/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how come some of you seem so happy as though you never have problems?

anonymous
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
You guys are so lucky how do I have a life like you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-22-2013, 11:55 PM
:salamext:

مَنۡ عَمِلَ صَـٰلِحً۬ا مِّن ذَڪَرٍ أَوۡ أُنثَىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤۡمِنٌ۬ فَلَنُحۡيِيَنَّهُ ۥ حَيَوٰةً۬ طَيِّبَةً۬*ۖ وَلَنَجۡزِيَنَّهُمۡ أَجۡرَهُم بِأَحۡسَنِ مَا ڪَانُواْ يَعۡمَلُونَ

Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter). (Qur'an 16:97)

جوري
01-23-2013, 01:55 AM
I don't think I have come across a single Muslim on this forum who wasn't plagued by something serious or another.. just that faith & patience is what sustains the best of us (probably the 'some' you mention)

Sahih International
But none is granted it except those who are patient, and none is granted it except one having a great portion [of good].

isn't it amazing the value and weightiness of patience especially in times of calamity? Especially when it is a calamity from which you know there's no escape.. isn't that also what faith is? believing that :Allah: :swt: will save you even though all the odds are stacked against you?

:w:

Muslim Woman
01-23-2013, 03:44 AM
:sl:

"The one who is not afflicted with sadness and grief should fear being from the people of the Fire because (Allah says in the Qur'an that) the people of Paradise will say: •►"Praise be to Allah Who removed from us sadness..."

[Surah al-Fatir, 45:34]

- Ibrahim al-Taymi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
01-23-2013, 07:52 AM
There are so many members on here I've come across who have problems. You wouldn't know it. Their grief is hidden.

Contentment is the key, though. Whatever life throws at you, be it a life long affliction, take it as a test from Allah and be patient.

Periwinkle18
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Prophet (saw) went thru so much buh he still had a smile on his face.

anonymous
01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

مَنۡ عَمِلَ صَـٰلِحً۬ا مِّن ذَڪَرٍ أَوۡ أُنثَىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤۡمِنٌ۬ فَلَنُحۡيِيَنَّهُ ۥ حَيَوٰةً۬ طَيِّبَةً۬*ۖ وَلَنَجۡزِيَنَّهُمۡ أَجۡرَهُم بِأَحۡسَنِ مَا ڪَانُواْ يَعۡمَلُونَ

Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter). (Qur'an 16:97)
. You guys can function and do good deeds. My heart doesn't find joy if I look at quran ayahs I feel arrogant that I think these verses are speaking to me. I feel so worthless.

Amat Allah
01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

We are believers so, whatever we may face in life from good and bad then it is khayer for us, Alhamdulilah.
It wa
s narrated that Suhayb said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for all his affairs are good, and this applies to no one except the believer. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks, and that is good for him, and it something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 2999)
And when you make Allah the first always and above all then you will have everything...I swear by Allah and Allah won't disappoint ya everytime you return to Him The Most Merciful but will give ya the best always , pleases ya and Be pleased with ya I asure ya and He The Most Exalted Is my witness.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6510).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “When a person spends his entire day with no other concern but Allaah alone, Allaah, may He be glorified, will take care of all his needs and take care of all that is worrying him; He will empty his heart so that it will be filled only with love for Him, free his tongue so that it will speak only in remembrance of Him (dhikr) and cause all his faculties to work only in obedience to Him. But if a person spends his entire day with no other concern but this world, Allaah will make him bear its distress, anxiety and pain; He will leave him to sort himself out, and cause his heart to be distracted from the love of Allaah towards the love of some created being, cause his tongue to speak only in remembering people instead of remembering Allaah, and cause him to use his talents and energy in obeying and serving them. So he will strive hard, labouring like some work-animal, to serve something other than Allaah… Everyone who turns away from being a true slave of Allaah and obeying Him and loving Him will be burdened with servitude, love and obedience to some created being. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allaah), We appoint for him a shaytaan (devil) to be a qareen (intimate companion) to him.’ [al-Zukhruf 43:36].”

