/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job search in hijab

lynn4now
01-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Salaam,
I have been job searching for some time now and I have been wearing the hijab the response has been less than warm. I am frustrated beyond belief, being so new in Islam I feel I would be compromising something faith,integrity I don't know what put when I started wearing the hijab I did not take it lightly and grew to love it but I am a single woman and need to work. It is a rock and a hard place. Oh and I attended my second Jumah :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-19-2013, 04:53 AM
In a recession the market is very difficult for everyone even in very high position there's no guarantee for tenure or longevity.

have a look at this:
http://www.indeed.com/forum/gen/Care...aduate/t361405

that being said :ia: you'll find something suitable which will make you comfortable & happy.. but I just don't want you thinking your Hijab has much to do with it... many many people share in your frustrations.. Make du3a and send your resume out every where..

:w:

cottonrainbow
01-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Salaam sis!
You are in Texas, I feel your pain because the South is not an easy place for Muslims.
I would encourage you to look for positions in education, retail, and customer care/call center jobs. They all have worked well for me and I hijab. Also, tax season is coming up, maybe you can become a tax preparer until you find something more stable. Also, network with other muslimahs in your local mosque and let them know that you are looking for work-- they may be able to put in a good word for you at their jobs. :D

Don't compromise your religion for a little money. Allah knows best and he will open doors for you, insha'Allah!

Qurratul Ayn
01-19-2013, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
In a recession the market is very difficult for everyone even in very high position there's no guarantee for tenure or longevity.
So true, this is happening all over the world. There are still redundancies occurring, closures of companies and loss of many, many jobs; cuts done by governments!

But don't let this deter you, Sister lynn4row, persistence and determination pays off! So keep on looking, sooner or later, something will turn up :)

format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
Don't compromise your religion for a little money. Allah knows best and he will open doors for you, insha'Allah!
Absolutely correct!!! Nicely put, Sister cottonrainbow!

Sister lynn4row, why don't you try to volunteer in a nursery, school, hospital and gain experience that way? And then you never know you may hired.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lynn4now
01-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Jazak Allah Khieran to you all thanks for the information and support. You all are wonderful.

Muhaba
01-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Hang in there, sister. Risq (sustenance) is from Allah and you'll get what is written for you. Just keep trying and do lots of duas. In-sha-Allah Allah will give you a job. But don't give up on hijab no matter what. This is a test and you don't want to fail in it. Also, read Surah Al-Waqiah after Maghrib (evening) prayer as there is a hadith statig that the one who does so will never go hungry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!