/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ok to pray sitting in a chair if floor is unsanitary?

crimsontide06
01-14-2013, 05:16 AM
If I am in a place where the floor is too unlcean that even my prayer rug will eventually be full of grease..ect is it ok for me to pray sitting in a chair? I am not unable to do regular prayers, it's just, sometimes I am at a place where its not clean. Also..too afraid to pray outside, if someone who hates muslims sees me praying then they will shoot me :cry: <---maybe im being paranoid but that is how I feel..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Well I can't imagine where you'd be where there'd be that much grease/filth, but you should try to find a cleaner place to pray. Sometimes people will allow you to pray in their offices.

You shouldn't be afraid of praying outside because Allah is the best protector and nothing will happen unless it's with His will. Maybe you can try to park your car in an area where there's some space between your car and a wall/fence, and then just pray in that space so people can't see you, baby steps lol.

Praying sitting down is reserved for people who are ill or old of age, and I'm sure if they had the same chance as you do, they would much rather pray normally...take advantage of it. (:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hulk
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
From my understanding it is ok to pray even in a "dirty" place as long as you are using your mat and your mat itself is clean. That said I hope you're not praying at like a restroom or garbage area as I am sure you have other alternatives..

Praying in a seated position is for those who have physically incapable to perform their prayers in the usual manner. If you have no choice but to pray outside then don't let fear of others stop you. Your actions are to please Allah, not people. Just try to find a quiet place where you don't think people might disturb you. Personally for myself I've prayed at stairways in buildings/malls but sometimes the building cleaners have a resting area for themselves and they might be kind enough to let you use it.

edit: wanted to add that I am just a learner and thus my response is also limited to my limited knowledge. I've carelessly forgotten that there are instances where one can pray in a seated position and they don't necessarily have to be in a state of injury/sick. E.g those travelling/in battle/ etc. Just felt I needed to add this as my response might have given the wrong idea. Apologies..

Abdul Fattah
01-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Aselam aleykum
Also keep in mind there's a difrence between what we consider dirty and what is considered najas. For example, if a place has allot of sand and dust, some people are afraid to pray there, thinking that it is not clean enough, but remember that this same sand and dust can actually be used to make tayamumm if there's no alternative. So that puts things into perspective.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!