Al-Fawaa’id, p. 159
and whatever you may face my precious from difficulties then you have Him ; return to Him The Most High The Most Compassionate in duaa, ask Hi , cry for Him and He will listen and He Is The One Who has all cures and answers... laa ilaha illa Allah.

it is mentioned in the saheeh hadeeth from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:

‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.”

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/21677
May Allah ease everything for ya, honor ya, guide ya , please ya and Be pleased with ya and make happiness and satisfaction the titles of every single moment of your precious life Ameeeeen

and I tell ya as habibi the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to his companion Abu Bakr Assideeq (May Allah Be pleased with him):

"Don't be sad; Surely, Allah Is with us"

and Allah knows the best.

anonymous
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I don't think I have come across a single Muslim on this forum who wasn't plagued by something serious or another.. just that faith & patience is what sustains the best of us
What does faith and patience mean? I am patient well I try to be. But I notice I'm one of those people who although does not tell people in the outside world her problems. I always have to tell people online and ask for help. I hate that.

anonymous
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
"Praise be to Allah Who removed from us sadness..."
:) Jzk sis but I want to be like Asiyah and Maryam AS who sought help only and only from Allah swt . I am very weak. I seek help from people even after turning to Allah.

anonymous
01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
There are so many members on here I've come across who have problems. You wouldn't know it. Their grief is hidden.
How should I hide my grief? It is always present on my face and people can see. I hate that.

anonymous
01-23-2013, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Prophet (saw) went thru so much buh he still had a smile on his face.
Jzk sis

anonymous
01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
May Allah ease everything for ya, honor ya, guide ya , please ya and Be pleased with ya and make happiness and satisfaction the titles of every single moment of your precious life Ameeeeen

and I tell ya as habibi the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to his companion Abu Bakr Assideeq (May Allah Be pleased with him):

"Don't be sad; Surely, Allah Is with us"

Ameen. Jzk sis. How do I make Allah my sole focus with a pure intention?

May Ayob
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
'Yeah, these people are so lucky, they're always so happy there can't be any problems in their lives'-- not true. Everyone in this planet has problems some people are just better at hiding them than others, some believe they can handle it on their own ,some pretend that they're not there, and others don't feel the need to disclose their private matters to other people. Happiness is relative from one person to another; what may make you happy may make me upset and so on. I think what you mean here is why do some people seem like they can handle everything and anything life throws at them. Well, they can't atleast not on their own this why we turn to God to give us strength and patience and the keyword here is content, because if you have that you will always feel 'happy' -I mean positive- I know for myself I don't like sharing my problems with people (just as you don't) because everything is transdient and I just remeber the cliche 'this too shall pass' and they probably have problems of their own so why should I add to their burden--I know this is wrong though. How we deal with our problems is mainly what affects our temperment and everyone here has their own way of doing that. I think that we just want to interact with each other here and forget about our problems this why you probably sense the vibe that we're all very happy and 'everything is just perfect'.

Sorry, I didn't read ther rest of your posts I just read the OP.

My heart doesn't find joy if I look at quran ayahs I feel arrogant that I think these verses are speaking to me. I feel so worthless.
You're not worthless, who/whatever made you feel that way is completely wrong. You are a unique humanbeing and there's no any other person in this whole planet that is identical to you in anyway. If you feel arrogant reading the verses the quran and thinking they are speaking to you; I guess that makes me and everyone else who does that very evil people. But don't worry I know what you mean; you feel the word of Allah is too great for it to be directed to you, well who doesn't?. Just look at it this way, your compassionate and mercifull Lord is inviting you to read His words because He loves you and wants you to be happy. Hopefully things will fall into place after that.

