/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking to meet new sisters In shaa Allah ta'ala.

SisterSeekinILM
01-08-2013, 11:58 PM
As'salaamu alaykum.
I'm a revert sister from east London, took shahadah at 15 Alhamdulillah Allahu Akbaar..
Just looking to meet practicing sisters in London bi'itnillah, been finding it hard ever since I began taking my deen seriously lol :(
Fi amanillah.. x
(strictly no brothers, itaqullah)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-09-2013, 01:03 AM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam sis :)

pl. share ur revert story with us . We have a thread on it .

specs
01-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Waalaykum asalaam sis (: Pray you're well. Aww InSha'Allah you'll meet some soon besides you got a forum full of sisters here :D x

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-09-2013, 04:48 AM
I should be moving there eventually insha Allah when I get married. Just be a bit more active around here, there seems to be a good amount of sisters that are from there :)

- cOsMiC

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
01-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Maa-shaa-Allah. Alhamdulillah
Welcome here sister. Please share your revert story with us. would love to hear that. :)
i am a sister lol :) have great time in-shaa-Allah

SisterSeekinILM
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by specs
Waalaykum asalaam sis (: Pray you're well. Aww InSha'Allah you'll meet some soon besides you got a forum full of sisters here :D x
Alhamdulillah I am good! Yourself sis? In shaa Allah ta'ala I do.:statisfie xxx

SisterSeekinILM
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
Maa-shaa-Allah. Alhamdulillah
Welcome here sister. Please share your revert story with us. would love to hear that. :)
i am a sister lol :) have great time in-shaa-Allah
As'salaamu alaykum sis I received your message but couldn't reply for some reason:/:
How are you? Jazakallahu Khairaan for making me feel so welcome I shall enjoy it on here bi'itnillah :) ma sha Allah tabarakAllah the sisterhood seems amazing already:smile: in shaa Allah I shall post my revert story soon, just trying to figure out how to work this website (me and technology don't get along):p

SisterSeekinILM
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
I should be moving there eventually insha Allah when I get married. Just be a bit more active around here, there seems to be a good amount of sisters that are from there :)

- cOsMiC
Ohhh ma sha Allah I hope you do sis! :statisfie na'am there is Alhamdulillah I think I just need to stop being so shy and get out there a lil more lol *hides face*

Cabdullahi
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Just be careful what you wish for....it's not wise to meet sisters from the internet...you could end up meeting abu abdullah from nigeria instead of umm abdullah.

Re.TiReD
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I second the above ^

And on another note, I personally wouldn't respond to a thread like this and agree to meet up, because just as the sister been advised to be careful, I would advise OldTimer's to be cautious too, especially since we tend to be more welcoming when it comes to converts *which is good alhamdulillah* but a person may not always be who they say they are. No offence intended to anybody.

Sister Seekin Ilm, I advise you to Insha'Allah start by going to the East London Masjid in Whitechapel, attend the talks and events and insha'Allah you'll meet lots of lovely sisters, it will be difficult at first as when you're a newbie in a new city it seems most people already have their circle of friends and are not interested in meeting new people, but if you genuinely make an effort I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

And as for your shyness, whether it's somebody from here you meet or somebody at the local masjid, it's the same thing....So I say start with the Masjid and not online, it's safer.

And if I totally missed the point and you meant that you want to meet sisters online, then I apologise.

All the best :)

Assalamu 'alaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!