/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cure for patience and not be judgmental?

anonymous
01-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Especially when people sin openly in front of you. I want to develop patience in gaining knowledge. At the moment I have zero patience. I cannot even watch a youtube lecture for a min and then turn it off because it not catching my attention.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
01-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe it's the fact you have a short attention span???

Try other methods of learning; rather than going on youtube try reading a book or talking to your friends or the Imam at the local Masjid...

or if it is indeed patience you are lacking then have a read of this (try to anyways)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabr_(Islamic_term)

Abdul Fattah
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Aselam aleykum,
- For the issue with being judgemental, I would advice you to gain more knowledge. The more you'll learn, the more you'd see how complex tyhings are and how wrong it is for a human to judge another. (We don't know what's in a person's heart, what he's been trough and so on)
- For the issue about being more patient, I'll tell you the solution next week. No, I'm just kidding. but really the best solution there is just practice. The more situations you're in where you patience is tested, the more patient you'll become. As for those lectures? why are you forcing to listen to something that doesn't interest you? Seek knowledge that helps you, not just for the sake of being smarter. I mean, keep your goals in mind. Is it your ambition to become a scolar? Then you need to have allot of patience in learning things that probably won't interest you. If however that's not your ambition, then look for practical knowledge which pertains to your life/situation. Sure there's a basis that you need to learn like: what your obligations are, and what is forbidden and so on. But there's no point in forcing yourself to learn things that won't help you on your personal path.

ps: yes I realise that those two sets of advice seem to contradict each other at first glance. However, I don't think they really do, but I guess you'll have to make up your own mind.

*charisma*
01-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Assalamu Alaikkum

Be self conscious of your own actions and iman, why the need to judge others?? Sometimes we are so concentrated in others that we become hypocritical because we forget our own faults! If there is something in your deen that you are doing correctly, then it's ok to help others in their deen by reminding them of how and when to do these actions. So if these people are sinning publicly and you cannot say anything to them, then you should remove yourself from their presence. If these people know you, they will ask you what's wrong and you can tell them at that moment. Or if you are around people who are gossiping for example, you can say something as a reminder like "We shouldn't talk about this person because only Allah knows, and we don't want to be punished for saying something wrong about them" or you can make excuses for the person they are talking about.

Judging is ok at times and bad at others. I think Allah allows us to judge to a certain degree as long as we don't become arrogant and look down upon others. We need to judge others to get an idea of who we should be around, who we should refrain from, who will help us in our deen, who will be safe for us, who is in need of help, etc.

As for lectures, well start out with little clips of lectures. If you like it, then find the longer lecture and listen to it. Keep searching for someone that you'd like listening to.

Here's an example of a short entertaining clip:

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!