How should I hide my grief? It is always present on my face and people can see. I hate that.
You shouldn't hide your grief, sooner or later it will explode when you least expect it; face it. If there's something that makes you sad or is really bothering you then just let it out; I'm not saying go on ranting about it --you can for example write a poem about it or express your feelings into words. When you need to cry go ahead and cry it doesn't make you the least bit weaker in any way, you have to keep in touch with you emotions. And cheer up, as much as there are things in life that can make you really sad; there's always something to be gratefull for and smile about. ''I used to cry about having no shoes; untill I met a man with no legs".

How do I make Allah my sole focus with a pure intention?
By parying to Him that He does so. Just ask Him before you go to bed and after you wake up and trust that He will make you very happy and protect you from any kind of grief and sadness.

What does faith and patience mean? I am patient well I try to be. But I notice I'm one of those people who although does not tell people in the outside world her problems. I always have to tell people online and ask for help. I hate that.
If you're that capable of not sharing your problems with people in the real world; I don't see why you seem to think so badly of your self;I'll say you're very strong and patient from what you wrote here. We all have our short comings no one is that consistent in observing patience this is why we repent to God for our mistakes and hope that He will bring us back on track. And asking for advice (online or otherwise) is not that bad; I mean it gives you a broader perspective of things and more wisdom because everyone has something to contribute because everyone has different experiences in life and different levels of knowledge about Islam, if you don't like someone's advice you don't have to follow it.

I am very weak. I seek help from people even after turning to Allah.
My dear sister, you have to stop beating yourself up like that, Allah loves you and you should believe that. You sound like a very nice person and if I met you in person it would be an honor for me to be a friend of yours. Smile :) Insha'Allah this is just a trial and everything will get better. May Allah bestow His mercy and favors upon you and make you one of His dearly beloved servants.

walaikum alsalam.

Periwinkle18
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
sometimes we think our probs r big buh wen we talk to someone n hear wht they're gng thru we learn that our probs r nth compared to theirs...

recently learnt this. one should b thankful at all times. Alhumdulilah ala kuli haal.

Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear.

sometimes talking to someone helps :)

Scimitar
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
You guys are so lucky how do I have a life like you?
This could be the most important question you have yet asked yourself... BIG QUESTION :)

I trust the members here can do a better job of explaining than I can, as I have seen from some of the responses so far.

God bless.

Scimi

~Zaria~
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I hope you will find this article, of as much benefit as it was for me, insha Allah: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ach-other.html

BarakAllahu feek

Amat Allah
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Ameen. Jzk sis. How do I make Allah my sole focus with a pure intention?
Wa Iyakum always Ameeen

leave everything distracts you from doing that; whenever you make Allah the first always and no matter what then you will achieve that goal you are searching for my precious and your intention will be pure too cause everything is nothing to ya when it comes to Allah's pleasure... laa ilaha illa Allah

and also, take the book of Allah as the best friend you may ever have, read, recite , understand, reflict and put into effect and that will increase so much in you from Taqwa, Imaan, wisdom, patience and sincerity in'shaa Allah...try to memorize abit as much as you can and able to and repeat them whereever you are whether busy of serving or laying on bed or whatever...let this tongue of you busy with Allah's rememberance and feel the meaning with your heart and understand them...rely on Allah and trust Him fully and you won't be disappointed...

my precious, whenever you walk towards Allah; seeking His love and pleasure then you will Find Him running to ya; helping ya, supporting ya and easing the way for ya to be His true servant and slave and not only that but also rewarding ya for your hard work and sincerity...none like Allah laa ilaha illa Allah...

when you return to Allah the right way then you will need none and nothing cause you will have The One The Everything.

read the following and try to understand it O dear letter by letter in'shaa Allah:

Praise be to Allaah. Firstly:

Sincerity towards Allah is the best type of sincerity. The Muslim is being sincere towards his Lord if he achieves sincerity in three aspects: faith and proper belief, acts of obedience, and morals and manners. Faith does not mean mere wishful thinking. The one who is sincere in his faith is the one who attains faith in the way his Lord wants from him, which includes sincerity in faith, sincerity in intention, and sincerity in fear of Allah, may He be exalted. Not every act of obedience is sincere unless it is done, both outwardly and inwardly, in a manner which Allah likes.

