/* */

PDA

View Full Version : best and delicious breakfasts

Bint-e-Adam
01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Assalam o Aalikum.
i wanna know some of the best breakfasts. as i know many basic and typical ones. as bread and egg fry, french toasts. etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-12-2013, 06:14 PM

GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Candy! Candy is good for you!

Re.TiReD
01-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh sis you are more than welcome to join me for breakfast :p

My weekend breakfast is usually - sausages, beans, eggs, mushrooms, had turkey bacon with that once but I didn't like the texture and I usually have toast too, you can also add hash browns.

My weekday breakfast is boring. Try a cheesy omelette or a mushroomy omelette :D

Today I had blueberries with yoghurt, you could always try fruit and yoghurt, or cereal with chopped fruit. Or if you're feeling lazy then chai and biscuits :p

Now I'm hungry :embarrass

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
^ No candy!

ardianto
01-13-2013, 07:24 AM
:wa:

Since my wife got illness and cannot cook, I cook breakfast for my kids, almost everyday. My oldest sons like chicken nugget and ebi furai, my youngest son like fried rice.

unknown12
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
:o usually skip breakfast...

Been having like a choc-chip snack bar with 500mL glass of water + 2 tablespoons of peanut butter... (on a diet atm)

Other days:

+ peanut butter :D

Pretty delicious breakfast :P (in my opinion)

Haya emaan
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM
breakfast cake or chai papa (rusk with tea) a light breakfast for who cant eat heavy early in the morning. and paratha with cheese omelette or tomato chatni on weekends works best. you can have lassi with it if you want or a pineapple juice.

Bint-e-Adam
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
yups. these are awesome breakfasts. but i want some recipes too. as new dishes that can be ate in pakistan too. but unique ones. :)

*charisma*
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I love Arab-style breakfast more than anything. It varies from family to family, but the basics are usually the same (eggs, hummus or foul, cheese, olives, mint tea, fried potatoes, warm pita bread or homemade flat bread (similar to naan), jam/jelly, olives and pickled veggies, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, and labna (strained yogurt), falafel, tahini salad.

It may seem a lot, but there's usually small portions, and we always finish everything alhemdulilah :P

Usually this is what I make:

For eggs:

Shred a medium sized potato or cut it up in very small pieces, fry it in olive oil in medium heat until it becomes soft and cooked. Add salt and pepper.
Add 3-4 eggs on top of the cooked potatoes, add a lil more salt and pepper, mix them all together until the eggs are done.

*Other times I make green onions and eggs or zucchini and eggs which tastes delicious too (:
*If you plan on frying potatoes on it's own, then you might not want to add it to the eggs.
*We also fry cauliflower, sliced eggplant/aubergines and potatoes as a side plate.

For Tomatoes:

This is a traditional palestinian breakfast plate that I always make despite whether it's breakfast or not because I love it so much!

Chop an onion and half a green pepper and a clove of garlic
heat a pan with olive oil (about 2tablespoons) and add all of them together a long with some salt and pepper (If you like it spicy, you can add chilli sauce too)
Cook on medium heat until they get a little soft
Chop 2 medium sized tomatoes and add them to the onions, garlic, and green pepper
Add ground black pepper.
Turn the stove on high until the food comes back up to temperature.
Mix and then turn it back on medium low heat and cover until the tomatoes until everything is cooked through and done.

*You can also keep it simple and just do tomatoes and garlic, but the above way is my favorite.

Looks similar to this when done:

For tea:
(Usually I start with this first)
Boil a teapot of water, while it's boiling add sugar to taste (or you can reserve it and add it to each individual cup of tea instead)
Add dried or fresh mint and let it boil together for a couple of minutes (add enough to cover the top of the water)
Add 2 bags of tea and turn off the burner. Let the tea infuse into the water as you prepare everything else.
If using fresh mint, also add a couple of leaves to each individual cup.

For cheese, jelly, and labna

I place a big tablespoon of each (the cheese is like a cream, but you can use white cheese that can be cut into slices too) on a plate
and I drizzle olive oil over it.

then warm bread on the side and that's it!

Here's some examples of what a typical Arab breakfast looks like:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Haya emaan
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
^i too love arabic style breakfast..

falafel humus foul mutabbal khubz labn... hey you made my mouth watering..

Bint-e-Adam
01-13-2013, 12:06 PM
that are all too awesome.
can u label all the dished their name :D

~ Sabr ~
01-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Cheese Omelette... YUM :statisfie

*charisma*
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
^i too love arabic style breakfast..

falafel humus foul mutabbal khubz labn... hey you made my mouth watering..
I made my own mouth water :D I could eat Arab breakfast during any time of the day and it will taste just as great alhemdulilah.

format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
that are all too awesome.
can u label all the dished their name :D
Did you want the arabic names??

Bint-e-Adam
01-13-2013, 12:43 PM
maa shaa Allah
Arabic is the best cuisine :P
yes i want their arabic names

unknown12
01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I made my own mouth water :D I could eat Arab breakfast during any time of the day and it will taste just as great alhemdulilah.

Did you want the arabic names??
Falafeel for breakfast?? The only time I've had falafeel was for lunch

unknown12
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
oh i should also add, nothing beats a nice platter of fruit for breakfast...

Pineapple, mango, watermelon, passionfruit, kiwi fruit, cherries, grapes, peaches, nectarines mmmm tasty...

*eating a bowlful of cherries atm :D

*charisma*
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown12
Falafeel for breakfast?? The only time I've had falafeel was for lunch
Yeh it's more of a lunch thing for me too, but a lot of arabs have it for breakfast. I'm not too fond of falafel personally though.

format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
maa shaa Allah
Arabic is the best cuisine :P
yes i want their arabic names
Sure, but I will write them out in english cuz I get lazy typing in arabic :P

Fried tomatoes: qalayit bandoora/tamatim

Fried eggs: Baydh maqlee

Fried potatoes: batata maqleeya

Falafel is just falafel :D

white cheese: jibna baydha (there are different types like nabulsi, halloumi, etc)

cheese spread is also popular, they just call it "jibnit kraft"

strained yogurt: labna (if there's no labna where you live, you can just take regular yogurt and put it in a cloth and let it drain in the fridge for a day and you will have labna!)

tea with mint: shai bil na3na3

bread: khubz

Ramadan90
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Green smoothies with oatmeal. Very healthy and filling.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
after reading this thread I cant help but feel every poster is fat, although I am sure they are not.

but my God those are big breakfasts :|

I normally have tea wiv toast if I'm lucky lol

Haya emaan
01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Yeh it's more of a lunch thing for me too,
but it isnt at all a lunch thing for me^o) its a too breakfast thing (with hummus)..:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Nutella Banana Crepe with Ice Cream

Forget being healthy :shade:

Muwaahid
01-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Suhbaana Allah those dishes look fantastic, wow i need to marry into an arab family lol

Cabdullahi
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!