/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isn't It Strange?

جوري
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
When I was a kid, I remember thinking how I needed a first aid kit in case I got into an accident. I did purchase one and the very day I received it I got into a very bad accident where the kit came in handy.
Today I went to file a claim at the consulate for a stolen passport and while I was there I found all those papers about power of attorney and living will, stuff of that nature and picked up a couple of forms to work on them later. Well I hailed a cab on my way home and I was with sis and while we were driving another driver who was making a u turn swerved and hit us, it all happened so fast all I can remember thinking is I hope he hits the front not the center because we were going to be goners, he hit us so hard and the car went around twice and we ended up in the opposite lane to on coming traffic, I sustained minor injuries but was really disoriented- sadly the speed it happened I didn't even get to recite the shahada although it felt like it happened in slow mo. I'll spare the details about the rest of the events therefrom as we were all pretty shocked and disoriented but isn't it strange that I picked up those forms today? the same way I picked up that first aid kit that day?
Are such things coincidences or do we have a sort of sixth sense? These aren't the first times in life when I have had a sort of premonition, I wouldn't even call it that, but get a strong urge to do something and then later have it be proved that it needed to be done..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Salaam.

This has happened to me in several occasions.

I think it is a sign by Allah Subhanahuwatallah... isn't that what you think?

Qurratul Ayn
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
There are no such thing as coincidences. I don't believe in them.

Sixth senses are a part of us, as the boy clearly demonstrates; "I see dead people" or Penny from the sitcom, Miranda (BBC One); "I smell fat people". Hilarious.

Honestly, I think we, humans that is, do have a sixth sense.

Alhamdulillah you and your sister are well. Insha'Allaah, the culprit was stopped too?

جوري
01-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I know for a fact that we don't take a breath save by the grace of :Allah: :swt: in fact I really do believe that life is the exception, that it takes so much to sustain our life, and I am not speaking of what we do for ourselves but the functions :Allah: :swt: bestows upon us for survival.. I do think it is about time I filled one of those.. one really shouldn't go to the grave without making their wishes known. We think we're in the prime of our life, all the while the flower of our youth is wilting and we're making plans while life and death are happening..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
I feel as if I've been put in my place:giggling:

Subhan'Allaah!

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
We think we're in the prime of our life, all the while the flower of our youth is wilting and we're making plans while life and death are happening
Indeed, my sister

May Ayob
01-21-2013, 10:05 PM
I smell fat people". Hilarious
wa'ailakum alsalaam

That's not a very nice thing to say.It's really demeaning and offensive.People who are over-weight already have a bad self-esteem.What benefit does anyone gain by degrading them in this way?.

جوري
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Insha'Allaah, the culprit was stopped too?
I rather think the driver/culprit sustained the worse injuries, I can't tell if he were drunk or shocked to be honest he too had that look about him, we were there for a few seconds before people gathered and I am so thankful to :Allah::swt: that no cars hit us from the other lane either since we ended up swerving there.. it was surreal. I just felt bad for the taxi driver because he was a Senegalese Muslim... I didn't want to make an issue out of it because a car accident is one thing but injuries are another.. it is amazing how people's salaries are wasted on such stupidities at the end of the day someone ruins you or kills you, take your pick.
I don't believe in coincidences either.. the whole day seems so strange to me. My sister kept asking me if we were dead and I said well if we're at least I have you for eternity lols and she was like but I feel so sad for my daughter she was speaking as if we were already dead but I guess strange events seem like movies when they happen you don't really understand for a while what just happened.

Ramadan90
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Alhamdulilah that you are okay sister.

جوري
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
:jz: bro.. indeed when people gathered about us to look to see if we were alive I felt the gravity of what just happened and was so grateful that we made it out with such minor injuries.. just like that life goes in an instant. I still feel like the whole thing was a movie.. maybe it will sink in by tomorrow..

Qurratul Ayn
01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
That's not a very nice thing to say.It's really demeaning and offensive.People who are over-weight already have a bad self-esteem.What benefit does anyone gain by degrading them in this way?.
I didn't mean anything offensive by it, I took it from a line off a sitcom, it was said to another character from a character. I was just making a point. Albeit a funny one??? No??? Plus you had to watch it to understand the hilarity of it... Anyhoo...

I apologise if I've upset your sensibilities. And I do know where you're coming from. I shall refrain from using horrid, hurtful phrases which I don't think are horrid and hurtful but others may think so,

Once again, I apologise

P.S. To all: Apologies for being off-topic

Ramadan90
01-21-2013, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
:jz: bro.. indeed when people gathered about us to look to see if we were alive I felt the gravity of what just happened and was so grateful that we made it out with such minor injuries.. just like that life goes in an instant. I still feel like the whole thing was a movie.. maybe it will sink in by tomorrow..

When something like that happens, it seems unreal as if it was a dream or something. I think you are very shocked right now. It will sink in soon. May Allah bring you closer to him because of this accident.

sister herb
01-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Salam alaykum

Thanks to Allah that you are ok, dear sister.

