (niqaab).

Night
08-14-2013, 02:49 AM
I have a question! :D I have a question! Is it still considered a haram camel hump if the hump is natural?

This is the first time I'm hearing about this so called camel hump. I see sisters with the hump all the time and I just assumed it was because they had a lot of hair and it makes a hump naturally when you put it in a bun. If a woman has a ton of hair (waist length) it's not like she has a lot of options. I pile my hair up high and wrap it turban style because I don't want my hair or my scarf touching my labcoat (yuck) at work.

Some of the youtube video I watch show sisters adding big flower bows to their hair in order to make an artificial hump.

Iceee
08-14-2013, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Night
Is it still considered a haram camel hump if the hump is natural?
Salaam.

Please read the answers to these sites: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?108673-The-Modern-Days-Muslim-Sisters-Hijab-Style-(Camel-Hump)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f20/camel-hump-hijab-60786/

Imam Muslim records in his Sahih that the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, said:

“There are two types of dwellers in Hell I have not seen: 1) a community who will have whips like the tails of cows, with which they will flog people and 2) naked clothed women, seducing and attracting, their heads like the titled humps of camels. These women will not enter Paradise nor will they find its fragrance --- and its fragrance can be found from such and such a distance (i.e. from very far).”

Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: There will be in the last of my ummah, scantily dressed women, the hair on the top of their heads like a camel's hump. Curse them, for verily they are cursed. [At-Tabarani and Sahih Muslim]

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post4339203

tearose
08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Night
I see sisters with the hump all the time and I just assumed it was because they had a lot of hair and it makes a hump naturally when you put it in a bun. If a woman has a ton of hair (waist length) it's not like she has a lot of options. I pile my hair up high and wrap it turban style because I don't want my hair or my scarf touching my labcoat (yuck) at work.
As-salamu 3laikum,

You could try braiding it then doubling it up if you know what I mean. Or leaving it as a long braid underneath your coat. That's just my suggestion, though, I don't know what the correct method is for sisters with very long hair.

Iceee
08-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by tearose
You could try braiding it then doubling it up if you know what I mean. Or leaving it as a long braid underneath your coat. That's just my suggestion, though, I don't know what the correct method is for sisters with very long hair.
My Mom, aunts, grandmothers, and cousins do the following braid hairstyle below. This way, they can clean, cook, wear hijab, and go out shopping quickly and easily. As a male who recently graduated from high school, I can tell you that the camel hump hairstyle in hijab is very distracting. Sometimes I get scared when sitting behind girls with camel hump hairstyle, thinking their might be a squirrel under there ready to jump at me. It's very distracting, and scary. You don't want to scare potential husbands right? Then stick to the normal one. Ask an Imam or his wife at mosque for what they have to say about this issue.

See this link for many ways: http://www.wikihow.com/Braid-Hair

Muhaba
08-14-2013, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi

This was how it was worn in Syria. I heard there's a hadith about women with headwear that looks like camel humps but don't know the exact wording.

islamica
08-15-2013, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
This was how it was worn in Syria. I heard there's a hadith about women with headwear that looks like camel humps but don't know the exact wording.
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have never seen: people with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike people, and women who are dressed but appear naked, walking with an enticing gait, with their heads looking like the humps of camels leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise, nor even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be discerned from such and such a distance.” [Muslim]

Ali Mujahidin
08-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I can understand that different people in different places wear the hijab in different ways. However, when there is a conscious effort to wear the hijab in such a way that it becomes a fashion statement, then I think the whole idea of hijab is null and void. The way I understand it, hijab is the way that practicing Muslim women dress to NOT attract attention to themselves when they go out. So if a Muslim woman puts on her hijab with the intention of being attractive, then I think she should seriously review her understanding of hijab.

alya1
08-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Assalamualaikum,
I have a question too :D
My hijab is almost never flat in the back. But the bun (actually not bun, i tied my hair in pony style) which is far from big and not on the top of the head. Is it still considered as a camel hump?

ardianto
08-22-2013, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alya1
Assalamualaikum,
I have a question too :D
My hijab is almost never flat in the back. But the bun (actually not bun, i tied my hair in pony style) which is far from big and not on the top of the head. Is it still considered as a camel hump?
Waalaikumsalam

No, that's not camel hump.

(I live in Indonesia, even in Bandung. So, I know the style that sis Alya1 mean)

alya1
08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Waalaikumsalam

No, that's not camel hump.

(I live in Indonesia, even in Bandung. So, I know the style that sis Alya1 mean)
Awe, alhamdulillah. This is the expected answer :D
Thank you~ :)

Periwinkle18
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Assalam o alikum

Mines really simple that's the way I like it.

I Use a rectangular scarf wrap it around my head neatly n pin it you have these falls coming down in front n Alhumdulilah everything's covered n with the piece dangling from then side I pull it forward n do my niqaab simples.

I sum times wear the triangular one too if I have to go shopping etc its easy to put on n youbdont have to worry abt pins.

alya1
08-23-2013, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jslayton
Sisters, What are your fav. Hijab styles ? I see there are lots of videos with around 30-40 different styles. Which one do you like the best ? and which one do you wear the most ?
Salaam,
For school, i wear a simple hijab. It's called Paris Hijab here. It's kinda transparent, but i wear the ninja inner underscarf as well.
But outside school i wear pashmina, just wrap it around..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!