/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

Jslayton
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I have a question regarding relationships, it is my understanding that as a Muslim we are not supposed to date, dating is haram, so How do I communicate with or talk with a male muslim ? (get to know him etc ? to see if maybe we might be a fit for marriage or whatnot). I have heard it is okay to communicate via internet messages. But is there any other way ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
go to this place>>>>mosque and ask the imam insha'Allah.

Lot's of male muslims

Re.TiReD
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
go to this place>>>>mosque

Lot's of male muslims
LOL but that doesn't mean she should go to the masjid and start talking to them

Jslayton: Most people tend to 'meet' through mutual friends, family members or maybe even recommendation and then get to know one another whilst in the company of elders/wali/family members.

Jslayton
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
thank you for your reply retired :) I dont have family here, so I suppose I shall rely on fellow sisters :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
01-12-2013, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jslayton
thank you for your reply retired :) I dont have family here, so I suppose I shall rely on fellow sisters :)
Insha'Allah, all the best sis xx

P.S Just let your friends know you're looking

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-13-2013, 01:15 AM
:sl:

I've heard of a few ppl who were successful via http://www.halfourdeen.com/

I also think they have offline events where they bring people together, you can also look into that as an option.

Edit: I just saw that your location says Jefferson City, MO, not tooo far from Chicago where they're going to have an offline event on Feb 23rd [http://www.halfourdeen.com/offline]. I'd suggest giving it a chance.

Iceee
01-13-2013, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
go to this place>>>>mosque and ask the imam insha'Allah.

Lot's of male muslims
Lol, I get what you're getting at.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!