/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Dhikr

abou khaled
01-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Benefits of Dhikr
.Benefits of Dhikr

Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, may Allah have mercy on him, said that there are more than one hundred benefits in remembering Allah. Some ofthese are given below:
1-Dhikr expels and suppresses Satan and pleases Allah.
2-It removes anxiety and distress from the heart and brings happiness and joy.
3-It illuminates the face and heart.
4-It brings wealth and livelihood.
5-It leads one to love more, which is the spirit of Islam.
6-1t leads to self-control and Ihsaan, so that a person worships Allah as though he/she were seeing Him.
7-1t opens the door ofknowledge and understanding.
8-1t brings fear and respect of Allah.
9-Allah will remember anyone who remembers Him, (Therefore remember Me, I will remember you).
10-1t eliminates sins.
11-1t removes any isolation between a servant and his/her Lord;
12-If a servant mentions Allah during his/her time of ease, Allah will mention him/her during times of difficulty.
13-Dhikr saves one from Allah's punishment.
14-Dhikr helps one forget about backbiting, slandering, telling lies and falsehood.
15-A person who remembers Allah in seclusion, and whose eyes are then flooded with tears will be shaded on the Day of Resurrection by Allah.
16-Dhikr is the easiest form of worship, yet its reward is enormous.
17-It is the plant of Paradise.
18-Dhikr is the light of a person in this world, in the grave, and on the Day of Judgement.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sidi Naeem
02-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Assalamu` Alaykum,

Let us also remember that when practicing some types of dhikr, we must get ijaza from a Shaykh. This helps one develop their spiritual level and purification in levels.

Muhammad
02-24-2013, 08:25 PM
:wasalamex

Dhikr is an act of worship prescribed by Allaah (swt), and we have learnt how to do it through the teachings and practices of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) and his Companions. Is this not sufficient ijazah?

Sidi Naeem
02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Dhikr is an act of worship prescribed by Allaah (swt), and we have learnt how to do it through the teachings and practices of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) and his Companions. Is this not sufficient ijazah?
Assalamu` Alaykum,

I have mentioned in my post only some types of dhikr. But, in my opinion, you must always have a guidance. Hence, a teacher or Shaykh is required. When we do things on our own, our teacher is Shaytan and we are bound to mess up somewhere. Having the motivation to learn in the first place is a gift from Allah (swt), so we should nourish this motivation. Again, these are only my opinions. Allah (swt) and his Messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
02-25-2013, 12:00 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sidi Naeem
I have mentioned in my post only some types of dhikr. But, in my opinion, you must always have a guidance. Hence, a teacher or Shaykh is required. When we do things on our own, our teacher is Shaytan and we are bound to mess up somewhere. Having the motivation to learn in the first place is a gift from Allah (swt), so we should nourish this motivation. Again, these are only my opinions. Allah (swt) and his Messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam knows best.
In general, I agree that having a teacher is a good thing as it is very easy to become lost and confused on one's own. But a Shaykh's guidance cannot reach a level where he legislates something which was not legislated by Allaah (swt) or His Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam). This deen was completed by Allaah (swt) and we have been warned very strictly with regards to innovations.

May Allaah (swt) guide and protect us, Aameen.

Sidi Naeem
02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

In general, I agree that having a teacher is a good thing as it is very easy to become lost and confused on one's own. But a Shaykh's guidance cannot reach a level where he legislates something which was not legislated by Allaah (swt) or His Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam). This deen was completed by Allaah (swt) and we have been warned very strictly with regards to innovations.

May Allaah (swt) guide and protect us, Aameen.
The teacher or Shaykh is there to guide us how to be as close as possible to Prophet Muhammad's (p.b.u.h.) teachings. Concerning the topic, an analogy might fit best. For an example, there are some things you can learn and do on your own and some things you can't. It is not a matter of legislature, but guidance. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to choose who they learn from and I pray all my brothers and sisters learn from a pious source. Allah (SWT) and his Messenger knows best. Ameen.

Muhammad
02-25-2013, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sidi Naeem
The teacher or Shaykh is there to guide us how to be as close as possible to Prophet Muhammad's (p.b.u.h.) teachings.
This is the key issue. As long as what people are calling towards has its source in the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), then that is good. The best guidance is indeed that of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam).

I pray all my brothers and sisters learn from a pious source. Allah (SWT) and his Messenger knows best. Ameen.
Aameen.

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Can you list some easy forms of Dhikr?

Ali Mujahidin
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bangaliteen
Can you list some easy forms of Dhikr?
I am familiar with only a very few. The easiest one that I know of and the one which I perform most of the time is,

La ilaha ilaLah

I do that because I have been told that to be able to say that with my very last breath is a very desirable action. So I am saying it all the time so that my tongue would be used to saying it and I would be able to say it automatically.

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
I am familiar with only a very few. The easiest one that I know of and the one which I perform most of the time is,

La ilaha ilaLah

I do that because I have been told that to be able to say that with my very last breath is a very desirable action. So I am saying it all the time so that my tongue would be used to saying it and I would be able to say it automatically.
Thanks does Allahu Akbar, Subhan'Allah count as dhikr as well?

Ahmad H
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
I'd like to add that Hazrat Imam Ibn Qayyim (ra) was a magnificent scholar who really clarified a lot of issues. He has listed many prayers for Salat in his book Zad al Ma'ad. He has clarified Jihad's importance in that book as well.

I don't see what is wrong with listing the benefits of Zikr though that are not mentioned in the Ahadith. The Ahadith mention short statements which are elaborated upon by paragraphs upon paragraphs of explanations from scholars so that us regular folks can understand them. As it says in Sunan Abu Dawud, at the head of every century, there is a reformer raised amongst the Muslims. We need these reformers who explain Islam to us and make it easy for the next century's people to comprehend the religion.

Hazrat Imam Ibn Qayyim was learned in the sciences of Hadith and in Fiqh. So he is trustworthy in explaining matters which the Holy Prophet (saw) have explained as well. He was probably just elaborating on what he said anyways. I haven't seen one statement listed above which is not corroborated by a Hadith on Zikr. There are many Ahadith on Zikr. Anyone who reads those will see how this list above is not Bid'ah. You don't have to be a scholar to see that.

Ali Mujahidin
06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bangaliteen
Thanks does Allahu Akbar, Subhan'Allah count as dhikr as well?
Here's something from what little I know:

SubhanAllah - tasbih
AlhamdulilLah - tahmid
Allahu akbar - takbir

These three recitations have been mentioned in a number of hadith. A couple that I remember says something like this:

After your prayer, and you recite tasbih 33 times, tahmid 33 times and takbir 34 times, then all your sins from that prayer hour to the next will be forgiven even if your sins are as much as the foam floating on the sea. Muslim scholars say that it's the minor sins which are forgiven.

Before you sleep, and you recite tasbih 33 times, tahmid 33 tims and takbir 34 times, you will be rewarded with the assistance from Allah equal to at least one personal assistant. This was taught to Fatimah by her father, the Holy Prophet, when she was too shy to ask him for a slave to help her with her work.

Ahmad H
06-04-2013, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
This was taught to Fatimah by her father, the Holy Prophet, when she was too shy to ask him for a slave to help her with her work.
Correction. In that Hadith, Fatimah (ra) asked the Holy Prophet (saw) for a slave to help her with her work. He replied telling her that this Tasbih formula is better for her than having a slave.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!