/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feel like im on the verge of LOSING MY FAITH

anonymous
01-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I believe in Allah and everything that Islam says I agree with. But living with muslims today is so hard. Everything is misused. I don't want to be like muslims. I want to be alone. I want to die and just be with God alone. I dont like being with muslims anymore. They seem like they use the deen to abuse other people's rights.

I've even started to feel sorry for shaytan maybe he just wanted Allahs love for himself. Maybe he just got jealous and behaved like a child. I've had these thoughts last year too.

Dont tell me its shaytan putting these thoughts in my head because I dont think it is. I am responsible for my own actions and thought and God will put me in hell for the bad that I do..he does not hold shaytan responsible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
One bad egg does not mean all Muslims are bad. Go out and about with your friends, breath in some fresh air and don't think about that one person who's making you miserable.

Why am I so bold to think that it's only one person who's the baddie? Because you're "responsible" for "your own actions" and shaytan – may Allah's curse and wrath be upon him – after all he's done to you has gone as far as making you feel sorry him.

إِنَّ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنَ لَكُمۡ عَدُوٌّ۬ فَٱتَّخِذُوهُ عَدُوًّاۚ إِنَّمَا يَدۡعُواْ حِزۡبَهُ ۥ لِيَكُونُواْ مِنۡ أَصۡحَـٰبِ ٱلسَّعِيرِ

Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire. (Faatir, ayah 6)

Alpha Dude
01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
You don't understand the full implication of your thought and why it is logically unsound.

You say:
maybe shaytan just wanted Allahs love for himself. Maybe he just got jealous and behaved like a child
It is Allah that tells us about shaytan in the first place - he tells us shaytan exists. We wouldn't know unless we were told by revelation. Allah goes on and tells us more, he tells us that shaytan has devious characteristics.

So, it's not obvious to me why anyone would:

i. disregard what Allah tells us about the devious nature of shaytan and that he is evil and destined to hell
ii. but not disregard the bit where Allah tells us that shaytan exists in the first place.

Makes no sense.

Point is, if we believe the revelation that Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wassalam spread, then it makes sense to accept and believe all of it and not disregard some bits here and there.

Alpha Dude
01-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyways:

I dont like being with muslims anymore. They seem like they use the deen to abuse other people's rights.
Feeling like this doesn't mean you are losing your faith. Maybe you just been around too many bad people that you have high defences and a low expectation/opinion of people.

However, there's over a billion Muslims. Are you arrogant that you think only you out of all these people is *decent* and everyone else is bad? Nah.. there has to be more decent people out there, by the statistics alone.

Keep hope and have husn al dhaan/good opinion. Make excuses for people. At the end of the day, we will be in our graves alone and will be judged on our own actions.

If you feel so strongly, then change people. Talk to them and guide them with as much hikmah as you can muster. Don't just whine and rant: Do something about it. This is your duty, in fact.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
please delete this post

Abdul Fattah
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Aselam aleykum
I completely understand what you mean by not wanting to be around muslims. It's very discouraging sometimes to see the sad state of the ummah. I won't go on a rant here, because that obviously won't help you in the least. Instead I will just say this:

There was a time where I was in that exact same position, where I was so disgusted by the behavior of some muslims. During that time I was also posting on this internet forum for people who left Islam. Asking them what made them loose faith. you know what I found out? all of them had left their religion because of emotional objections against Islam, and not based on rational arguments. We can sit here all day arguing that we "choose" our faith based on our logical arguments, but in the end of the day its our heart that choses. The rational arguments are just justifications that follow afterwards. Afterall, isn't it so that Allah swt holds our hearts between his fingers and can turn it eitherway? It always struck me odd that it would say heart and not mind, since we make ourself believe that we make decisions based on our mind. But the reality is we choose what our heart tells us we must choose. So if you're having a rough patch, just hold on , when things go better you might suddenly believe again afterall.
If you're going trough hell, by all means keep going!

anonymous
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Aselam aleykum
I completely understand what you mean by not wanting to be around muslims. It's very discouraging sometimes to see the sad state of the ummah. I won't go on a rant here, because that obviously won't help you in the least. Instead I will just say this:

There was a time where I was in that exact same position, where I was so disgusted by the behavior of some muslims. During that time I was also posting on this internet forum for people who left Islam. Asking them what made them loose faith. you know what I found out? all of them had left their religion because of emotional objections against Islam, and not based on rational arguments. We can sit here all day arguing that we "choose" our faith based on our logical arguments, but in the end of the day its our heart that choses. The rational arguments are just justifications that follow afterwards. Afterall, isn't it so that Allah swt holds our hearts between his fingers and can turn it eitherway? It always struck me odd that it would say heart and not mind, since we make ourself believe that we make decisions based on our mind. But the reality is we choose what our heart tells us we must choose. So if you're having a rough patch, just hold on , when things go better you might suddenly believe again afterall.
If you're going trough hell, by all means keep going!
Thank you. I only found comfort in your post so thank you. You're so right about the emotional objections bit. Even if I do have emotional objections its not like Im going to turn away from Allah and his words. I'll still follow the rules but sometimes it's just so hard being around those types of people. I don't want to fit in with them. They're wrong and why do others let them dominate out of fear. It's not only this it's alot of things. The whole world is brainwashed. I don't get your last bit sorry. Also are you saying I will lose faith because it's in Allahs hands?

Abdul Fattah
01-18-2013, 03:15 PM
No, I have absolutely no idea wheter you'll lose faith or not. Only Allah knows that. My point was just that, even in islamic text we find that Allah controls our faith trough our hearts and not trough our minds, thus confirming what I said before about how we choose.

Anyway, you're not alone. There are allot of others who feel the same, the thing is, we don't stand out that much.

anonymous
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
I came across a hadith where it says Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]

Im not sinless but if I were to become sinless why would God take me away and create people to sin?

anonymous
01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Nothing is making sense to me. Islam seems blurry at the moment. I always feel attracted by Christianity for some reason.

Abdul Fattah
01-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Aselam Aleykum,
it''s impossible for us to know why Allah would pefer one over the other. We can only assume it makes more sense in the greater plan (life as a test and so on). Like maybe the beauty lies in that we are sinfull, but are capable of somany good things despite of that! That our sins or our ability to sin makes our good deeds so much more meaningfull. But in the end that's of course speculation. Only Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows his own motives.

What I can tell you however, is that it's impossible for you to be sinless, as is it for any other one of us for that matter. And perhaps that's the point of that hadeeth; to lett us know that it's ok, that we shouldn't hate ourselves forbeing sinfull. That our imperfections are all part of the plan. Of course I'm not saying we should be careless about, and give up tryng to be perfect. We should always try, it's just that we shouldn't obsess on failing; and instead just keep trynig.
Hope that makes sense.

As for your attraction to Christianity, is it an emotional attraction, a rational attraction or both? If it's something you want to look into, I do hope you think things trough and don't jump to conclusions. Perhaps you could post some of the thing that attracts you to it here, and we can put the Islamic perspective of those things beside that, so that you can make a more informed decision?

Al-Mufarridun
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I came across a hadith where it says Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]

Im not sinless but if I were to become sinless why would God take me away and create people to sin?
This Hadith is reminding us, humans, that we are all sinners and that we should never loose hope in seeking Allah's forgiveness.

The last part of the Hadith which you are asking about is emphasizing Allah's mercy and keen desire to forgive. So if we all became sinless, which is not going to happen, and there was no one to seek Allah's forgiveness, Allah swt would create people who would make mistakes and then seek Allah's forgiveness.

Allah swt knows best.

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Nothing is making sense to me. Islam seems blurry at the moment. I always feel attracted by Christianity for some reason.
I advice you to keep asking questions bro, to seek clarifications to all the parts of Islam that you have questions about. It may be the way you are understanding is not correct, so you can use this forum for example, and just keep asking questions, asking for clarifications. don't assume just because something doesn't make sense to you now, that it will never make sense to you. As we all grow up, or go through different levels of educations, we come across matters that don't make sense to us, and with time and effort, we begin to grasp it.

Hulk
01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Imagine having two lamps, both of the same quality. One never gets dirty while the other tends to get dirty yet each time it gets dirty you will wash it and polish it. The one that gets washed will be shinier than the one that never got dirty in the first place.

Of course, this is just an analogy and like all analogies it has its limits. It's only meant for you to reflect and understand. It is in the nature of the human being to make mistakes, however we are able to repent..

That said, I think you are greatly lacking in knowledge of your religion and I hope you will start studying.. Islam is the only religion in which the more you learn the greater your faith will be. That is the nature of truth. The cure to doubt is conviction(through knowledge).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!