/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents don't give proper Zakah I'm terrified?

anonymous
01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
My mum takes out Sadaqah everyday. She does the voluntary before the Obligatory. My dad did take out Zakah for what his earnings. But he hasn't given for his savings :( Evrytime I talk to him about it we have an argument. I just don't wanna always think well you're going to get punished with it and live with the thought :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I think you should refer to an Imam/Mufti about it. None of us can give you a clear cut answer. I would have added something from my own, but I'm already facing an opposing opinion here discussing it with my wife. ;D

Get in touch with the imam of your mosque, and ask him whether Zakaat applies to savings as well. That should solve your problem. :)

anonymous
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Zakat applies to savings above the nisab level which have been untouched for 12 months. Not earnings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!