/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Killed Someone!

Iceee
01-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Salaam my Muslim Brothers & Sisters. Please I need your help on this issue.

As mentioned on my "Welcome" topic, I live in Toronto Canada. It snows here during the months of December to February sometimes. A few years ago, my friend came up with the idea to help clear drive-ways of snow for some money using snow-shovels. Our two-man snow shovelling business started off good. We made close to $500.00 ea in two years. (was 16 years old when we started)

The incident happened last week Saturday. We asked a woman (in her 30's?) if we could clear her drive-way of snow. We said our usual charge of $10.00. She said yes and we went to work. When we were close to being done (20 minutes after starting), my friend told me he will start doing another drive-way while I finish up and collect money. So I finished her drive-way and then knocked on the woman's door to collect money. SHE TOLD ME I STILL HAD TO DO THE BACK OF HER HOUSE! I told her it wasn't part of the deal but she said that if I didn't, she wouldn't give me money. So by myself, I did the back of her house which took another 30 minutes. After completion, I knocked on her door to collect money once again and She then told me that she will give me money tomorrow as she didn't have any on her that day.

On Sunday (last week), I went back to her house and asked her for the money she owed me and my friend. She said THAT I HADN'T DONE A GOOD ENOUGH JOB! She called me a "Cheap Indian Bas**rd" and that I should go back to my country even though I was born and raised in Canada. I tried to talk back but she slammed the door on my face. I was so angry and so really sad. I almost cried.

Please forgive me, after the incident I went home I went to sleep after praying my usual prayers before sleeping to Allah subhanawatala. Every night, I pray that Allah subhanawataala would forgive me for sins that day, to forgive family and friends for sins that they have committed, and give one more day of life to all the people that have shaken my hand as a sign of respect. But because of the incident and my anger, I prayed to allah subhanawataala to do something bad to that woman that called me something bad.

Today, (Friday) I went to the woman's house for the last time to ask for my money. THis time a man in his early 30's opened the door. I told him that I cleared a woman's drive-way last week and needed my money. I asked politely. His eyes filled with water (tears?) and then he told me that his wife died. She lost her job on Monday and recieved bad news by her doctor on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she committed suicide THe man was almost about to cry and I apologized for his loss.

I feel I am to blame for what happened. I shouldn't have prayed to Allah subhanawataala to do something to this woman, I shouldn't have asked him for this, I should have stuck to my regular prayers. I feel so wrong and my heart feels broken for this news. My brothers and sisters, thank you for reading. Why did Allah subhanawataala do this? I didn't mean it that way. Advise, questions, answers, I am willing to read.

Salaam and Ja'Zakullah for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-12-2013, 06:40 AM
:wa:

Alhamdulillah , u did not kill anyone . U made me scared .

It's not ur fault at all that she committed suicide . She was having a bad time and she did not have faith in God to face the bad time with courage - it's not ur fault. But next time , try to forgive those who misbehave with u and not

Abz2000
01-12-2013, 09:26 AM
nice story
moral:
BEWARE OF THE DUA OF THE OPPRESSED.
you didn't ask Allah to kill her, but death is not the end, Allah would have taken her one day anyway.
her problem is that Allah has decided to take her as a kafir, He knows in advance when she'd die and why,
chill,
you can still forgive her.

Abdullah ibn Umar (Radhi-Allahu 'anhu) narrated:

that Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Give the worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

[Tirmidhi Hadith: 2987 and Ibn Majah]

ardianto
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
:sl:

What she had done to you showed that she had personality disorder. No wonder if she lost her job and easy to decide to commit suicide.

It's not your fault. But next time when you are angry to someone, do not make du'a wish Allah gives something bad to him/her. It's not good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
01-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Duas and bad duas do get accepted but everything that comes to a person is in fate. Also it is because of the person's own doings. And you dont know, this woman may have been a very bad woman. She may not have been just bad to you but to many others too and who knows how many people have done bad duas to her. The fact is that Allah becomes the enemy of the person who hires another for some work and then doesn't pay him/her. So just by what she had done to you, she had earned Allah's enmity even without your bad duas. So dont blame yourself and also don't say you killed someone because you didn't. If someone dies with another's bad dua, it doesnt make the one who did the dua a murderer.

جوري
01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Alhamdulillah , u did not kill anyone . U made me scared .
I know right.. I was reading hungrily the next line to see if there were a confrontation between him and the woman.

