/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are dua's only for humans psychology?

new2010
01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Assalamualaikum,

the question is actually written in the title: are dua's only for humans psychology? What I am meaning with it?

When we are doing dua's for something, get we those things really from Allah or is that just in psychological effect of motivations? For instance, we are making Dua for better success in school or work. Would that not be 'just' a motivation or reminder for ourself, to work harder? And we are helping ourself to catch the goal?

But on the other hand, we are making dua for other people, who do not know that we are making this for him.

Can you explain me how that works?

btw: what is correct? Making we dua or doing we dua?

What

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iqra101
01-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Friend Allah (swt) is the All Mighty one and to go on about if it is a psychological motivation to pray or not is not going to answer your question. We have the Quran to prove to us their is a greater being and with this when we make dua for ourself or someone else we know in our mind the the All Mighty one is bound to help. We are not psychologically making our selfs at ease because we know there is Allah (swt). These questions you ask are answered in the Quran. We are seeking guidance from Allah (swt) not trying to catch goals. Everyone should read Quran with Tajweed and with proper Translation.

new2010
01-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Why I am not able to understand this? Why Allah does not guide me? I was actually praying but, I have been stopped it because of doubts. I want to get the guidance, but I do not get it! Why? I have had read that this is from shaitan, but I am doubting even the shaitan, I say, this is just psychology that you shall think it is from shaitan that you are going to ignore it and continue to sumit to islam. But why?

*charisma*
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Making du'a means you are putting your trust in Allah to take care of everything and you will be patient and accept anything in your life. Trusting in Allah makes you worry less so it does help you psychologically and emotionally, but it's not just for psychological and emotional reasons as those are just some of the benefits, it's so that through this you are more connected with Allah subuhanahu wa ta'ala.

The prophet Ayoub alayhis salaam was very sick for 18 years and he lost everything good in his life, his house, his children, his wealth, but he still did not give up on Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and he never once let shaytan get in his head. Instead of saying "Oh my life is so bad, I pray but nothing happens," why don't you do more for Allah?? Help other people so that you can remember the blessings you have in your life that others do not have. Why don't you wake up in the middle of the night and pray and ask allah to help you and ease your affairs and to strengthen you?

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest. Qur'an 13:28

Satan has mastered them and caused them to forget the Remembrance of Allah. Those are satan's party; and satan's party shall assuredly be the losers. Quran 58:19

They are the most wise who remember Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down. Quran 4:190

Their skins and their hearts soften to the remembrance of Allah. Quran 39:23

Woe to those whose hearts have hardened against the Remembrance of Allah! Those are in clear error. Quran 39:22

The remembrance of Allah is the greatest (deed). Quran 29:45

Whosoever blinds himself from the Remembrance of the Merciful, We shall assign for him a evil satan who will be his (ever misleading) companion. Quran 43:36

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shere0901
01-31-2013, 07:56 PM
A life of a real Muslims cannot move without dua. So, it is very important for every Muslims. Because Satan dare those Muslims whose are recite dua all time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!