May Ayob
01-21-2013, 10:27 PM

I didn't mean anything offensive by it, I took it from a line off a sitcom, it was said to another character from a character. I was just making a point. Albeit a funny one??? No??? Plus you had to watch it to understand the hilarity of it... Anyhoo...

I apologise if I've upset your sensibilities. And I do know where you're coming from. I shall refrain from using horrid, hurtful phrases which I don't think are horrid and hurtful but others may think so,

Once again, I apologise

P.S. To all: Apologies for being off-topic
I'm not offended.In fact that's exactly why I left your name out because Iwasn't directing it to you exculsively,you already mentioned that someone else and not you said that.I was just making a point on how this kind of 'humor' is plainly mean and just very humiliating. You really can't smell the over-weightness of someone can you,really?. No. I was just wondering why anyone should derive pleasure from that kind of humor. I appreciate very much your clearing up of what you meant and no hard feelings,okay? :).

May Ayob
01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Sorry. On second thought I'm the one who has to profusely apologize.I already thought I earased your name but I will right now because I honestly wasn't directing it at you.

Qurratul Ayn
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I was just making a point on how this kind of 'humor' is plainly mean and just very humiliating.
That's the thing, my dear sister, why are we, humans, letting negative, horrid words affect us negatively? I never let hurtful words from other people, doesn't matter who they are, affect me. Never. This world has enough things going on demeaning people of a particular size. Look at all the models, media, dramas, these so-called "celebrities" , they are indirectly, if not directly, affecting, thumbing their noses in front people of a particular size.

So, maybe a little bit of humour, lightening these negative words, and whatnot, isn't so bad? I don't think it is. A person who can make fun of themselves (obviously not in the extreme way but lightly) and can laugh at themselves are a very strong person and who is comfortable with themselves. That's the thing, there is not enough sources or media attention to aid those who need just a little bit of self-esteem boosting and self-confidence boosting to ensure them that they should not base their thoughts and opinions of themselves on the outward appearance so much but to think positively and be comfortable with themselves.

This could be turned into a whole new thread and discussion...

You really can't smell the over-weightness of someone can you,really?. No.
I'm sorry but I could not help but laugh out at this comment! I just found it funny. I'm sorry

I was just wondering why anyone should derive pleasure from that kind of humor.
That's the thing. The comment was in a sitcom, so obviously the audience will find it funny, plus there was more to it than that, with the whole episode and such... But many people would not have found the comment funny if it was in real life scenarios

I appreciate very much your clearing up of what you meant and no hard feelings,okay?
Alhamdulillah! I was so worried then, I was thinking, "Nooooo", but now you've cleared it up for me, :jz: And no, most definitely no hard feelings :D

Apologies for being off topic again!

May Ayob
01-21-2013, 11:07 PM
@Qurratul Ayn, there's nothing to worry about dear sister, and thanks I'm glad to know that I made you laugh I thought I hardly had any sense of humor.:)

I owe a big apology to sister Shaden-sorry I couldn't write it in arabic for thrashing her thread like that.I'm sorry. I;m very happy to know that you're okay dear sister and may Allah protect you at all times.

سيف الله
01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Salaam

That's the thing, my dear sister, why are we, humans, letting negative, horrid words affect us negatively? I never let hurtful words from other people, doesn't matter who they are, affect me. Never.

Apologies for being off topic again!
Actually this is not quite true. Remember a psychiatrist telling me that name calling does affect people, even those who claim it doesn't bother them. They showed the brain reacts the same way to the abuse.

(Sorry offtopic :skeleton:)

Qurratul Ayn
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Actually this is not quite true. Remember a psychiatrist telling me that name calling does affect people, even those who claim it doesn't bother them. They showed the brain reacts the same way to the abuse.
I meant in the present, from the age of say, 12? Since I began secondary school, and realised that these people are nothing to me, why should I let them have that sort of power (if you like; can't think of another word) of making me how I feel about myself. So, from then on whoever insults me or had, I just laugh or shake my head at them. Obviously, other petty people affected me when I was in primary school, but from secondary school to now? Nah.

P.S; Apologies, my dear Sister شَادِنُ I didn't mean to post off topic comments, but I am truly thankful to Allaah Ta'ala that you are well and your beloved sister too. Truly. :wub:

M.I.A.
01-22-2013, 12:41 AM
i think the narrower you make the road.. the narrower it becomes.

i mean i doubt you worried as a child. (never mind, you did :/ )

and the last thing you want is to develop ocd.

seriously i must do this now in preparation for something....

welcome to the real world... program.

i mean would you not have crashed if you didnt pick those leaflets up?

how about insurance?

im kidding, but only just.

i mean im already a slave to god.. im not going to be nagged by a voice in my head also.

oh, if only i had chosen the fish today!

but seriously.

at least you will be a better driver from now on.. with your sixth sense.

think about that last bit.

im sorry what i actually meant to say is that i believe fully in the phenomena you describe.

im not saying that you can dodge bullets.