Allah has described the sincere in one verse, in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allaah) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allaah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masaakeen (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfil their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles).” Then Allah says, after listing all these attributes: “Such are the people of the truth and they are Al‑Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:177].

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This verse includes a number of great meanings, important principles and sound beliefs.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/485.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “Such” means those who have the characteristics mentioned, such as good beliefs and actions which are the effect, evidence and light of faith; the morals and manners which lend dignity to man and are the essence of humanity. These are the ones who are “the people of the truth”, whose faith is sincere, because their actions confirm their faith. “And they are Al‑Muttaqoon (the pious)”, because they refrained from what is forbidden and did what is enjoined, because these things include all good attributes by implication, and because fulfilling one’s covenant is the essence of the entire religion, and because the acts of worship mentioned in this verse are the greatest acts of worship and the one who does them will undoubtedly do other acts of worship. They are the righteous, the sincere people of truth, the pious.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 83

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Among the things we learn from this verse is that what is mentioned is true sincerity towards Allah and towards His creation, because Allah says: “Such are the people of the truth”; they are sincere towards Allah, as on the basis of these good beliefs they establish faith and belief in Allah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book and the Prophets, and they establish prayer, pay zakaah, and give what is dear to them to the charitable causes mentioned. As for their sincerity towards Allah's creation, that is included in the words of Allah: “who fulfil their covenant when they make it”, which is one of the signs of sincerity. Hence Allah says: “Such are the people of the truth”, as they are sincere in their beliefs, in their interactions with Allah and with other people.

Tafseer Soorat al-Baqarah, 2/293, 294

Secondly:

You should note that sincerity with Allah is not something that we can make a show of and convince ourselves of whilst abandoning righteous deeds. Rather sincerity towards Allah is in the intention and in the action when we do it and when the means of doing it become available. The one who is sincere towards his Lord will, by means of the sincerity of his intention, attain that (reward) which the one who does the action attains, if something keeps him from doing the action. It was narrated from Sahl ibn Hunayf (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever sincerely asks Allaah for martyrdom, Allaah will cause him to attain the status of the martyrs, even if he dies in his bed.” Narrated by Muslim, 1909.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

A person can have nothing more beneficial than sincerity towards his Lord in all his affairs, along with sincerity of resolve, so he should be sincere towards Him in his resolve and in his actions. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And when the matter (preparation for Jihaad) is resolved on, then if they had been true to Allaah, it would have been better for them” [Muhammad 47:21]. So his happiness lies in sincerity of resolve and sincerity of action. Sincerity of resolve means certain desire to do an action and not hesitating to do it. If his resolve is sincere, all that is left is sincerity of action, which is doing one’s best and striving one’s utmost when doing it , and not letting anything, outward or inward, hold him back from it. Resolve of purpose prevents him from becoming weak-willed and sincerity of action prevents him from becoming lazy or lethargic. If a person is sincere towards Allah in all his affairs, Allah will give him more than He gives to others, and this sincerity results from true love of Allah and true trust in Him. So the most sincere of people is the one who is loves Allah most and puts most trust in Him.

Al-Fawaa’id, p. 186, 187

May Allah Be with ya and all the Ummah, May Alah guide the whole world to Him Ameeeen no life but with Allah and who knows not Allah then he is dead no matter how happy he/she is (fake happiness of dunya).

Muhaba
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
There is no one in the world without problems, i can assure you. I remember my good friend who seemed to have everything in life but then she (and her sisters) got married to their cousins and they had children but instead of bringing them happiness, it brought them so much pain, because they had been marrying within their family for so long, their children started having all sorts of awful medical illnesses.

So, no one is always happy and no one in the world is problem-free.

Tests are a trial from Allah and no-one will remain with problems forever. Eventually the problems will end and the sun will shine. So be patient and pray to Allah to make it easy on you and be happy with what you got.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!