At any rate next time you should ask for half your pay first and the second half later.
As for her death, well, we're all gonna die- we've all boarded the same train & get off at different stops- it is unfortunate though that not only did she die a kaffir but having committed a grievous sin like suicide!

جوري
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
frankly re reading the story I think they were just both pulling your legs.. she probably told him to say that to have you off their back so you'd never go back there again demanding money & you wouldn't sue them in a small claims court.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-12-2013, 02:17 PM
bro you killed no one

you harmed no one

mashAllaah :)

ardianto
01-12-2013, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
frankly re reading the story I think they were just both pulling your legs.. she probably told him to say that to have you off their back so you'd never go back there again demanding money & you wouldn't sue them in a small claims court.
She pretend to die just to save $10?.

I don't know about people in Toronto, but in my place, people will not do it. They afraid if they lie like this, this lie would come true.

But, hmm, that woman seem like had personality disorder.

جوري
01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
She pretend to die just to save $10?.

I don't know about people in Toronto, but in my place, people will not do it. They afraid if they lie like this, this lie would come true.

But, hmm, that woman seem like had personality disorder.
She didn't pay him yet called him cheap.. isn't that ironic? She just wanted to be abusive, use someone' service and then project her own shortcomings.
Yes some people are psychotic they'll do weird things.
Back in undergrad, we'd a guy who had a relative die with every major exam, I was actually discussing a topic with the professor in his office when again he came with a dead relative to avoid the finals, this time the prof. told him he was very sorry for the difficult year he's had and that he owes him to show his respect and accompany him to the funeral. Well how fast did we discover the lies which the prof. apparently knew all along.
Why do people do the things they do? I don't know, why would she tell him to clean her driveway if she knew she couldn't pay him?
In fact I believe if he camps out of their house unseen for a couple of hours he'll discover the truth!

:w:

Iceee
01-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Salaam.

As mentioned above, I do read comments and advise and reply to them when I am free inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
nice story
moral:
BEWARE OF THE DUA OF THE OPPRESSED.
you didn't ask Allah to kill her, but death is not the end, Allah would have taken her one day anyway.
her problem is that Allah has decided to take her as a kafir, He knows in advance when she'd die and why,
chill,
you can still forgive her.

Abdullah ibn Umar (Radhi-Allahu 'anhu) narrated:

that Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Give the worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

[Tirmidhi Hadith: 2987 and Ibn Majah]
Last night, I prayed to Allah subhannahuwatallah to forgive myself and her for our sins. Everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure we all called someone something bad and then regretted it.

Iceee
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

What she had done to you showed that she had personality disorder. No wonder if she lost her job and easy to decide to commit suicide.

It's not your fault. But next time when you are angry to someone, do not make du'a wish Allah gives something bad to him/her. It's not good.
Salaam. I won't do it again.

Iceee
01-12-2013, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
Duas and bad duas do get accepted but everything that comes to a person is in fate. Also it is because of the person's own doings. And you dont know, this woman may have been a very bad woman. She may not have been just bad to you but to many others too and who knows how many people have done bad duas to her. The fact is that Allah becomes the enemy of the person who hires another for some work and then doesn't pay him/her. So just by what she had done to you, she had earned Allah's enmity even without your bad duas. So dont blame yourself and also don't say you killed someone because you didn't. If someone dies with another's bad dua, it doesnt make the one who did the dua a murderer.
Salaam.
I feel like one :(
I guess over-time, I will learn to accept it.

Iceee
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
I know right.. I was reading hungrily the next line to see if there were a confrontation between him and the woman.

At any rate next time you should ask for half your pay first and the second half later.
As for her death, well, we're all gonna die- we've all boarded the same train & get off at different stops- it is unfortunate though that not only did she die a kaffir but having committed a grievous sin like suicide!
Salaam.
I feel guilty.
Whether she is dead or alive doesn't matter. I only care about my bad du'a to her and only ask for forgiveness.
Not going to go check just for $10.00.

جوري
01-13-2013, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Not going to go check just for $10.00.
Nor should your checking be for the sake of $10 but to learn something for a Muslim should be shrewd and wise and of course you should care if she's alive- it simply means she fooled you after insulting you.
It is legitimate to make du3a of the oppressed prophet Moses :saws: did check out suret Yunus.. he made a du3a in such a way that he didn't wish Allah :swt: to forgive the oppressor!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!