...but when your ready, you wont have to.

:p

i dont really follow... the script. its actually what i try to change.

جوري
01-22-2013, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
at least you will be a better driver from now on.. with your sixth sense.
think about that last bit.
we were in a cab and though cabbies have a bad reputation on the road, the other guy making the U turn is the one who hit us.

best,

M.I.A.
01-22-2013, 01:03 AM
im sorry again, i feel for you and am grateful your ok.

i cant imagine how plugged in you are when your not having accidents :p

sorry.

nope, as long as your not planning on hurting people i guess your alright in my book.

may allah swt preserve you and guide you.

i dont have an islamic answer to give...

you will have to go to someone morepious :p

k im out.

ba51th
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
good sis, alhamdulillah, looks like my dua is works, I thought Allah never hear my dua...

Alpha Dude
01-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Insight of the mu'min.

Alhamdulilah that you're all okay.

Roasted Cashew
01-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Interesting!

Pure Purple
01-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Never came across such situation..
But Once I have seen dream.Pakistani gunman pointing his gun towards me.I closed my eyes started reciting shada .....LOL
.I read in news paper activities on indo -pak border.......

~ Sabr ~
01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
It's a sign by Allaah, you have been given another life, start improving your manners In shaa' Allaah.

Al-Mufarridun
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Alhamdulillah, I'm glad both you and your sister are alright.

About the sixth sense, I remembered a lecture I was listening to once, the scholar mentioned this in the tafseer of this verse.

لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِنْ بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ اللَّهِ

Each person has been assigned guardian angels before him and behind him,
who protect him by the command of Allah.(Ar-Ra'd, Ayah 11)

He said, those feelings we get sometimes come from these Angels, who are alerting us to something.

Allah swt knows best.

Salahudeen
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
7. We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: "Suckle him (for a time, without anxiety for his life), then when you have cause to fear for him, put him in the river, and do not fear or grieve. We will surely return him to you and make him one of our Messengers."

I remember hearing in lecture once that Allah didn't speak to the mother of Moses nor did any angel appear to her, and tell her to put her baby in the river, it was inspiration from Allah that caused her to do such actions. Your next question may be how do we know what actions are inspired by Allah, or are people inspired by Allah in their everyday life since we don't hold the status of the mother of Moses, I don't know :hmm:

One occasion where something similar happened to me was when I was in uni, I revised the exact passage from a book that the questions of an exam were based upon, the teacher just said revise the whole book and the exam will be based upon the whole book, but I felt inside to study that one chapter thoroughly to the point I knew it inside out and in the exam all the questions were from that one chapter and I got 98.9% which meant I got the grade I had been making Du'a for.

My friends had their exams two days later, and their questions came from another chapter of the book. My friends thought I'd cheated somehow.

Periwinkle18
01-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Assalam o alikum

sis i hope ur okay.

I duno this is just weird but sometimes i suddenly get worried about ppl (i just hav a feeling that they're not well or something happened to them) n when i ask them how they are the next day i find out that they're not so good this has happened to me alot :S

~Zaria~
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, Im glad to hear that you and your sister are ok.

Insha Allah, this would be an opportunity for you to re-focus on your purpose, realise how precious every second of your life is (without any warning, it can be all over), and may it be a means of strengthening your love and devotion to Allah (subhanawataála).

Take care sis,

:wa:

جوري
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
:jz: all for your comments and well wishes..:alhamd: :Allah: :swt: is ever merciful
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
Alhamdulillah, I'm glad both you and your sister are alright.

About the sixth sense, I remembered a lecture I was listening to once, the scholar mentioned this in the tafseer of this verse.

لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِنْ بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ اللَّهِ

Each person has been assigned guardian angels before him and behind him,
who protect him by the command of Allah.(Ar-Ra'd, Ayah 11)

He said, those feelings we get sometimes come from these Angels, who are alerting us to something.

Allah swt knows best.
I love suret Ar'ra3d especially as recited by Sheikh Mishary, I can't tell you how many times I have read this verse and it never struck me as it did when you posted it. Every day we learn of the transcendence & supernatural eloquence of the Noble Quran more than the day before sob7an Allah..
Also br. Salahudin, I had many incidents like that happen to me, more when I was a kid and closer to :Allah::swt: one often wonders how they can recapture that innocence.. may :Allah: :swt: love you..

unknown12
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Salams wow, alhamdulilah your okay sister :O crazy incident.

I would also want to add and this is a bit lame and out of context but I have this happen to me 95% of the time, like I would learn a new word and low and behold that very day I will hear someone use that word either a friend would say it to me, or I would see it on TV.

yeah I just found that a bit strange that this would happen, maybe its sheer luck or I am more conscious and aware of the word?
(sorry for the weird reply lol, i realise what I just typed is pointless except for the top part, hope your okay...)

IslamicRevival
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
“Allah sometimes takes us into troubled waters - Not to drown us, but to cleanse us”
SubhanAllah, Sorry to hear of accident but glad you're ok Alhamdulillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!