/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm always feeling upset and crying, what am I doing wrong?

specs
01-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Asalaam alaykum (:
I really need help or advice. I don't know what I'm doing wrong that I'm always constantly feeling upset and crying everyday at night. I cry loads when I think about certain things (I do try and distract myself but it don't seem to work at times especially at night). I try and read all my prayers and make up for the ones I miss. I also do alot of zikr and pray voluntary prayers at night and read Quran. If I feel down I always turn and cry my heart out to Allah whenever I pray (I've stopped telling my friends when I'm upset because I know only Allah can help me). I've been like this for the past couple of months now.

I don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong? I have patience and try and remain patient for the few things that have really hurt me a few months back but sometimes I feel I'm wrong because I'm crying over it. I really don't know what to do, I feel like crap, hate feeling like this :(

Please do remember me in your blessed dua's, Jazaak'Allah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-22-2013, 03:34 AM
:wa:

sis , may Allah eases ur pain and gives u strength , may He erases all ur sins and bless u with Jannat in the hereafter , Ameen.

Alpha Dude
01-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Without knowing exactly what it is that you are crying over I don't think many people would be able to help you..

However, in my ignorant opinion, it seems that Allah is bringing you closer to him. Crying whenever you communicate with Allah is a good sign. It shows your weakness and vulnerability and that you are humbling yourself in front of the one who can bring about change in your life.

*charisma*
01-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Crying is good, it's a stress-reliever and part of the healing process. I can understand that if you have no one to discuss things with and you feel no one can help you, then through out the day you are probably subconsciously building up stress and thoughts that you feel the need to release through crying and prayer. I'd be more worried if you were sad and could not cry or express some kind of emotion.

I don't know what you're going through that would preoccupy you at nighttime and cause you so much sorrow, but whatever it is, inshallah it will pass. All I can say is don't feel alone. Some advice a good friend gave me once was no matter what struggle you're going through in life, know that there are 7 billion people in the world. Even if you thought to yourself that only a small percentage of 1% could possibly be going through this exact same problem, 1% is 70 million people which mashallah is a lot! I'm sure if you have a really close friend it would be ok to dislose your worries to them. They may not be able to fix what happened in the past, but at least you would have a way to release some of that stress during the day so you're not doing it all at nighttime when you should be resting. Also, distancing yourself from friends and family may not be such a great idea all the time when you're sad. It may make you closer to Allah, which is great, but with some people sadness really consumes them and they fall into a deep depression. Try to make time with your family and friends and just go hang out, replace old memories with new and better ones. Even giving advice to others sometimes makes you realize how much some things aren't worth crying over.

May Allah grant you success and happiness in this dunyaa and hereafter ameen

fi aman allah
w'salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
specs
01-23-2013, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
sis , may Allah eases ur pain and gives u strength , may He erases all ur sins and bless u with Jannat in the hereafter , Ameen.
Asalaaam alaykum and thank you sister :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Without knowing exactly what it is that you are crying over I don't think many people would be able to help you..

However, in my ignorant opinion, it seems that Allah is bringing you closer to him. Crying whenever you communicate with Allah is a good sign. It shows your weakness and vulnerability and that you are humbling yourself in front of the one who can bring about change in your life.
I did'nt really want to mention what it was tbh but I know by staying away from it is the right thing to do because its not right but it just hurts.
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Crying is good, it's a stress-reliever and part of the healing process. I can understand that if you have no one to discuss things with and you feel no one can help you, then through out the day you are probably subconsciously building up stress and thoughts that you feel the need to release through crying and prayer. I'd be more worried if you were sad and could not cry or express some kind of emotion.

I don't know what you're going through that would preoccupy you at nighttime and cause you so much sorrow, but whatever it is, inshallah it will pass. All I can say is don't feel alone. Some advice a good friend gave me once was no matter what struggle you're going through in life, know that there are 7 billion people in the world. Even if you thought to yourself that only a small percentage of 1% could possibly be going through this exact same problem, 1% is 70 million people which mashallah is a lot! I'm sure if you have a really close friend it would be ok to dislose your worries to them. They may not be able to fix what happened in the past, but at least you would have a way to release some of that stress during the day so you're not doing it all at nighttime when you should be resting. Also, distancing yourself from friends and family may not be such a great idea all the time when you're sad. It may make you closer to Allah, which is great, but with some people sadness really consumes them and they fall into a deep depression. Try to make time with your family and friends and just go hang out, replace old memories with new and better ones. Even giving advice to others sometimes makes you realize how much some things aren't worth crying over.

May Allah grant you success and happiness in this dunyaa and hereafter ameen

fi aman allah
w'salam
Thank you :) yeah it helps once I cry it out but its the same thing everyday I try not to think about it but its hard. I do tell one of my closest friends it just that I don't wana be talking to them over the same thing again and again its not going to get me anywhere, its just one of those things. Ameen Insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!