/* */

PDA

View Full Version : who are these strangers?

Periwinkle18
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Assalaam o alikum

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahîh Muslim*(1/130)]*

i read this hadith can someone explain plz who are these strangers??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Wa'alaikum' salam

Rasulullah (saw) asked "Who are those strangers, o, Rasulullah?", and Rasulullah (saw) answer "Those are, people who make improvements when other people down."
(HR Imam Thabrani)

Insha Allah, I'll be back with further explanation.

Innocent Soul
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybe you can get your answer here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xGEfxiuIs

http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/i.../t-342215.html

Al-Mufarridun
01-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
01-22-2013, 10:15 AM
ahh YouTube's not working will check on my lappy

Periwinkle18
01-22-2013, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikum' salam

Rasulullah (saw) asked "Who are those strangers, o, Rasulullah?", and Rasulullah (saw) answer "Those are, people who make improvements when other people down."
(HR Imam Thabrani)

Insha Allah, I'll be back with further explanation.
Ahaan jazakAllah akhi.

*charisma*
01-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Muslims are the strangers.

The people of Islam are strangers amongst mankind; then the people of Eemaan are strangers amongst the people of Islam; then the people of knowledge are strangers amongst the people of Eemaan; then the people sticking to the Sunnah, those who take care to distinguish it from desires and innovations, are strangers; then those who call to it while being patient in face of the harms caused by those who turn away are the most strange. [Abdul-Wahid bin Abdullah al-Muhaidib]

When a Muslim becomes more involved with his deen, he is estranged by the rest of the world because he's no longer associating himself with as many secular affairs. For example, a muslim who prays 5x a day will be looked at as strange by those who don't pray at all. A muslimah who wears full hijaab is also seen as strange by society. Islam is unlike anything else, it's different, and it's a stranger to those who are not a part of it.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

ba51th
01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
hmm... so that's the explanation...

ardianto
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
There was a time that we know as Jahiliyah (the age of ignorance). This was the time when people in Arabia worshiped idols, buried female babies alive, and committed many other ignorance.

And this was the time when Rasulullah (saw) got message to spread Islam, a religion of Allah that look strange and not familiar (gharib) in eyes of Arab people in that time. As we know, it was not easy for Rasulullah (saw) to tell Islam to the people. But, Alhamdulillah, then Islam spread among people, not only among people of Arabia, and later Islam reached its golden age.

Now we are living in modern day, and Islam has become a big religion with more than one billion of believers. But, if we look around we would see a reality that Islam now is considered as something strange, and many people, even Muslims, are not familiar with Islam. Every Muslim says "I'm a Muslim", but how many of them who really live under Islam?.

Do you realize, sis?, now we are living in the time when many Muslims say "I'm Muslim" but actually they deny Islam. Many Muslims ignore sunnah, they regard Sharia is an old product that not suitable for this modern day. Yes, for those people, Islam is something that not familiar with them.

However, if we look around again, we can see some Muslims who still live under Islam. They follow Qur'an, follow sunnah, and usually they active in Shi'ar (telling people about) Islam.

But, can you see what happen to those pious people?. Other people see those pious people as strange people because they do not enjoy the dunya pleasure. Even other people regard those pious people as creature that should be avoided. And this make those pious people 'isolated' from society that full of people who obsessed with dunya pleasure. This make those pious people become "the strangers" (Ghuraba).

But actually "the stranger" are the lucky people, because they are the saved people who will go to Jannah.

May Allah make us become The Strangers.

Periwinkle18
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Ameen

jazakallah akhi.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!