/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Junmah.....

lynn4now
01-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Salaam,

Guess who just went to the mosque and couldn't go inside.....

If you guess me your right. I want to go but I'm scared I'm won't be doing it right which makes me nervous and I don't want t make a fool out out of myself and I keep freaking out. I pray at home just fine me and my little booklet but the mosque is intimidating... I'm afraid...and alone..help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
:haha: I'd have never thought it was you, I thought it was the other one..do you think everyone who enters the Mosque offers prayers? Just go in offer salaam, go to the women section and browse books, talk to someone sit in your own corner with a book you brought with you until someone approches you..
Not difficult..:D

lynn4now
01-11-2013, 09:04 PM
In the mist of sitting in my care working up the courage a sister came and got me and went to jumah and offered my salaat me'sallah it was wonderful and awkward and humbling

Iceee
01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Salaam.

I would be nervous as well, and so would everyone on this forum if it was their first time going to mosque.
I was born and raised Sunni Muslim so I wouldn't be much help, but here's my recent example:

I lived in one area for 14 years. Currently I am 18 years old. I always went to this one masjid a minute away and everyone liked me or knew me there. The Imam was born and raised in Pakistan and he is Sunni.

Just recently, my family and I moved to a new area so I had to start going to the new masjid which was close-by. The masjid however was very small, and the Imam was born and raised in Afghanistan. So I went for the first time and I was nervous as to where the wudu area was. But the Imam seeing me confused came and helped me alhumdulillah. He talked to me about what country I was from, if I was a student, if I was on Winter break. I answered all and I asked him questions as well. He introduced me to friends etc.

Now I'm not nervous. Inshallah you overcome this phobia.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jslayton
01-12-2013, 03:32 AM
For me I was nervous, but a sister came out and greeted me :) (they were expecting me to show up) she gave me a hug, and made me feel very welcome, we had a few minutes so we went to the kitchen area and talked, and stuff. I was nervous in the prayer hall as I didnt know how to pray.

now today was my second time :) I was still nervous as I have not memorized salat fully, so I have it written on paper, the sisters were very welcoming again, ones that werent there the first time even greeted me and shared many hugs.

all in all the sisters made me feel very welcome, saying to me many times welcome to your new family (along those lines) etc...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!