/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when will these people ever change themselves?

User_23338
01-22-2013, 12:02 AM
is there any way these people can change themselves? they think life is all about alcohol, sex and partying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
01-22-2013, 12:12 AM
So give them dawah.

Woodrow
01-22-2013, 12:16 AM
No man or woman can change himself/herself. But everyone is capable of asking Allaah(swt) to change them.

Tyrion
01-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Who are "these people"? I'm guessing that you're talking about the average person living in the west, in which case I'd advise you to actually go out and meet some people. In no way does "alcohol, sex, and partying" describe all of us, or even most of us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
01-22-2013, 08:40 AM
:salamext:

Which "people" brother?

sister herb
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Salam alaykum

When they grown up, have a family - and see how they own kids behave at the same age. Or some of them become muslims and find the right bath.

;D Who knows before the ways of Allah. Make duas to them whose today behave badly.

GuestFellow
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
It's usually the younger teens that enjoy drinking and having sex without marriage. You have to understand that they were not raised in an Islamic environment. To them, drinking and having sex without marriage is considered normal. If you want them to change, pray for them and be patient. You cannot expect people to change overnight.

Besides, it is always best to change yourself before changing others. We all have some flaws that need to be sorted.

User_23338
01-25-2013, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
It's usually the younger teens that enjoy drinking and having sex without marriage. You have to understand that they were not raised in an Islamic environment. To them, drinking and having sex without marriage is considered normal. If you want them to change, pray for them and be patient. You cannot expect people to change overnight.

Besides, it is always best to change yourself before changing others. We all have some flaws that need to be sorted.
yeah but these people are christian or jewish mostly and they still do that kind of stuff, they ignore what their books say and make up all sorts of lame excuses and say religion is garbage.

User_23338
01-25-2013, 04:04 AM
by the way, i know we all have flaws, but i only have certain ones, not major ones like these typical people, because they are in way worse situations than we are.

May Ayob
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
:sl:

I know sometimes it's discouraging when you have to watch people indulge in these kinds of behavior and it's even more discouraging when they sometimes boast about them, but really it's really their life, no one can really 'change' them in any way only God can. I'd advise you to just pray for them if you feel concerned; and try not to think about it that much, if it has an impact on your life you can calmly and politely inform whoever is doing this that his/her behavior has a negative effect on you, and that you would appreciate it if they stopped this behavior around your presence ( if it's a close relative or family member). But then if they're really complete strangers; then just never mind it as if it never happened anyway and move on with your day -easier said than done -true but it's really the only way you can proceed with your life. Also, don't make people's lives and behavior the most thing you care about, if someone is doing something I don't personally like or approve of then I'll just move on with my day and nevermind the whole incident in the end I really can't compel people to conform to my beliefs. Just try working on not letting those things bother you, and maybe you can hang out and associate with other people. I mean not everyone is interested in those kinds of things even among non muslims. There are many people who very much find those things very repulsive muslim or not. Keepin mind and try not to forget that some of our muslim brothers and sisters also indulge in that type of behavior so it's better not to be judgemental. There are many people who look at life in a very different way and they're all around us if we look for them; they can be found in the children's cancer hospitals, or the soup kitchen nearby or even the local library just search and have hope also don't forget to pray for all the people who are suffering in this world, if only we gave them half the amount of attention that people who are otherwise get. May God make it easy for you and I and all of us.

:wa:

Scimitar
01-29-2013, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
is there any way these people can change themselves? they think life is all about alcohol, sex and partying.

Um...

No.

...Unless Allah guides them.

Eric H
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Greetings and peace be with you sister harb;
Salam alaykum

When they grown up, have a family - and see how they own kids behave at the same age. Or some of them become muslims and find the right bath.
Can you recomend any good Bath Shops;D

Who knows before the ways of Allah. Make duas to them whose today behave badly
Good advice as always.

Blessings

Eric

Eric H
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MrKhan89;

I think it is better to try and change ourselves, rather than try and change other people. I like this little story from this forum, not sure where it comes from....

A man was on his death bed, Someone asked him to give some wise counsel before he departed, the world he Said.

" When I was young I wanted to change the world and solve its problems, As I got older I realized that perhaps I should lower my sights, I thought I would be better served in changing my country as time went on I realized that people of country could not be changed. I decided to change the people of my town , but they also did not wish to change, When I reached my old age I thought I would try changing my Family, here also I found my endeavors go to waste, try as I might my family members would not change.

" Now that I am on my death bed, I have realized that if I had sought to improve myself, and removed my own defects, then perhaps my family members would have been influenced. Then seeing the behavior of my family people of my town would have been influenced. By seeing the spiritual change and improvement of the people of my town, the people of my country would have been influenced. And perhaps through the people of my country the world may have been influenced."
* Source Unknown.

I wish to change the world but I find it near impossible, to change myself.
In the spirit of striving to change

Eric

sister herb
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Can you recomend any good Bath Shops;D
I meant path, not bath. Sorry.

:embarrass

But why not, a bath may make to some people good too.

Eric H
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Greetings and peace be with you sister harb;

I meant path, not bath. Sorry.
I know you did, but I couldn't resist, so sorry :nervous:

But why not, a bath may make to some people good too.
You are right as always, cleanliness is next to Godliness and I know Islam has more to say.

Blessings,

Eric

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Don't worry about "these people" worry about yourself. You want change? You gotta be the first one to change :D Be the change you want to see, lead by example.

- cOsMiC

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!