/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Today's Society

Zeeshan15
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Assalamu- Alaikum Sisters and Brothers...

There are people who might be suffering from these problems I will be mentioning. I don't know what is the actual islamic way to correct my self and let others come on the right path..

People Around Me: I don't if this is happening only to me or other also, Actually Im a very loving and caring person. I get close to any one i meet and I respect them and care for them, I always believed in Honesty and Loyalty, and expected the same from my friends and people I helped. But when I time comes People talk bad about me only because I was kind to them, they think of miss using me, They back stab me even when im nice to them, they play politics why are people so mean and cheap even when you cause no harm to them. I have tried being good to them but its the same they never want to change...

Im never taken seriously: I know at time physical appearances really do matter, even though you are right people think you are wrong or support the one who is superior or rich or who is a step higher than me. People come to me when they need me and I'm not even asked when they have nothing to do with me, is this the nature of the world?

I want to learn the ways of life, ways to be a respected person in life, and how to protect my self from suck sick people and bad politics played against me. How can i stop being kind to everyone...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
aselam aleykum
Just a thought, maybe it's a bodylanguage thing? If a person is insecure about himself, it often shows in our bodylanguage without being aware of it. Other people pick up on this , be it consciously or subconsciously and adjust their behavior towards you accordingly...

Muhammad
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by Zeeshan15
I want to learn the ways of life, ways to be a respected person in life, and how to protect my self from suck sick people and bad politics played against me. How can i stop being kind to everyone...
Do not worry about what the people think of you, and whether they are kind or cruel. Instead, you keep on doing the right thing, and as long as Allaah (swt) is pleased with you, you are in no need of anyone else. If you make your primary concern to seek the pleasure and love of Allaah (swt), then it will not matter what the people are doing. These qualities of honesty, loyalty and loving others are very precious and you must hold on to them, regardless of how others repay you. Because ultimately it is Allaah (swt) who will reward you, not the people.

The Qur'an teaches us that,

And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient, and none is granted it except one having a great portion [of good].
[Fussilat: 34-35]

When someone does you wrong, repel him by treating him well, as `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "There is no better punishment for one who has disobeyed Allah with regard to you, than your obeying Allah with regard to him.'' Yet no one accepts this advice and works according to it, except for those who can be patient in doing so, for it is difficult for people to do. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas explained this Ayah: "Allah commands the believers to be patient when they feel angry, to be forbearing when confronted with ignorance, and to forgive when they are mistreated. If they do this, Allah will save them from the Shaytan and subdue their enemies to them until they become like close friends.''

Here are some other teachings in Islam for us to reflect on:

On the authority of Abu al-'Abbas Sahl bin Sa'd al-Sa'idi, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:
A man came to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, and said: "O Messenger of Allah, direct me to an act which if I do it, [will cause] Allah to love me and people to love me." He, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, answered: "Be indifferent to the world and Allah will love you; be indifferent to what people possess and they will love you." [A fine hadith related by Ibn Majah and others with good chains of authorities]

The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam said, “Whoever seeks the pleasure of Allah at the risk of displeasing the people, Allah will take care of him and protect him from them. But whoever seeks the pleasure at the risk of displeasing Allah, Allah will abandon him to the care of people.” Reported by Tirmidhi. 4/34, at the end of the section on zuhd; it is a hasan hadith.

And lastly, some advice I came across:

I advise the questioner to fear Allah, obey Him, and increase his good deeds. By increasing our good deeds, being faithful, and adhering to the Prophet’s Sunnah, we become closer to our Lord and this helps in our attaining His love.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah says: ‘The most beloved things with which My servant draws nearer to Me is what I have enjoined upon him; and My servant keeps drawing closer to Me through performing voluntary acts until I love him. And when I love him, I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, his sense of sight with which he sees, his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks. If he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection I will protect him…” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

When Allah loves someone, He will make him beloved among the people. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying: ‘Allah loves so and-so; O Gabriel! Love him.’ Gabriel would love him and make an announcement amongst the inhabitants of the Heaven: ‘Allah loves so-and-so, therefore you should love him also.’ And so all the inhabitants of the Heaven would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the Earth.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim (2673)]

Allah says: “On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will the Most Gracious bestow love.” [Sûrah Maryam: 96]

I advise you, my dear brother, to practice good manners and to treat people kindly. These acts will establish love and good feeling in people’s hearts.

May Allah guide us all.

http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1611

~Zaria~
01-21-2013, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

On the authority of Abu al-'Abbas Sahl bin Sa'd al-Sa'idi, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:
A man came to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, and said: "O Messenger of Allah, direct me to an act which if I do it, [will cause] Allah to love me and people to love me." He, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, answered:

"Be indifferent to the world and Allah will love you;

be indifferent to what people possess and they will love you."
[A fine hadith related by Ibn Majah and others with good chains of authorities]

JazakAllahu khair,

This is so true.

It is better to have a few, good friends who remind you of Allah (subhanawatáala), than to be the one who is constantly surrounded by people.
The more 'indifferent' you are to the world, the more calmness and contentment fills the heart.

Be more of a 'stranger' to this dunya, and the aakhirah becomes more 'real' in ones heart, insha Allah.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Keep on being honest, humble and loyal to people for the sake of Allah. Regardless of what people do and say. Stop seeking approval from people and do only what Allah pleases. If you take this by heart, you will be a very content and happy person.

Zeeshan15
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Insha Allah, i will start being a lil patient and work and react according to the situation being patient. I hope what you people said will surely help me. And my my believe in allah will help me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!