/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are men and women allowed to joke together about work?

anonymous
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
two colleagues at a muslim school? one maulana and the other is a shaykhs wife who teaches there and there were other female teachers present. But they were jokign casually about the inspection that took place at school today. I didnt think it was right for some reason and it shouldnt happen. Yes the female teacher had the veil but to laugh and talk whilst looking into each others eyes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Allah knows best what happened and what the context was. We can't say anything about a situation that we don't know about. Generally though, it is understood that the path of true taqwa/God consciousness would necessitate that such things as you described don't happen.

However, I think you should ignore and not talk about it. Don't think badly of the people involved either. There is no good to be gained in that. Husn al dhaan/form a good opinion by making excuses and leave it at that.

Qurratul Ayn
01-23-2013, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
one maulana and the other is a shaykhs wife who teaches there and there were other female teachers present. But they were jokign casually about the inspection that took place at school today. I didnt think it was right for some reason and it shouldnt happen.
I would have felt the same, so I understand what you mean. One sees these two figures of authority who are Muslim but of the opposite gender joking or talking casually in a school atmosphere or anywhere to be precise, and one automatically thinks it's wrong, and the unease and not being comfortable with the situation settles in, whereas if this were to be in a public, mixed gender school then it may not have that sort of impact upon one's mind as within that society that behaviour is not frowned upon and it is seen as the norm.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
However, I think you should ignore and not talk about it. Don't think badly of the people involved either. There is no good to be gained in that. Husn al dhaan/form a good opinion by making excuses and leave it at that.
Absolutely right. Don't think much of it

And as always only :Allah: knows best

anonymous
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Don't think badly of the people involved either. There is no good to be gained in that. Husn al dhaan/form a good opinion by making excuses and leave it at that.
That is what I'm trying to do. But my mind feels like do not look upto these people because they are not flawless and these people tell students not to laugh loudly etc when they do it themselves.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
whereas if this were to be in a public, mixed gender school then it may not have that sort of impact upon one's mind as within that society that behaviour is not frowned upon and it is seen as the norm.
I'd still feel uncomfortable in this situation if it was a mixed non muslim school. I'd just distance myself away. Am I weird/different? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that reacts this way...

Alpha Dude
01-24-2013, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
That is what I'm trying to do. But my mind feels like do not look upto these people because they are not flawless and these people tell students not to laugh loudly etc when they do it themselves.
Nobody is flawless. If that is what you are looking for then you will never find it. Everybody has weaknesses and stuff to improve upon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!