View Full Version : Hillbilly grammar

Jslayton
01-09-2013, 03:08 AM
mayonnaise - mayonnaise theres a lot of people in this room

Post your hillbilly grammar words :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-09-2013, 04:43 AM
down yonder / way up yonder = far down that way / far up that way (yonder also means there ie: I'll be over yonder, ya'll just wait fa me nah)

dag nabit = expression used when something doesn't go right

slower than molasses in January = self explanatory no?

How do you like them apples? = What do you think about that?

lol I know plenty more. It's not really hillbilly, more like southern slang i wrecken. ;)

- cOsMiC

unknown12
01-09-2013, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jslayton
mayonnaise - mayonnaise theres a lot of people in this room

Post your hillbilly grammar words :)
Hmm :O what aer hillbilly grammar words?? :beard:

Bint-e-Adam
01-09-2013, 08:01 AM
yups dont know what are they..... :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown12
01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
yups dont know what are they..... :?
hmm yeah maybe its something like this, well for me its me and my bad grammar at play here.

Normal person: Switch on the lights
Me: on the lights

D:

Jslayton
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
hillbilly = someone that is very backwords, usually very uneducated , and usually from the states of missouri, or arkansas.

ardianto
01-09-2013, 03:53 PM

Signor
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown12
Hmm :O what aer hillbilly grammar words??
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
yups dont know what are they.....
This defines them
Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South, often in the Appalachian (Or sometimes Ozark) Mountains and therefore is isolated and somewhat out of touch with modern culture.

The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.

Just because someone is a hillbilly doesn't mean that they fit the hillbilly stereotype listed above.

Contrary to some of the other entries, hillbillies don’t live in trailer parks; they can’t otherwise they wouldn’t be isolated from modern culture and therefore would not be a hillbilly. They don’t eat road kill; many are actually farmers and hunt for their food, they don’t pick it off the side of the road. Also, hillbillies don’t go around sodomizing people, that is a fictional movie Deliverance which has contributed too many of the negative stereotypes.

unknown12
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow

This defines them
Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South, often in the Appalachian (Or sometimes Ozark) Mountains and therefore is isolated and somewhat out of touch with modern culture.

The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.

Just because someone is a hillbilly doesn't mean that they fit the hillbilly stereotype listed above.

Contrary to some of the other entries, hillbillies don’t live in trailer parks; they can’t otherwise they wouldn’t be isolated from modern culture and therefore would not be a hillbilly. They don’t eat road kill; many are actually farmers and hunt for their food, they don’t pick it off the side of the road. Also, hillbillies don’t go around sodomizing people, that is a fictional movie Deliverance which has contributed too many of the negative stereotypes.

Ah yeah I understand what a hillbilly is but I thought that maybe its a type of joke such as 'In soviet russia'...

introspective
02-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Git r dun = Get it done

sohail1234
04-23-2013, 05:09 AM
assalam o alikum
when i was not familiar with BTW, i thought it means Between :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!