/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Seeker

Nightingale9
01-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Hey, I am new here and decided to join the forums as a way to learn more and to help me get some answers. I am currently a Baha'i and have been so for about a year, but recently I have met a new Muslim friend who enjoys talking about religion as much as I do. So when chatting with her began t learn more and more about Islam and that began to make me think which is the correct way to worship God :hmm: . well to make a long story short I am not really sure how to put this, but I am looking for some of your guys thoughts and ideals that made you recognize Islam as being true and the last religion or what has kept you for straying off the true path. Also if its not too much is it true that Muslims cant hang out and be friends with non muslims? I ask this because that same friend I talk to in school is not alloud to hang out with me outside of school because her father said she cant because I am not a Muslim. He showed her this verse
Surah 4:144

O ye who believe! Take not for friends (awliyaa) unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer God an open proof against yourselves?

Is there anyway around this or a verse that shows she can hang out with me. :statisfie Oh well thanks a ton guys!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
01-21-2013, 04:14 AM
You could talk to her father, let him know about your interests in Islam.. He sounds strict but he could just be watching that his daughter does not fall into bad habits he may assume you have..The verse in my opinion, has a deeper meaning. All of my friends are Christian..

Muslim Woman
01-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Salaam/ Peace

Welcome here.

*{O people, We have created you from a male and a female and made you into races and tribes so that you may know each other. Indeed the noblest of you in the sight of God are those who are the most pious among you. And Allah knows every thing and is aware of every thing.}* (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

(Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers.) (Al-Mumtahana 60:8)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!