/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reg. sister travelling alone - please help

Aishath
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I recently posted a similar thread where I discussed my current living situation by myself in a foreign country. I was concerned about earnings there but I wanted to draw the focus on a troubling issue for me Insha Allah; hence the new thread.

My tickets have already been booked and Insha Allah i will fly back next month. Like I mentioned in the other thread, when I first came to England I was not really aware of sisters living alone/abroad not being allowed. Insha Allah I hope never to repeat this mistake and if I have a daughter Insha Allah, I will also try my best to protect her from such a thing.

The thing is my studies are finishing at the end of this month and I was thinking I should pay the extra £100 and just try to change my ticket to go home asap. I then found out my family might not be in the country (back at home) during that time, and at that time, a male friend would be staying at the house. (it's a long story! let's not go into that). So then I was thinking, if I can avoid THAT situation where it would be me and him alone (although he would only really be in the house at nights but not during the day), I might as well wait until the day my flight has been booked rather than change it. In the meantime, I have a sister living in the same country but about 300 miles away from me accoridng to google maps. Earlier, we had planned to visit each other after my course ends so I stay with her for about 3 days, she comes back with me and stays here for four days. One reason was that I just simply wanted to see my sister and hang out with her, see where she is living etc (as she is also alone in uni). Also, after this, I am Insha Allah moving home so I will not be in the same country as her and wouldn't see her for about 4 more months.

I am wondering given my situation, I would be able to visit her and if she would be able to come and stay here as well for a bit?. I actually live completely by myself in a studio flat. I was thinking since I'm here for 2-3 weeks before I am flying home, I could maybe extend my visit to my sister and thereby spend about 1.5 weeks with her. Please advice me on your opinions brothers and sisters. At times, I think maybe this would be okay as I don't have a mahram anyway at the moment, but then at times I feel like it would be better if I just stay here by myself for that time period rather than committing a sin. I am just having trouble understanding how this situation would apply to me, or maybe it's because I still hope to spend that time with her. I am obviously biased as my desires would be saying one thing which is why I would really value your opinions Insha Allah.

JazakAllah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-10-2013, 12:58 AM
:wa:

In sha Allah will try to find a fatwa.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!