/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is truly Islamic Sharia!

Innocent Soul
01-22-2013, 09:43 AM
This is truly Islamic Sharia!

A salute to the Indonesian judge:
When justice is tampered with mercy...

An Indonesian judge by the name of Marzuki was sitting in judgment of an old lady who pleaded guilty of stealing some tapioca from a plantation.

In her defense, she admitted to the judge that she was indeed guilty of the crime because she was poor and her son was sick while her grandchild was hungry.

The plantation manager insisted that she be punished as a deterrent to others.

The judge going through the documents then looked up and said to the old lady, “I’m sorry but I cannot make any exception to the law and you must be punished.”

The old lady was fined Rp.1 million (USD 100) and if she could not pay the fine then she will be jailed for 2 and a half years as demanded by the law.

She wept as she could not pay the fine.

The judge then took off his hat and put in Rp. 1 million into the hat and said, “In the name of justice, I fine all who are in the court Rp.50 thousand (USD 5.50) as dwellers of this city for letting a child to starve until her grandmother has to steal to feed her grandchild. The registrar will now collect the fines from all present.”

The court managed to collect Rp 3.5 million (USD 350) whereby once the fine was paid off, the rest was given to the old lady … including the fine collected from the plantation manager.

This Indonesian Judge acted according to the true Islamic Sharia as practiced by Hazrat Ali SA. That if a person is hungry, then the punishment for stealing is NOT meted out to such a person and society must feed that poor person.

http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2012/0...ing-casava-and

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Roasted Cashew
01-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Is this for real or just another one of those feel-good but "fake" stories.. I seriously hope it is true..I would wanna share this story everywhere. Can anyone else verify this?

ardianto
01-23-2013, 02:49 AM
:sl:

That's a FAKE story that made by someone to satirize the irony of justice in Indonesia. Maybe the idea was coming from Mrs. Minah case.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...randma039.html

ba51th
01-23-2013, 03:01 AM
I ever thought this story is true...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
01-23-2013, 03:36 AM
Salaam.

Beautiful story, but I don't think it is real.

Innocent Soul
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That's a FAKE story
Yeah! I thought about it and I knew it that if it's wrong you might correct it. Jazakallah Khair!

I'll stop srpeading it. :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!