/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-salaam 'alaykum

Ahmad H
01-19-2013, 07:44 PM
As-Salaam 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the Messenger of Allah, the Chosen one, upon his family and his Companions. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the righteous who follow the truth, and may Allah guide those who are not yet guided to Islam but who by the will of Allah are going to be made to follow His deen. May He protect us all from the trials in this life and the Hereafter, from the trials of the Day of Judgment, from the trials of the grave, from the trials of Dajjal and from the trials of Jahannam. Ameen.

I start what I say with the praises of Allah, since anything which anyone says not started with the praise of Allah is defective in His sight. I hope that my time on this forum be blessed by Him, and that I am to benefit from others, and they benefit from me as well. I am a Muslim, and a humble servant of Allah. My intentions to come onto this forum is to be apart of the flow of information that the many Muslims here share with one another. I wish to become more aware of issues which I myself can improve myself in, and to become more aware of how to be a better servant of Allah. I hope that I may be guided to the straight path, for no one is completely on the straight path, only Allah guides us in the straight path by His will. Ihdinas-siraatil-Mustaqeem is the only reason for us to engage in topics of discussion and not for show or for pride of one's knowledge. All Muslims are brothers and sisters, so I hope Allah will bring me closer to my brethren.

Now as for who I am...

My name is Haseeb Ahmad. I was born a Muslim. I consider myself a liberal-minded Muslim. I consider the wisdom of the earliest scholars as the most authentic, and I adhere to the Qur'an as firmly as possible. I live in the West, born and raised. I consider myself a Westerner from southeast Asian background, but my priority in life is living as a Muslim. I do not care for which part of the world I live in, as long as I find it easy to live in. I, and everyone else, are all but people who live on the same earth. It does not matter where on is from, if they follow Islam and do not compromise their belief with anything man-made, then they are guided. I wish that Islam spread to all the corners of the earth with everyone to eventually become Muslim. My goal in life is to learn about Islam and help propagate it's beautiful teachings to the world, after understanding it comprehensively. I am not a scholar, but I consider myself a seeker of knowledge in Islam.

My interests are in the Qur'an, the Ahadith and the topics on Islamic Fiqh. I am most entranced with the asceticism of the Sufis, and consider them to be very close to Allah. Not the Sufis nowadays where they innovate things such as music and dancing into Islam, but the true Sufism which was strict in Islamic principles, and about the closeness with Allah through prayers, fasting, constant Tasbih, Tahajjud Salat and reading Qur'an.

I studied in university and got a BSc in Physics, I majored in it and minored in both Math and Religion. I consider the courses I took and the education I received as well-rounded, being both based on humanities and science. I consider the purpose of life as the doing of Salat. I think that worldly knowledge is best acquired while seeking it in the name of Allah, because when I did so I found myself understanding concepts much more easily.

My hobbies are reading Qur'an, reading the news, studying Ahadith and other Islamic texts, attempts to learn Arabic, watching movies and occasionally playing video games.

I hope this introduction is sufficient for anyone interested in wanting an introduction to me, though they may not know me. I come wishing well for everyone, and hoping for peaceful discussions with everyone.

Wassalaam 'alaykum,
Haseeb.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
01-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Assalam o alikum

welcome to the forum.

Muslim Woman
01-20-2013, 04:07 AM
:wa:

bro , Welcome to the forum .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!