/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mercy and criticism?

Networks
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
See.. Suppose a guy committed a crime like murder on someone. Usually people will call to such guy, just about anything which is offense..

Is that wrong or right? It might be right as the person is responsible, but it might be wrong because we are here hoping for the mercy, instead of falling to the level which involves offense?

Hope, my confusion will be solved. Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Networks; and welcome to the forum, you come with some challenging questions;

The man might be convicted of murder by a judge and jury, but would the judge know all the details and would he always judge the man in the same way that Allah would judge him? Only Allah knows the persons intentions and if he is really guilty of murder, how can we know the truth?

The first two names of Allah are compassionate and merciful, three of Allah’s names are to do with forgiving. Just a thought, but even if someone is murdered, Allah can restore that person to a greater good life after death which means that even the most serious of crimes that we can commit here on Earth, Allah can put right.

Just some thoughts to ponder on, maybe some of our learned brothers and sisters here can give you an Islamic perception.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Networks
01-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for such a warm welcome.. Although your 3rd paragraph describes a lot. None of us humans have really got the right to judge anyone i guess, no matter who it is.

YusufNoor
01-11-2013, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Networks
See.. Suppose a guy committed a crime like murder on someone. Usually people will call to such guy, just about anything which is offense..

Is that wrong or right? It might be right as the person is responsible, but it might be wrong because we are here hoping for the mercy, instead of falling to the level which involves offense?

Hope, my confusion will be solved. Thanks.
:sl:

i remember a lecture from Mufti Ismail Menk, who's my favorite speaker on a topic such as this, he spoke of a [hypothetical] drunk Muslim just outside the Masjid. you hate the sin, and not the sinner. you don't know, that drunk might have one good deed, that in Allah's opinion, is better than all of your good deeds put together.
that's the first part.

the second: even if you pray in the first row five times a day, the moment that you begin to think that you are better than the drunken brother, you have submitted to shaytaan. you may end up in the hellfire.

beware. haith faith and sabr in Allah. have mercy on those doing bad deeds openly, so that Allah might have mercy on your hidden sins.

and Allahu Alam.

be sure to check out Mufti Menk on youtube.

ma Salaama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Networks
01-11-2013, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

i remember a lecture from Mufti Ismail Menk, who's my favorite speaker on a topic such as this, he spoke of a [hypothetical] drunk Muslim just outside the Masjid. you hate the sin, and not the sinner. you don't know, that drunk might have one good deed, that in Allah's opinion, is better than all of your good deeds put together.
that's the first part.

the second: even if you pray in the first row five times a day, the moment that you begin to think that you are better than the drunken brother, you have submitted to shaytaan. you may end up in the hellfire.

beware. haith faith and sabr in Allah. have mercy on those doing bad deeds openly, so that Allah might have mercy on your hidden sins.

and Allahu Alam.

be sure to check out Mufti Menk on youtube.

ma Salaama
Amazing, Explained like a pro!

Yes i will check Mufti Menk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!