/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you are bored?

unknown12
01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Salams,

Been very bored lately, wondering what you guys do when you are bored? Just finished school so yeah...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Ah I usually think of something to do.

Bint-e-Adam
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
start studying my books :P

Jslayton
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
surf the web doing lots of research on random topics

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
:salamext:

I'm never bored. There is so much going on in life that I never really understand how a person can be bored. There are always options out there

Read Qur'aan, listen to lectures, recitations, do some reading; religious, non-fiction, go for walks, a run, volunteer in charities, go to the Masjid attend classes there, spend time with family, catch up with friends and family etc

Think about the future, ask for Allaah's help in making it a good future, read Surahs in your head...

Endless opportunities to keep oneself occupied

As the old saying goes "the devil makes work for idle hands"

Iceee
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
To keep me from getting bored, I decided to get a job. Then when I got bored again, I got another one :P

I'm sure you have family, spend time with them.
Friends? Ask if they wanna come to your house or you can go their house.
Walk to the park. Chill.
Got a bike? Go cycling for a long distance, maybe through a park.
Religion; start reading the Quran. Pray namaaz.... at the mosque. Never thought of doing that have you :?
Facebook?
Mall? Just do some ppl watching :P

For me, I go jogging outside, rain or shine, snow or clear... People need to get some exercise.

Qurratul Ayn
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity"
Dorothy Parker

Dilemma solved.

(Don't anybody think of, let alone, say "curiosity killed the cat" I'm just saying)

Jslayton
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
A house can never be to clean :) cleaning is a good way to exert energy and makes you not bored since your busy cleaning :P

Re.TiReD
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Read a book, go for a walk, catch up with friends, chill with your parents/brothers/sisters/husband, recite the Qur'an, play a sport, read the news, do some gardening, knitting, sewing, drawing, painting, writing, talking or studying and if all else fails...EAT!

Qurratul Ayn
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
^ HI 5 to the eating Sister! ;D

Ramadan90
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:

I'm never bored. There is so much going on in life that I never really understand how a person can be bored. There are always options out there

Read Qur'aan, listen to lectures, recitations, do some reading; religious, non-fiction, go for walks, a run, volunteer in charities, go to the Masjid attend classes there, spend time with family, catch up with friends and family etc

Think about the future, ask for Allaah's help in making it a good future, read Surahs in your head...

Endless opportunities to keep oneself occupied

As the old saying goes "the devil makes work for idle hands"

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Re.TiReD
Read a book, go for a walk, catch up with friends, chill with your parents/brothers/sisters/husband, recite the Qur'an, play a sport, read the news, do some gardening, knitting, sewing, drawing, painting, writing, talking or studying and if all else fails...EAT!
OP is a male...don't think he has a husband :p

unknown12
01-13-2013, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
start studying my books :P
:O sounds fun... lol

unknown12
01-13-2013, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
To keep me from getting bored, I decided to get a job. Then when I got bored again, I got another one :P

I'm sure you have family, spend time with them.
Friends? Ask if they wanna come to your house or you can go their house.
Walk to the park. Chill.
Got a bike? Go cycling for a long distance, maybe through a park.
Religion; start reading the Quran. Pray namaaz.... at the mosque. Never thought of doing that have you :?
Facebook?
Mall? Just do some ppl watching :P

For me, I go jogging outside, rain or shine, snow or clear... People need to get some exercise.
Nice list :D

Been going to gym...
Friends... lol most are going overseas, the friends I do have aren't the good type you would want to hang around outside of school lol... best avoid them...
Family; siblings be working, just parents at home....

Ahh, I'm dying of boredom -_- want to get a job, parents are so overprotective... I have no idea why they won't allow me; I'm 18 :raging:

unknown12
01-13-2013, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
^ HI 5 to the eating Sister! ;D
eating... I'm on a diet atm lol D:

unknown12
01-13-2013, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Re.TiReD
*brb getting colouring book* :D

Innocent Soul
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
^ Sports is a really good option for you! Get someone with whom who can have a competition. Drawing and painting are things that I do only when I am extremely bored.

format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
volunteer in charities
This is what I want to do but don't get a chance.

Sis Re.TiReD the things you do are really good I'll try them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!